Six

I'm Not the Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 6

 

Two hours later, I’m still planning my life ahead of me when Siwon knocks the door before his head peeks inside. His smile blooms when he sees me awake. I sit up in the bed as he steps inside with a tray on his hands.

“What’s that?”

“Chocolate truffle cake. I figured you must be hungry.”

My heart warms at his thoughtfulness. “You clearly know how to make women melt for you.”

“Do you?”

It’s always safe to flirt with Siwon. He’s more like a brother to me than a man. “Does father know?”

He looks at me meaningfully. “I sneak it up for you.”

And just like that I grin widely. This man is my guardian angel. “Thanks for standing up for me earlier.”

Siwon sits down on the bed beside me. He’s still in his suit and I wonder if he really is sleeping in it so that he’s be ready 24/7 when my father needs him. He set the tray carefully in my lap. The chocolate looks really inviting. I can’t help myself to poke it with my finger before it off. Man, Siwon knows how to lift my mood.

“He’s a bastard.”

Whoa!

I stare at the man beside me incredulously. I mean I know he doesn’t like Yunho very much. They constantly keep distance when they have to be in the same room. But I never heard before Siwon called him names with so much hatred in his voice.

He steals a glance at me. “I won’t be sorry for calling him that.”

“I didn’t expect you to.”

“Good.” Then he stares ahead as we sit side by side on my bed. He carefully set his shoed feet in the bed so that they won’t dirty my comforter.

I continue to stare at my cake as the silence falls. Honestly, I’m really curious that I finally can’t hold myself. “Will you tell me why you don’t like Yunho?”

“I just don’t like him.”

“Tell me about it.” I urge him.

“He’s a bastard.”

“Yeah. I know that silly.” I poke him in the ribs with my elbow. I sigh as I take the fork. “He’s actually not that bad, you know.”

I never want people to hate Yunho regardless of what he’s been doing behind my back. Yes, he’s not a horrible person. He’s just unfaithful. Not that he ever made promise to love me for the rest of his life anyway. It’s all so ed up I can’t even tell what’s wrong and what’s right anymore.

It also goes to I keep the secret to myself. I mean what kind of wife who wants the world knows that her husband has been unfaithful? It’s certainly not me. Besides, it would kill my father out o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter