at which she gives a reply

I dont care 'bout nothing so what?

Beep, beep, beep, beep

I glanced at my phone and was shocked to see 9.45 AM was displayed on my phone screen

"Oh ! why didn't anyone wake me?" I awoke promptly from the bed and hurrying towards the bathroom. After 5 minutes in the shower, that was the shortest shower I've ever had by the way, I managed to put on my practice cloth and sprayed on some cologne before realising that the dorm was empty. "Wait, everyone has left me!" I said half yelling. How dare they left me alone in the apartment? They should have woken me up before they left. These boys, I would deal with them later at the studio.

My footsteps got heavier as I was reaching the YG trainee-building, and abruptly stopped my track when I had arrived at the building's main entrance. I tried to shrug off the feeling inside of me and with a deep breath, I pushed open the door and headed towards the practice room.

I knocked on the door of our practice room before entering. I tried my hardest to put on my best smile, best fake smile you could say, but it didn't last long as I saw Hongseok hyung and Hayi who were sitting, talking and laughing together. Wait, was I missing something?

Wait or did I forget to tell you guys something? My mind wandered to the incident that took place yesterday

* * * * *

"Hayi, will you go out on a date with me?" I stared into her beautiful dreamy eyes hoping that she will give the answer I wanted to hear

She looked startled and froze but shortly after that her face turned into straight smile. It didn't seemed like she hated it, nor did it seemed like she liked it. It was rather blank, her face I mean. A blank face that was impossible to read.

She turned around immediately after that. Just like that. Without saying a word, she left the room. She left me. I couldn't utter a single word. Nor could I move so I just stood for a brief moment at the same spot. 'Am I a fool for love?' I thought. 

I headed towards the door only to find Donghyuk and Hongseok hyung looking at me pitifully. "Yah what happen? Did you miss the bus or something?" I tried to joke around hiding my real feeling. 

"Hyung....." Donghyuk approached me but I cut him off not letting him finish his sentence "I'm okay guys. I will go now," I said lying to them, and to myself.

I went outside but decided not to go home yet. Instead, I took a stroll around the park. The one Hayi and I used to jog together. I sat on the bench recalling back what happened in the practice room few hours ago?

'Was that a rejection?' I thought. A sudden surge of emotion I was feeling made it a lot harder.   Why wouldn't she say anything and left the room just like she did? I covered my face trying to compose myself. 'Ya Kim Hanbin what is wrong with you? What make you think that she was feeling the same way you did?'  I thought.

I didn't realise how long I've spent sitting alone in the park. Looking up the sky it was already dark plus, there wasn't any transportation on the road. There was neither buses nor taxis I could use to take me home. With heavy steps, I walked in the cold night feeling alone and vulnerable. Huh, what a joke. I was such a joke for letting this kind of thing affecting me. Hayi ah, how could you?

* * * * *

"Yah hyung, took you long enough to arrive? Come join us, I've brought some bread" Donghyuk tapped me at on the shoulder stopping me from thinking about yesterday. I looked ahead to see Hongseok hyung and Hayi were both staring at me. She immediately turned away looking at Hongseok instead. I could feel my heart aching. I had to divert my attention away from all this. 

"Are you guys done? Lets start the practise. We haven't got the whole day" I my leader-mode. I may had sounded harsh but I got to do something to ease the pain. Sigh

The practice went well. Everyone did their part really well. Was it just me or does everyone else seemed to happy somehow? Or was it just me feeling down? 'Urgh just shrug it off Hanbin, just let it go,' I said in my head trying to make myself better.

 

It was the end of practice and everyone was packing their stuff  getting ready to head home. Hayi was at the corner trying to reach something on the top shelf but to her dismay she couldn't reach the top of the shelf due to her 'cute' height. Sigh, how could I not fall in love with her?

"Hyung, we are going first," Donghyuk said heading towards the door with Hongseok hyung.

"Ne~ I will see you guys at the dorm," I replied not looking at them but walking towards Hayi. I went behind her and used my hand to reach for something on the top shelf. While I was moving my hand right to left searching for her stuff, I could feel her body warmth. 'Aish, focus Hanbin focus' I said in my mind trying to quicken my search as I could feel her being frozen in her spot. She was so cute.

 

"Here you go," I said handing her stuff to her. I looked at it, it was a black mickey hat. "Mickey Mouse eh?" I said smiling at her blushing face

"Kamsahamnida Hanbin ah," she took the hat and moved away. She bent and took her bag on the floor and headed towards the door.

"Hayi, wait..." I could hear myself spoke. 'Urgh why couldn't I think before I speak?' 

She turned around, but she wasn't looking at me. She was staring at the floor. So I continued,

"Why didn't you answer my question yesterday?"

 

Silence. I looked down watching her as she was gripping on her mickey hat more tightly. 

 

"So I guess you don't like me then," I said smiling, but no one knew how much it pained me to say that

"I didn't say that..." Hayi finally spoken, half whispering. Wait what? I didn't hear what she said perfectly and just continued staring.

She lifted her face looking back at me and repeated "I didn't say that I don't like you"

My eyes were wide open and a smile crept on my face slowly, no scratched that, I was probably smiling like an idiot in front the girl who had succeeded in stealing my heart.

"So, do you like me then?" I asked trying to get her confirmation

She blushed, really hard. But she didn't answer nor was she smiling. This girl, only she could make me feel miserable and thrilled at the same time. Only her. 

Seeing that there was no response from her, I braved myself to ask her the same question I did yesterday

"Hayi, will you go out on a date with me?" I asked, please say yes, only this time.

 

Silence.

 

Her blank stare turned into a smile. I could feel my heart pounding so hard. That smile, please smile more in front of me

 

"Yes...." she said. A smile on my face has now turned into a grin. 'control yourself, Hanbin' I reminded myself

she then continued, "....only if we win this collaboration match" 

 

 

ps: How do you like the story so far? Im so sorry for the late update, I will try my hardest to finish the story asap! So what did you guys think of Mix and Match episode 8? I am secretly hoping that 'Long Time No See' song was directed to Lee Hi ^^ And omo who could be having their comeback on 11.11.2014? I am anticipating. Are you?

 

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter. upvotes if you do and don't forget to subscribe!