One

How To Be a Heartbreaker

Rule number one, is that you gotta have fun
But baby when you're done, you gotta be the first to run

 

"Hey, is this thing between you and that Choi guy is serious?" Jonghyun asked from his friend, thirsty for gossips and trouble like always. He didn't ask it because it was that interesting , but because it was certainly uncommon in Taemin to keep a boy toy more than a month. He was just curious for his friend's love life, nothing more.

"Of course not! He's just a fling until I find someone better." Taemin said with an annoyed voice as he took a sip from his coke. It was already pain to get up so early in the morning- because his parents didn't let him skip the first and maybe the second class at school- plus his best friends keep asking him about Minho. What the big deal with it? Yes, he is capable to maintain a relationship (-like thingy) for over a month; even if it wasn't what he was famous about.

Taemin started to feel scared- but never ever let it showing on his face, his cold facade stayed on- when both of his friends- Jonghyun and Key- eyed him with a mischievous grin plastered on their face. It will cause a problem, a big problem, he could already foreseen it.

"Really?" Kibum asked, watching carefully every of Taemin's  features to show out that he was lying.

"Really." he even nodded to support his statement.

No signal of him lying, so they could go on.

"So if we would ask you to bet with us, would you?" as Taemin already knew, both of them liked to play with words before they go and tell the main thing; in their face he significant smiles that made the black haired boy shiver.  

"It depends on, what kind of bet it is." he didn't like bet against Key and Jonghyun because he has to buy always something expensive to them if they win, and unlike them, Taemin wasn't from a rich family. It usually takes him so much time and effort to gather the money together. (Mostly with playing with people who would buy him everything if he didn't have that freaking sense of freedom and would be able to be in a serious relationship.)

"The bet would be about your sweet boyfriend." Taemin tensed up as he heard the sentence. It sickened him how his blond haired friend innocently said it.

"What's with him?"

"Do what you are the best in." Key held a dramatic break to increase the non-existing tension, then as like some weird twin souls they said in union. "Break his heart."

Taemin's eyes jumped between the them. There must be a trick or something. They couldn't just offer a bet that he could win easily, anytime. It just didn't make sense.

"What get the winner?"

"You get a new phone, since you broke yours not long ago, right?" Kibum said simply with a sweet smile. "For us, we just don't like Minho, he's too much a good boy for our taste."

"But, you have to make him fall in love with you first. Watching heartbreaks are fun when someone's heart really break." Jonghyun added. They sounded cruel but who cares? It won't hurt their friend and the Choi guy wasn't their problem.

"You guys are horrible." he sighed dramatically then put on his regular smirk. "But it sounds fun."

 

As he said that, with a perfect timing, Minho came to pick Taemin up to take him to dinner to a restaurant. The black haired boy felt a little pity that he will break a pure heart like his, also Minho was so nice and sweet with him all the time. But well, he didn't feel anything other than pity and a little of likeness toward the other, so it won't hurt him to break the other.

On the other hand, he knew that Minho liked him a little too much. He always bought him flowers- even after Taemin clearly tell him to not to because his friends all laughed on him, because it wasn't really fitted to his bad boyish appearance- and took him to expensive places without letting Taemin pay once. He did know about his life before- he was a trouble maker and a heartbreaker- but Taemin guessed that Minho was one from those thought that they could change his attitude and make him fall in love.

Well, he wasn't able to do it. Shame, really. Minho was such a good party.

 

"Are you cold?" Minho asked out of the blue as they slowly wandered on the streets after the dinner. It was mid autumn, he was worried about his boyfriend's well being; while Taemin didn't really liked this. He was not a flower, he could bear with the cold.

"I'm fine." he said a little too harshly that made the other stop the conversation. Taemin looked at the taller with a bit of guilty. He didn't mean it to be that harsh, though. How is he going to be able to make Minho fall in love with him more, if he continues with this behaviour, but also, he didn't know how to act other than himself. If he would turn from this state to an innocent, sweet boy it would surely catch Minho's attention. He sighed. He didn't wait this to be this hard.

Meanwhile, the taller watched Taemin with a secret smile. He knew what will be his destiny. To be like the other ones, who were in relationship with the younger. To have a broken heart. But he couldn't help about it.

Taemin was something he couldn't resist. He looked like a bad boy- and everyone thought about him like one- but Minho knew it better. He knew that the boy actually thought a lot- even if it weren't showing on his actions-; he was funny and sweet if he want. But for some unknown reasons, it was hard to him to open up. There was a lot of things that he loved about Taemin.

But sadly, he felt that Taemin didn't feel like him. So he enjoyed these moments until he could be with him.

Minho took off his jacket and laid on the shivering boy while smiling like an idiot.

"You are such a bad liar."

Minho waited for some clever comebacks from the other but they've never come. He was a bit curious why the younger just stared at him with pink tints on his cheeks.

While Taemin thought, he was in trouble with this bet.

 

 

"I don't think, I can do this to him. I mean, the bet." Taemin said with furrowed eyebrows. He wouldn't call off the bet- he needed a new phone-, if he wouldn't have a good reason for it.

"Why? You said Choi is just a fling." Kibum said as he took a bite from a doughnut as he lazily watched the youngest boy's face. Huh, it was entertaining enough even if the biggest part of the bet will be later. Who did think?

"You didn't see him yesterday night, with so much love in his eyes. I'm not a heartless monster, you know." it made him scared how Minho looked at him yesterday. (Also that, he felt happy because of it, but he kept ignoring this feeling.)

"But you don't love him, do you? Doesn't it make you feel caged?" Jonghyun just had to point out that thing what makes him break heart. He always hated when people make him feel caged in a relationship with their clinging. But in this case, Minho wasn't clingy, he always let him do whatever he wants.

"Surprisingly not."

"What if it's just a flare then after a few months it dies down and he is just going to break up with you? Would you like that?" Kibum wanted his show badly, they even bought the new phone for Taemin. And clearly, it broke something in the boy.

"Okay, okay. I'll do it."

 

 

 

AN/ looks quite rushed, huh? sorry