Chapter 1 : Sacrifices

A Fairytale Kiss [ Short Story ]

 

Sorry for any grammar mistake,my English is not that good but I tried my best..>_< some paragraphs or words that are written in italic may be flashbacks or monologue...enough for now,,enjoy~~^^

 

**************

“Hae! I’m back!” Hyukjae shouted as he walked into the hospital’s room. The nurse who was walking pass by the room that moment gave a sharp glare at him. He muttered a soft sorry and the nurse looked at him for the last time before walked away. He understood what she meant well actually; he’s in a hospital and he was making noises. It’s not that he’s that stupid not to follow the rules, but he did it because he wanted to see that person smile and laugh, although if it means he had to do silly things.

 

Well, love can turns one into a fool, right?

 

His attempt was a success as he heard the person’s beautiful voice, chuckling at him. He walked to that person and sat on a chair, while the other one was sitting on the bed. “Pabo Hyukkie. How can you scream like that in a hospital? Hospitals have rules, don’t you know?”

“Sorry, I forgot,” Hyukjae replied while grinning and Donghae chuckled at his adorableness. “You’re lucky that I love you, or else I would have knocked your head right now,” Donghae said, pouting as he did so.

“I am lucky, Hae. So, so lucky,”

 

He’s lucky alright, to have that man by his side all the time. Although that wouldn’t be the case right now, but he’s still thankful that he met him, be his friend and love him. Their love was more than brothers and friends, or perhaps, more than other couples experience.

 

“Did you buy the chocolate?” Donghae asked, peeking at the plastic bag which Hyukjae was holding. “Yes. But you can’t eat it right now. Eat something heavy first, then I’ll give it to you.”

 

“I don’t want to eat,” he rolled his eyes. Hyukjae frowned as he looked at Donghae. It wasn’t their first time, talking about this. In fact, they came across the same topic numerous times before, and yet, Donghae was still with his stubbornness; always refused to eat until he’s forced by Hyukjae.

“If you don’t want to eat then how are you going to get well?” Hyukjae asked, as he reached for Donghae’s hand and squeezed it softly.

 

Donghae kept his head down and smiled to himself. Nothing will change no matter how much he eats; the fate will never change. “It’s not like my condition will get any better when I eat,” Donghae mumbled, his voice was no more than a whisper but it was caught by Hyukjae’s ears, resulting to a pain and guilt on his handsome face.

 

He acted like didn’t hear a thing, acted like he didn’t want to cry. He wanted to burst out, honestly but he only allowed his heart to handle all the pain he was feeling. He took a breath before tugging Donghae’s arm and put on the mask he had been wearing all the time; a mask to cover his aching heart.

 

“I’ll feed you,” Hyukjae flaunted his gummy smile to the guy, knowing that he loves it so much. At least, it will make the younger one forget the pain for awhile.

Donghae beamed, hearing Hyukjae’s words. He pinched Hyukjae’s cheek sweetly, “Very well then. You sure know how to make me happy.” Hyukjae nodded. How he wish he could make the younger one to feel happy forever. He wanted to, with all his heart, but he’s afraid that his wish won’t come true.

****

 

Ever since Donghae was in the hospital, Hyukjae would always bring food and spend the night with him. Donghae always offered Hyukjae to sleep with him on the bed, but Hyukjae kept on refusing. It was hurtful for Donghae to wake up everyday and see his lover, curling on the sofa, shivering with an undeniable tired face while he got to sleep comfortably on the bed.

He kept his gaze on Hyukjae, observing him. He looked so worn out, his face was pale and yet, Donghae found him, still handsome and attractive. The older guy had done so much for him, from protecting him, loving him and even taking care of him, up too this point.

Hyukjae stirred a bit in his sleep and opened his eyes slowly. When he noticed that Donghae was already awake, he got up and yawned before dragging himself to sit on the chair beside his bed, still with half-closed eyes.

“Morning, Hae,” he smiled but Donghae kept his mouth shut. He stared at the older guy while biting his lip. Hyukjae, who noticed the sudden silence felt guilty, thinking that he had done wrong. “What?”

 

Is Hyukjae trying to kill him with that smile, as if telling him that he’s okay?

For how long is Hyukjae going to show only the calm face of his to him, while crying silently behind his back?

 

Donghae looked at him with concern, “You cried again last night, don’t you?”

Hyukjae wasn’t shocked with Donghae’s statement; Donghae knew him too well. Sometimes, he even thought that Donghae knew him more than he knew himself.

 

Hyukjae ignored Donghae’s question though, acting like he didn’t hear a single thing. Taking a deep breath and putting on a smile, Hyukjae stood up and held Donghae’s hand firmly, “I’m going to the convenient store for a while. Do you want anything?”

Donghae let out a soft sigh, as he knew that Hyukjae did that purposely, only to stop the conversation. Come to think about it, he used to be the stubborn one and not Hyukjae. Hyukjae had changed a lot and yet, he knew that he changed for his sake. Remembering how they had a huge fight because of the same matter, Donghae felt that it’s better for Hyukjae to lead his choice. No matter how many times Donghae tried to sort things out, he still considered about Hyukjae’s opinion.

 

If Hyukjae doesn’t want to talk about it, then it’s fine. At least, he’s still there for him.

 

“Just a strawberry milk, please,” Donghae grinned and Hyukjae nodded before heading out from the room. When he closed the door behind him, he couldn’t do anything except for letting a huge, heavy sigh. He hates it when he had to ignore Donghae but it’s the only way to not thinking about things that he didn’t even want to face.

******

 

“You’re going to be back late tonight too?” Donghae questioned as he looked at Hyukjae while munching his food. Hyukjae gave a simple shrug and Donghae knew it was a yes. Hyukjae fed Donghae with a spoonful of rice. Although Donghae was losing his appetite, he felt guilty with Hyukjae’s sacrifices for him and ended up finishing all the meals.

“Take some rest, you don’t have to work until late at night,” Donghae muttered and Hyukjae shook his head. “I can’t. You know my family is facing financial difficulty these days, don’t you?”

 

Hyukjae came from a wealthy family and he used to get what he wants; money, girls, games but he lacked one thing that’s important. One thing that he didn’t expect would turn his life upside down; love. He never knew what love means and how does it feels. Based on what other people said, love is the feeling that can makes your heart and body tremble, your lips curves into a smile without you realizing it, and somehow, drives you insane.

 

He never believed because he thought that nothing in the world can cause that huge impact on someone. Not until he met Donghae.

 

 

so, how was it?? i hope it's a good start~~keke..I'll try to update the next chapter A.S.A.P, so please support me~~XDXD..

thanks,readers and subscribers..

love,key~~^^