2nd Attempt

Rejection

Author's Note:

Hey! So, I'm back a week later! I think I'll update once a week, just to keep you guys hanging. Yeah, I'm mean for that.

Anyways, I hope you'll enjoy this chapter! As always, comments are LOVE ^^


~*~*~*~*~

Jihyun was on her way to her new school, the first day's events still quite sewn in her memories. She remembered N's distraught look when she told him she had rejected a boy and she sulked over the fact that she could have gotten her first date from that. She silently cursed for her part time job at the diner but she didn't had the heart to quit.

Leo would probably beg her to stay on.

Soon enough, she caught up to the gates of her school. She glanced up at the majestic hell and took a deep breath, steeling herself for what madness would come for today. Almost on cue, she was ambushed from behind, a large body crashing himself onto her weak frame. Jihyun nearly fell from the sudden weight but managed to hold her ground.

"What the-?"

"Morning Jihyun!" A loud childlike voice ringed into her ears and she immediately recognized the voice. A wide smile appeared on her face as she returned the back hug.

"Morning Hyukkie!" She piped as the tall male took to her side. "I thought you'll be going to school with your girlfriend."

"Who? Minah? Oh, she called in sick today. I'm going over to her house after school to take care of her. You wanna follow? I'm sure she'll love to have you around."

Jihyun recalled meeting the lad's girlfriend. Minah was delighted to have met Jihyun and was a very hyper girl. It surprised her that she could contain so much energy in her small body. Jihyun found her a delight to be around with.

"No thanks, Hyukkie," Jihyun said, "I rather not be a third wheel."

Sanghyuk shrugged and the pair entered the hallway of the school. They passed the students, mainly girls who were glaring at Jihyun's direction. A warning sense tingled in her spine as she hovered nearer to Sanghyuk's shoulder.

"What's up with them?" Jihyun whispered to Sanghyuk.

"Must be about yesterday. You know, when you rejected the Flower Boy of the school."

"Hey, I had a part-time job to go to. It's not my fault these girls are so easily jealous." Jihyun rolled her eyes. Sanghyuk chuckled at her action when suddenly, the pair was confronted by a group of three girls. It was the same girl who had given Hongbin the love letter and she bore a look of disdain on her face.

"You, what was your name again?" The girl pointed a dainty finger at Jihyun. Jihyun was flustered and looked at Sanghyuk in panic before turning back to answer her.

"I'm Ji-"

"Don't care. Just stay away from my oppa." She cut her off rudely, her two friends glaring at Jihyun's direction. Jihyun frowned at the statement, pissed off at how rude she was to her.

"Your oppa? I'm sorry but who are we talking about right now?" Jihyun asked earnestly at them, a look of confusion on her face.

"Hongbin oppa, of course!" The girl spat angrily at her. Realization soon dawned on her as Jihyun widened , sounding out an 'Ahh'.

"I see what this is about. Look, girls, relax. I have no intention of going out with Hongbin," Jihyun started before crossing her arms. "Rather than worrying about your precious oppa, shouldn't you be focusing more on other important things like studying?"

The girl narrowed her eyes at Jihyun. "Excuse me, but nothing is more important than our Hongbin oppa! We'll gladly do anything for him!" She confessed proudly, her two friends nodding in agreement like parrots.

Not able to stop herself, Jihyun let out a 'Pfft' in surprise. She couldn't believe what she had heard but quickly shut herself up when she saw the girl's glare. If looks could kill, Jihyun would be dead right then. Jihyun cleared before continuing.

"Oh, honey. If you're really that desperate for him, then by all means, go ahead and let yourself be a dumb bimbo for him." Jihyun pulled an annoyed look at them. "Just don't include me in it."

Jihyun catwalked off to her classroom after that, leaving the girls offended and Sanghyuk amazed. Suddenly scared that he would be the next target, Sanghyuk quickly caught up to her.

"Yah! Are you crazy?! You can't just say that to them. You don't know what they're capable of!" He cried to her.

Jihyun shrugged. "What? It's not like they'll kill me in my sleep." Jihyun's eyes widened when she thought of the worse. "You don't think they would, will they?!"

Sanghyuk merely shook his head, not answering her question before entering their classroom. Jihyun followed in suit and they sat together in their seats. Not long after they had settled down, a certain mohawk kid approached their table. Jihyun frowned to see Ravi at her table but it quickly made sense when Hongbin decided to grace her table with his presence. He seemed to be hiding something behind his back and he had a hopeful look.

"Hello Jihyun," Hongbin started shyly. Ravi provided romantic background music of him eating potato chips.

Jihyun was flustered again, a slight blush on her cheeks before she answered him. "Hi Hongbin. What's up?"

Hongbin gave her a smile. "Well, I would like to ask you if you are free today for that dinner date that you owe me. And just to show how much I would like you to accept my invitation," he pulled out a single stalk of rose to her. "I picked out a flower that reminded me of your beauty." He added a wink.

Cue Jihyun and Sanghyuk's shocked expression with jaw dropped, loud squeals from the ever so nosy fangirls and Ravi rolling his eyes.

Sanghyuk nudged Jihyun's side, reminding her that she needed to give him her answer. Jihyun shook her head to clear her thoughts and bit her lip in consideration. The straining eyes of the malicious harpies in their classroom drew a hole at the back of her head as she considered her answer.

"I-I'm sorry Hongbin, but I rather not. I have something going on today as well. I hope you will understand." Jihyun turned him down for the second time. She looked up to see his frowning face and smiled meekly. "But, if it makes you feel better, I accept your flower." She added earnestly, grabbing the flower from his hand.

Hongbin let his hand drop and he let out a shaky laugh. Unbeknownst to her, his fists were clenched and shaking in anger but he kept his cool. He pulled his faux smile again.

"Ah, that's sad. Well, next time I guess." Hongbin muttered before grabbing Ravi by the collar and stalking back to his seat. Sanghyuk swore he saw Hongbin's nostrils flare angrily. He turned back to his brave partner, who sniffed the flower and was ignorant to what she had done.

"I don't know who you are but it's quite obvious that you're from another planet." Sanghyuk held out both his fists in a handcuffed position to her, head hanging low. "Please have mercy on me, alien master!"

Jihyun chuckled at him before thumping his head with the flower. "What are you talking about Hyukkie?"

"I'm talking about what happened not 30 seconds ago." Sanghyuk cried. "Hongbin asked you out for a second time! Second! That's near impossible!"

Jihyun pouted. "So what? He has tons of girls after him, so I'm sure he can ask someone else." She resumed sniffing the flower.

Sanghyuk shook his head. "You don't understand, Jihyun-ah. Hongbin has never asked a girl out before. Usually, it would be the girl who would ask him, never the other way around."

The ignorant girl glanced up to her friend, an interested glint in her eyes. A suspicious frown graced her face before she resumed a smiling face. "Oh, really? Too bad for him then..." She trailed off.


~*~*~*~*~*~

Lessons were currently underway, the teacher boring half his class to death with his monotonous drawl of a voice. It didn't help much that he was half deaf and half blind, not noticing the nodding heads and drooling mouths of the sleep deprived.

Hongbin was seated, hands crossed tightly in front of him with a narrowed scowl directed to a certain girl who was dozing off with her tall friend. The ever hungry mohawk companion beside him secretly ate chip by chip from his secret stash.

"I freaking hate her. Who does she think she is? I swear." Hongbin muttered to himself, low enough not to be heard by others but loud enough for Ravi, who the  glanced up from trying to sneakily grab a potato chip under his table to look at his fuming best friend. Shrugging to himself, Ravi proceeded back to his secret eating.

"I mean, look at her!" Hongbin added, pointing his hand at the girl accusingly, "Trying to act all cute with Sanghyuk. She's just looking for attention, I tell you!"

Ravi entertained him by looking up to the accused girl. He pulled a smile at how cute he thought Jihyun looked, her dozing head swaying left and right before it thumped hard at Sanghyuk's head.

"I don't known, man. I think she's cute." Ravi muttered, before eating a single chip.

"No she's freaking not!" Hongbin hissed at his friend. He let out a frustrated sigh, "Ugh, I don't even know why I'm even trying so hard to get her on a date with me. It's obvious she's rejecting me to get attention."

Ravi raised his eyebrow at him questioningly.

"Rejecting me in front of everybody. Just wait for it Jihyun. I'll make you fall over heels for me till you regret ever rejecting me." Hongbin crossed his arms sulkily for massive effect.

Ravi stuffed his mouth with potato chips again.


~*~*~*~*~*~

The night crept in the ignorant prepubescent high school girl's home. Said girl is seated in front of her study table, attempting to complete her Trigonometry homework while her big brother provided moral support by playing ball on her bed.

"I don't know why I never played ball when I was young," Jaehwan muttered to himself, throwing the baseball to the ceiling and catching it with the baseball mitt in his other hand. "It's kinda fun."

He threw it a second time and it landed on his face before rolling off. He let out a soft yelp in pain before pouting. "I guess that's why."

Jihyun rolled her eyes at her brother before reverting her attention back at her homework. Jaehwan pouted some more when he realized his little sister was not paying attention to him.

"Guess who's being a nerd tonight. Youuu~" He chided playfully.

"Oh shut up, Jaehwan. Sorry for being a responsible student." Jaehwan stuck his tongue out at her and she returned it all the same.

Jaehwan chuckled. "You're impossible, kid. Oh, I heard that apparently, you rejected some kid from a date?"

Jihyun ears perked up. "Really? What else did the rumor said?"

Jaehwan sat up right quickly. "Well? Were you asked out?"

Jihyun merely shrugged at him, which resulted in the loony boy pulling a doubting look at his sister.

"Eyy, don't lie. No way you said yes, right?"

Jihyun gave him the 'What do you think' look and Jaehwan smiled widely at her.

"That's my little sister! Sorting out her priorities like a good girl!" Jaehwan laid back on the bed. "It's good you didn't though cuz I promised some of my friends to introduce you to them."

"Eww bro. You know I've met some of your friends and neither of them are anywhere near my type."

"Exactly!" Jaehwan eyes twinkled in excitement. "Can't wait to see their faces when you reject them. It'll be priceless!" Jaehwan cackled loudly before chocking on his own spit, followed by a series of loud wheezing and coughing. Jihyun giggled at her older brother's antics. No matter how many years passed, she will never get used to how much he made her laugh.

Jaehwan swallowed his saliva, clearing his throat. "The guy who asked you out, his name is Lee Hongbin, right?"

Jihyun looked over to him, questioning look in her eyes. "Yeah, why?"

"Just for arguments sake," Jaehwan cleared his throat. "You don't like him in that way, right?"

Jihyun smirked cheekily at her brother, glancing back at her homework without answering him.

This made him fear the worst.

"YAH! DON'T TELL ME YOU LIKE THAT GUY! I WON'T EVER HAND YOU OVER SO EASILY, YOU HEAR ME!?"


Hoped you liked it! See you guys next week!

Comment down in the section below!

Subscribe to be informed when I post a new chapter!

And I'll see you in the next chapter!

Adios Amigos!