Four

How To Be a Heartbreaker

Cause I lo-lo-lo-love you.
 

 

 

The next day, Taemin woke up with swollen eyes and definite decisions.  He's going to do something with this seemingly hopeless situation. Yesterday night, along with a long chatting with Key and then Jonghyun too, made him believing that he was somewhere between the liking and loving Minho. He wasn't one hundred percent sure that he was in love- not yet-, but he was sure about he could love Minho.

But first, he needed to change. He always thought that it's pity to change for someone. He was way too proud for it. But now, he didn't want to be a selfish anymore. He wanted to be a normal human being who could deserve the amount of love he got from Minho- what he still couldn't understand how Minho could love him that much even when he was a bastard with him.

Also, somehow he needed to fix the things between them. He knew that the boy probably broke up with him because Taemin's sake and not because his feeling changed from one day to another. Taemin felt so stupid that he didn't realize his feeling beforehand. How easier would it be now.

The black haired boy exactly knew where to start fixing the problems. From the best friend.

He knew- and totally understand- when Minho's best friend tried to keep Minho away from him. Always being protective to him, he wanted Taemin to stay away from his friend but he couldn't stop him. Taemin was also aware of the fact that Onew did researches of him but he didn't mind at all. He was a good best friend, the boy decided.

And like now, when Onew stared at him with a doubting gaze as they sat in a café, he could see the hatred in his eyes. Taemin sighed, he knew it won't be easy.

"What do you want?" Onew didn't care about being sweet with the bastard who broke his best friend's heart. Also, he didn't like that the boy called him out from an important lecture just to talk to him.

"I want to ask for your permission." the black haired boy stated simply. He decided he won't act other than he is. He will change but not wholly. Some things couldn't be changed. And he thought that he wants to succeed with his natural personality than a fake one.

"For what?"

"For being together with Minho, again." Onew was truly surprised. Honestly, he knew that he was called here because Taemin wanted to ask him something about Minho. But he thought he wanted to ask him to help him be together- he would understand because as he heard, Minho was such a good boyfriend- and of course, he would help them even if he was against all of this. He would do anything just to help Minho out of his gloomy mood.

"I don't think you need my permission. This is your thing." in fact, he wanted to stay away from this topic. He already said his 'I told you' and truthfully, it wasn't that satisfying. 

"I know but I still want it." Taemin forced it because he truly needed it. He decided that if he gets the permission, he asks- heck, he was ready to even beg- Minho to be together again; but if he doesn't get it, he won't go to Minho. If his best friend doesn't think that he's enough good for him, he won't force it more.

"Look, I won't say that I'm happy that you want to be with Minho again. I have never been happy to you being with him because all he did, was to give you love and warmth while you just shoved him away all the time." he stopped as he saw the amount of guilt in the boy's eyes and sighed. "I want to know beforehand I give my permission; do you love him? Or you just want the good-looking boyfriend back who is the perfect accessory?"

"I don't love him fully, yet. But I will. I know I will because no one ever made me feel like this. I just need time." Taemin stopped and stared daringly into Onew's eyes. "But I'm sure about that I want him  not because I'm desperate to have someone by my side but because there is something. So no, I don't want him to be my accessory boyfriend."

Onew bit back a smile. Who did think? Emotionally desert Taemin could feel love.

"Well then, my permission is yours." Onew thought he's going to see that smug smirk that was Taemin was famous for but he didn't. He only saw a truly happy smile as the boy spoke. Oh well, Onew reminded himself to it was the same boy who was a bastard to his best friend.

"Thank you." Taemin was really grateful. The atmosphere between them became quite awkward after the emotional confession of his, so he tried enlighten the mood. "You didn't think that I can love, right Mr. Spy?"

Onew didn't answer, just sipped from his coffee with a bright red face.

 

Well, his plan's part one was finished. It took off some pressure from his shoulders but not that much. He was still scared about Minho- even if he perfectly knew that the boy still loves him. What should he do when he went to him? Should he kiss him? Or should he apologize first? Or telling him his feeling?

He didn't know and he didn't want to think about it because he was afraid he might run away, when he's front of Minho. He decided: place and time will make the situation.

So he went to Minho's house. He was so nervous, he has never could imagine himself being that nervous. He was close to ditch his plan, run away and be miserable to the rest of his life. But he couldn't do this now, since his arm moved without him knowing and pressed the bell. Suddenly, in a second, every kind of thoughts filled his mind.

It was a mistake.

He shouldn't be here.

He was just unsure with his feelings.

Minho just made him confused with his good guy behaviour.

No, maybe he was very sure with his feelings.

As the doors flew open and Minho stepped out with messy hair, sleepy eyes- those that still looked at him so lovingly- and pyjamas, mumbling a quiet 'hey!', Taemin couldn't stop himself saying it out.

"I love you." yes, this time he was sure with it. It took him enough to realize it but at least, he realized. Minho smiled at him brightly and embraced him tightly.

"I know. Onew told me." he said in a joking tone. He was so, so happy, he couldn't even describe it- but he tried to not to show this out because he didn't want to Taemin find him pretty creepy with his ear to ear smile- and the other just laughed. Oh, what a beautiful sound.

"It would be my big time." Taemin said with a fake pout. It felt so good that the boy opened up a little for him. Until this time, Taemin acted coolly, unreachable but now, there he was joking and pouting. Minho knew that habits didn't change suddenly, so he has to have a lot of time, patience and love to make the boy be comfortable enough with him to be himself, but it was a good beginning for it.

"It was good even if I knew it." he couldn't stop himself from smiling, and it looked like Taemin had the same problem. Minho had to say something because there they were, standing in the doorstep, staring at each other and smiling so stupidly. Also he missed him much- even their break up took like 3 days- he wanted to spend time with the boy.  "Want to come in? I can make you sandwiches."

"Of course!" Taemin said happily as he followed Minho to his house. Oh, he knew this house as much as his own, it felt so good being here again. Something kept disturbing him, so he stopped behind Minho and called out."Hey, Minho!"

"Yes?"Minho mindlessly turned back, curious what the boy wanted.

"I'm sorry." Taemin looked down as he said it. He really was, it wasn't just an empty apologize. If he wasn't so stupid, he could have spare themselves from this wrangling. On the other hand, Minho smiled at him tenderly and patted his head. It made the black haired boy looking up as his boyfriend said.

"Already forgiven."