[ 1 ] blankets and winter nights

taro milk tea

[ 12 ] (<-- their age will be at the top of each chapter c:)

 

    harsh wind blows and flakes of white follow. the heater is broken, only one blanket covers the two.

 

    "boys, i told you to sleep soon you have school tomorrow," their mom says. sehun and luhan nod their heads repeatedly and she leaves with a muttered 'these damned kids' and rolled eyes. "lu lets just sleep after a few more episodes okay?" sehun says. "yeah!" luhan grins.

    two episodes later, luhan finds sehun hogging the blanket to himself so he tries to take it back.

 

    "give me the blanket, you're taking the whole thing!" luhan whines as he tugs onto the blanket. "no," sehun says, turning away from luhan. "at least share," luhan pleads. "no," sehun deadpans. "f-fine!" luhan says, he'll get it somehow, he thinks.

 

    he waits for sehun to let his guard down so he can snatch his prey. "i got i-" as he reaches for the blanket sehun tightens his grip, resulting in luhan to fall face flat. "ow.." luhan rubs his head, "um.. sehun what's that over there!" luhan points at the ceiling. "i know there's nothing there, hyung you must be seeing things, should i bring you to see a doctor?" sehun says playfully. "n-no really!" luhan says. sehun declares that he is not giving him the blanket and luhan scoffs, depressed. after many desperate attempts he gives up and lies his head back against the wall and shuts his eyes tight.

 

    "it's cold, i'm gonna go out for awhile," luhan murmurs as he staggers towards the door. "then is this better?" sehun's arms encircle luhan's waist from behind, placing the blanket over him at the same time. "wh-" luhan breathes. unknowingly, heat rises to his cheeks and he lightly pushes sehun away. sehun grabs luhan's hand and pulls him down right beside him, draping the blanket over luhan and himself. "stay here pleaseee," he says and luhan acquiesces with a slight nod.

 

    "boys are you still awake?" their mom hollers, they hear her footsteps so they quickly switch off the tv and pretend to sleep. the door opens and she finds the two boys lying side by side, "awww so cute," she cooes, "i should take a picture.." she happily takes out her phone and quickly snaps a picture. sehun wants to get up and throw her phone away but he knows he can't (:'c). when she leaves they get up and turn the tv back on. "wait turn down the volume," luhan whispers and sehun does as told.

 

    soon, the number of yawns slowly increase and they find themselves asleep.