You're Funny and I Like It (SeoRi)

Soshi One Shots

You're Funny and I Like It (SeoRi)

This is inspired by Seohyun's post with hashtags. She thinks of Yuri as #funny. 
https://instagram.com/p/BjE38XTlTK9/


Taeyeon as the oldest, is mandatorily appointed as the leader by their company, yet behind the scenes, Sooyoung is like the unofficial leader of SNSD. She always initiates get togethers in their group chat. Everyone seems busy these days yet she managed to see Seohyun at the MBC studio, after shooting her drama. 

Sooyoung runs to Seohyun and hugs her. "Maknae, I missed you so much!"

"You too, Unnie. I was about to reply to the group chat before I saw you!"

"Are you busy? Ah... you're always busy! But do you have time?"

"Now? Yeah, I have some time until midnight!"

Sooyoung scratches her head. 

"Why Unnie?" Seohyun asks.

"Did you bring your car?" Sooyoung asks.

"Yeah, of course. I use my own car now since I left SM." Seohyun laughs.

"Can we just use that?" 

"Yeah, sure Unnie. I'll go get my car and I'll pick you up, alright?"

As Seohyun leaves. Sooyoung thought of a plan. She calls Kwon Yuri. She knows that she has the biggest crush on Seohyun. Sooyoung being observant, managed to confirm what she noticed by forcing Yuri to admit everything.

"Yah! Kwon Yuri! Why aren't you replying to my group chat?"

"Oh... you messaged? I'm so sorry~ I was with Jaewon Unnie..."

"How many gatherings do you attend every week? Are those Unnies of yours more important than me, your College friend and your members who you've worked with for 10 years excluding trainee-"

"Hey! Chill. You can't expect me to check the group chat-"

"I'm with Seohyun." Sooyoung stops Yuri.

"Seo... hyun... huh? Why?" 

"I saw her at the broadcast station and she's free."

"So? Should I know that?" Yuri asked.

"Don't play dumb with me Yul." Sooyoung said.

"Aish! Why do you have to interfere with everything?" 

"Okay fine. I won't." Sooyoung hangs up.

"Aish!" Yuri stomps her feet.

Seohyun's car arrives and Sooyoung hops in.

"Did anyone else's reply to the chat?"

Sooyoung checks her phone. "None. If only Tiffany's in Seoul..." 

"Hmm... Taeyeon Unnie might be busy in her room playing on her own. Hyo Unnie might be sleeping since she's awake since 3am. Yoona Unnie is in Jeju. Sunny Unnie is in LA for a shoot. How about Yuri Unnie? Isn't she done filming her drama?" Seohyun asks yet she didn't get a response. 

Seohyun dials Yuri's number on her phone on the car holder. 

"Seohyun-nah?"

"Unnie, its me!"

"Hmm..." Yuri hums in a sweet tone that only Sooyoung could roll her eyes with.

"Are you free? I'm with Sooyoung Unnie! Let's play!" 

"You... want... t-to p-play?" Yuri stammers.

"Yeah! Uh... just some road trip and coffee, like the usual." 

"Okay, Seohyun-ah... pick me up at my apartment."

"Okay. See you, Yul!"

"Hmmm..."

Seohyun hangs up.

"Yul?" Sooyoung said.

"Ah... You know when we went abroad for Pantene events. I asked her if I can stop calling her Unnie and luckily she agreed." 

"Oh! How was Yuri with you? You know she's much more comfortable with us, since were around the same age."

Seohyun laughs. "She's so awkward! She couldn't stare at me when talking. She keeps avoiding my eyes. But when I'm not looking, she manages to hold my hand, or sniff my hair... or stuff like that. She's so weird!" Seohyun laughs again and Sooyoung laughs along.

As they approach the Yuri's apartment. They spot a girl wearing a black hoodie and a mask.

"That must be her." Seohyun says. 

Seohyun opens the window. Yuri notices as she removes her masks and rides the car at the back. 

Yuri stares at Sooyoung and Sooyoung have her a y look. 

"Tsk." Yuri replied.

"Were you just at home, Yul?" Seohyun glances from her rear-view mirror.

"Hmm..." Yuri replies.

Yuri was never shy like this with all of them except Seohyun. Sooyoung laughs yet she controls it and covers producing a weird screechy noise.

Seohyun asks, "Are you okay, Unnie?"

"Yeah... ugh I think I was about to puke." Sooyoung said.

"Have you done it with Kyung Ho oppa?" Yuri asks.

Sooyoung made a punching gesture. "I know where you're going. I'm not pregnant, Kwon Yuri."

"Seohyun-nah, where are we going?" 

"Where do you want to go, Yul?"

Anywhere, as long as I'm with you, Yuri thought. She slaps her head for thinking of that reply. 

"What was that?" Seohyun laughs as she notices Yuri.

"Nothing."

"There's a new cafe nearby, wanna try that?" Seohyun glances at the back. 

"Hmmm..."

They eat lunch and chat about the dramas they worked on, and recall the times they were touring as a group.

Yuri observes that Sooyoung is eating with her hand on the end of the chopsticks.

"Yah! I told you that's annoying!"

"So what? It's. It like I have to adjust myself to you."

"Yah, Unnies, please stop fighting." Seohyun says.

"Oh!" Sooyoung said.

"Why?" Yuri said with full. 

Seohyun laughs at that.

"Well, the rest replied and they said they're free tonight. Tiffany just arrived and she volunteers her place and were having an American movie marathon."

"Ame-ri-cuhn?" Yuri asks.

"Duh! Why? There are more British gay films than American ones?" Sooyoung raised her eyebrow.

"Yeah, but the British ones are sad." Yuri pouts.

Yuri glances at Seohyun and she is laughing.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Your expressions are always funny, Yul."

"Seohyun's been laughing at you since earlier." Sooyoung says.

"Why? Do I have to adjust my expressions for you?" Yuri asks.

Sooyoung retorts, "No, but for Seohyun you will." 

Yuri controls her anger with Sooyoung's teasing.

"Am I missing something Unnies? Is there something you're not telling me?"

Yuri looks at Sooyoung, begging her not to say anything. Even though Sooyoung loves to tease Yuri and just wants to help her with Seohyun. She still cares for Yuri that she doesn't want to embarrass her as much.  

"Yeah. Yuri's been working on controlling her expressions because as what we've discussed as a group, it ruins SNSD's girly image. Yet Yuri hasn't changed." Sooyoung said.

Seohyun reaches for Yuri's hand. "Yul, you don't need to change that. It's who you are. It may seem bizarre but it's really funny and cute." Seohyun brushes Yuri's hand in a comforting way.

Yuri stares at their hand, wide-eyed. Seohyun notices it. She removes her hand and laughs again at Yuri's expression. 

Sooyoung notices that too yet she doesn't want to friend now that she observes that Seohyun is kind of interested in Yuri too. 

They just continue eating and chatting, not noticing that it's almost sunset.

Seohyun drives Yuri and Sooyoung to Tiffany's place to gather with the rest of the members. During the drive Seohyun turns on the stereo. Later, it turns into a lip sync battle between Yuri and Sooyoung. Sooyoung covers her ears like a diva while Yuri hits the car ceiling violently.

Seohyun is entertained during traffic light stops. Sooyoung Unnie, is a good actress even in lip syncing and Yuri is so adorably funny. Seohyun thought.

As they enter Tiffany's unit, the rest of the girls are already having a Karaoke session. Yoona and Hyoyeon are performing a Baby VOX song. Sooyoung and Yuri runs to them and dance crazily with them.

Seohyun sits and laughs at her dorky Unnies. She finds them to funny, yet she finds her eyes being drawn to Yuri. Her tan skin, her cute smile and funny expressions make Seohyun feel butterflies in her stomach.

It was Taeyeon's turn and she belts out a ballad. Hyoyeon on the side growls a sleeping noise, impatiently waiting for Taeyeon's song to be over. 

They eat dinner during the Karaoke time, taking turns singing or eating. 

Seohyun finally had her turn singing. She glances at Yuri from time to time. She catches Yuri looking at her too, yet Yuri immediately diverts her gaze when Seohyun stares back. Sometimes, Yuri pretends to scratch her head, wipe her foot on the floor or get some more food.

Sooyoung silently observes the two and makes it a form of entertainment. She can't control her  feelings of excitement and shares it to Yoona who seems oblivious and busy with the variety of pizza flavors.

"Let's have a movie marathon!" Tiffany excitedly exclaims as she flashes her eye smile.

All the girls hurried at the sofa, the others on the carpet. 

"Aish!" Yuri mumbled to herself. She hurried to the kitchen and cleans up the dishes.

A few minutes later, she hears footsteps approaching. 

"I'll help you, Unnie~"

Yuri turns around and it's Seohyun. 

Seohyun throws away the left overs as she compiles the dishes beside Yuri. As Yuri is done washing some, she returns the plates to the cabinet. 

Yuri is almost done and Seohyun fixes some of Yuri's lose strands of hair. 

"How are you, Unnie?" Seohyun asks.

"Huh?" Yuri asks lost in her own thoughts.

Seohyun laughs. She finds Yuri's panicked expression funny.

"I'm... shooting a drama and a variety show."

"I know." Seohyun smiles. "I asked how are you, not what are you doing."

"Oh... I'm okay?" Yuri looks at the ceiling to find the right answer.

"Why do you have to think so hard?" Seohyun giggles finding Yuri too adorable.

"Let's go watch with the girls." Yuri says as she avoids facing Seohyun.

Yuri was about to leave but Seohyun pulls her arms.

"Are you avoiding me? Why are you avoiding me?" 

"I'm not." Yuri says as she faces the side.

Seohyun exhales loudly as she touches and turns Yuri's jaw to face her.

"I miss you~" Seohyun said with so much sweetness in her voice.

Yuri was unable to reply but she looks at Seohyun's eyes, as if searching an answer from them.

"What are you two doing?" Hyoyeon suddenly popped out of somewhere.

Yuri was shocked as if she saw a ghost. 

Seohyun laughs and answers. "We finished washing the dishes and no one noticed Yuri Unnie so I helped her."

"Awww~ That's sweet." Hyoyeon teases as she grabs a bottle of juice from the ref.

"The movie's really nice. You guys should get back after you're done whatever you were doing earlier." 

Yuri stares at Hyoyeon then to Seohyun. She swallows, not sure of what to do next. 

Yuri checks the plates in the dish dryer and returns the rest to the cabinet. 

"Yah! Let's go back, it's not like you own this house." Seohyun says.

"Oh! Yeah! You're right." 

Seohyun grabs Yuri's hand and they sit side by side at the sofa.

Yuri stares at their hands and Seohyun is unmindful of it.

As Yuri munches on some chips, Seohyun leans her head on Yuri's shoulder. 

Yuri's definitely enjoys this but she slowly moves away, uneasy with how Seohyun is so close. 

Yuri glances and she can see Seohyun's disappointment in her expression. She continues eating her chips.

Seohyun moves closer to her again and opens asking Yuri to feed her. 

Yuri giggles and shoves some chips to Seohyun. Seohyun uses this chance to get closer to Yuri. She eventually hugs her.

Yuri doesn't mind. It feels as if she's secure with Seohyun's embrace.

They stay like that until the movie finishes. Tiffany opens the lights and Yuri gets to the end of the sofa, and sits as far as she could from Seohyun.

The rest of the girls slowly prepare to go home.

Since Yuri rode with Seohyun earlier, she has no choice but be with her. Good thing Sooyoung was with her because she feels awkward with Seohyun alone.

"Sooyoung, lets go!" Yuri said. 

"Nah, I'm sleeping over here tonight!" Sooyoung replies while still lying on a sofa.

"Bye Unnies, it was fun!" Seohyun said. 

Seohyun grabs Yuri's arms and skips outside. 

As they walk to the parking lot, Yuri observes that Seohyun is still wearing a smile on her face. She's never seen Seohyun. With a resting face like that. She's always been almost too serious most of the time.

Yuri wants to ask yet she doesn't have the courage to say it out loud. She just enjoys the quiet time she has with Seohyun now clinging to her arm.

They reach where Seohyun's car is parked. Seohyun drives Yuri back to her house. 


Yuri was about to leave when Seohyun called her out. 

"Yuri..." 

"Hmm..?"

"You really make me laugh a lot..." 

Yuri laughed sarcastically. "Is that an honor or an insult?"

"Neither. I don't know. I've thought about this a lot of times. For years, even. You're the only person who make me laugh like this."

"I get it." Yuri nods. "Yoona's pretty. Taeyeon's a role model to you. Hyoyeon's an awesome Unnie. Sooyoung gives you acting tips. Tiffany teaches you English. Sunny gives you courage.
The rest are all amazing... yet, I couldn't... I have nothing to share to you."

"No Yuri..." Seohyun interrupts.

"I'm just a mere funny person to you." Yuri sulks and bows her head.

"No, Yuri. Listen." Seohyun holds Yuri's cheek to force Yuri to face her.

Yuri was surprised to see seriousness in Seohyun's eyes.

"My point is..." Seohyun exhales as she continues. "I thought you just make me laugh. But actually, the others don't even laugh at you. You're not really funny, I guess. You're just odd and weird. You're different."

"Huh? What are you trying to say?"

"I've thought about this a lot and examined my feelings."

Yuri frowned trying to decipher what Seohyun is trying to say.

Seohyun continues, "I... I have romantic feelings for you, Yuri."

Yuri raises her hands to her head, processing everything Seohyun said.

"I... don't know what to do, Yul. I tried to hold it but I can't. I really do love you. We're not as active as a group anymore. But, my love for you just went stronger. I... I miss you. I always want to be with you."

Yuri leans and hugs Seohyun. 

Yuri stares at Seohyun, happy that Seohyun loves her to. I love you, she wants to say. Yet Yuri seems to be so tongue tied around Seohyun. 

"Do... you want to date me?" Yuri asked.

"Yeah, silly." Seohyun lightly hits Yuri.

"Okay." Yuri said and nods.

Seohyun finds it strange yet cute that Yuri is shy around her. She kisses Yuri on the cheek, not once but twice. She was about to kiss Yuri again but suddenly Yuri turns her head and their lips slightly met somehow. Before Yuri could move again, Seohyun manages to give Yuri a peck on the lips. 

Yuri's eyes widen as she touches her lips and face palms.

Seohyun reclines on her seat and laughs.