Three

How To Be a Heartbreaker

We don't want our hearts to break in two
So it's better to be fake, can't risk losing
In love again, babe

 

"You have been quiet, lately." Minho pointed out as they wandered through the town. Since his confession, Taemin was quiet and just answered with one or two words and nods. He was off and he had a clue why. In fact, he was happy that the boy said those words back to him but he felt uneasy about it. Maybe he just cornered the boy and he felt like he didn't have any other choices.

Taemin ignored the statement and started to speak. It was something he had to tell to his boyfriend.

"Minho, the thing I said last night wasn't very true." he said tonelessly. He felt so much guilty about this situation. He was afraid to look up to Minho, but his sight caught something like a small smile on Minho's lips and it made him surprised. He always knew that Minho could see through him so easy- even Kibum couldn't do this- but still, it did surprise him.

"I know." Minho looked down at Taemin who avoided looking at him. He knew his time was up, this was the end of their not so long lived relationship. It was not like, he was able to forget Taemin and his love for him quickly, he didn't even want to. He was hopeless if it was about Taemin. "Should we break up?"

"Yes." it made Taemin uneasy how calm Minho was. How easily said those words.

 

He thought it will be fun, nothing serious. He thought that it will be easy, breaking up with Minho since he was nothing for Taemin, right? How come that when he broke up with others, he was so indifferent about it but now, he would like to cry?

Was it because Minho said those words out? But they were in his own tongue, he was ready to say them out. Was this that case, when most people say 'you only know it was important when you lost it'?

"What's up Taem?" Kibum said as he hopped down next to the boy. "You aren't looking good. What happened?"

"We broke up." the black haired boy said simply, trying to not look at Key to avoid his curious gaze. He didn't have spirit to the blond's little games with him, he was angry at himself and at his friends. But why? Honestly, he didn't know. He just didn't want to be around them.

"Congratulation!" Key cheered with a bright smile but seemingly, it didn't affected Taemin's gloomy mood a bit. "Still, why are you looking like ?"

"I think I just messed it up, Key." Taemin murmured as laid his head down on the table.

"Why? You said you don't love him."

"I thought that, so." he formed each words carefully to keep himself from the other's annoying questions. "But I don't know anymore."

"Then why did you do this after all?"

"On other cases, I quickly got bored with my partners. In this case, however, because I'm afraid of I'll be the one who actually fall in love too deep and get hurt in the end. I thought, I'll get out of the relationship before it turns serious. But look at me." he pointed at himself. "I'm not used to being the heartbroken one."

No one wants to be the heartbroken one, Taemin thought. At least now, he knew that but still, it hurt him so much.

He sounded selfish, he was selfish, he knew. He has never thought about Minho's feelings, just only about his own. Not even now. He was disgusted by himself. He had to change.

 "What did I think? I can't play with other people's feelings. I'm a horrible person, Key." Kibum didn't responded because as he watched his friend, he found out something.

He was a horrible person too.

 

Meanwhile, the other part of the city, Minho sat in his friend's house. He was acted all happy like the usual but Onew, like always, looked through him easily.

"I told you to avoid them." Onew said out of the blue, after he watched how hard it took to his friend to make that smile plastered on his face. Why did he even bothered with it? Not like he didn't see him hurt before.

"I know." he said with a sad, small smile.

"Also, I told you to not to take seriously your relationship." the brunette was always against those three. Those kids who knew them usually thought that Taemin was the leader out of the three- well, he had the biggest fame out of them due to his breaking ups- but Onew watched them closely after he got the news about Minho and Taemin being together. He found out that his bad behaviour was influenced by Key and Jonghyun very much since Taemin liked and looked up at them like some heroic big brothers.

Not that he wanted to protect the boy, he was an awful person.

"I know."

"Then why?" Onew didn't understand why someone wants to be in a relationship if it's doomed from the very beginning.

"Listen, it's not something I can control." finally Minho looked at his friend. "I love him without reasons. I even don't know why but I was happy to be in that relationship. I liked every minutes of it. But if he doesn't love me, I can't force him to be with me. So I told him to break up."

"Hey, it's a new info. I thought he broke up with you!" when Minho arrived to his house, he only said 'we broke up' and knowing Taemin's past attitude, he was sure it was the boy who said it aloud. It was a surprise for him.

"I said it because he had a hard time saying it out. I just helped him."

"He had a hard time?"

"Yes." Minho didn't understand why his friend asked back.

"That's new." Onew was honestly surprised. Lee Taemin has never had any problems with breaking up as he talked some of his ex- he is a great friend who spied on his friend's boyfriend just to make sure he won't be hurt- they said Taemin just threw them those words without showing any interest on the others' feelings, or even there were times when he just sent a text saying 'it's over'. And now, he had problems saying it aloud.

Minho sighed. He really didn't want to talk about Taemin, now, when he knew that he couldn't go over to him or take him out or even be next to him.

"Can we not talk about it now? It's too soon, it makes me miss him."

"You are hopeless."

 

 

 

 

an/it supposed to be a funny fic. what happened.