[ 0 ] start

taro milk tea
    upsized taro milk tea with pearls. upsized taro milk tea with pearls, luhan repeats inwardly. "c-can i get an upsized taro milk tea.." he says to the woman before him, "ah with pearls!" luhan blurts. the woman nods with a charismatic smile before turning around to prepare his drink. "taarooo tarooooo bubble teaaa.." luhan hums quietly as he waits for his drink.
    "here," the woman says, exchanging luhan's drink for a note and a few coins. he finds a seat in the corner of the store he feels is safe, he sits there and waits for his loving mother who told him to get himself a cup of bubble tea as she left slightly teary eyed to the toilet, he thinks. "can i sit here?" luhan looks up and sees a boy holding an upsized cup of what he thinks is chocolate, they could be potential bubble tea friends. luhan nods. 
 
    "thanks," the boy says, "i'm sehun, by the way."
 
    "so your name is luhan? you're not korean?" sehun asks as he tries to reach the ground with his legs. "n-no. i'm from beijing." luhan states. "that's cool," sehun says, "who are you waiting for?" luhan hesitates because the thought of sehun possibly being a serial killer disguised as a young boy trying to get his information scared him a little. "my mom," luhan says anyway, "y-you?" luhan attempts to continue the conversation. "oh i'm waiting for my mom too," sehun says, "well she's not really my mom but yeah.." he adds. "not.. your mom?" luhan tilts his head. "yeah," sehun laughs.
 
    funny jokes and awkward pauses, three hours pass by. "your mom's not here yet?" sehun asks. "i don't know.. i thought she was going to the toilet but she's not back yet," luhan mutturs. "that's weird," sehun says.
 
    "hun? are you here?" a pretty woman calls, sehun looks at her and waves his hand. "omma i'm here!!" he says. the woman comes to the table, "omma this is luhan!" sehun introduces. luhan gets up and bows politely. "omo don't need to be so formal!" she laughs and waves her hand. "omma his mom hasn't come back yet, can i wait with him?" sehun asks abruptly. "of course," she smiles. luhan thinks she is a very nice woman. "thank you," luhan bows.
 
    they wait, it's a little past 10 and luhan's mother has not appeared yet. "is she not coming back?" luhan says, a hot tear slips down his cheek. "did she say anything when she left?" sehun's mother asks. "n-no.. she was," luhan sniffles, "crying," he says. suddenly, luhan is wrapped in a warm embrace, small hands tug the back of his shirt and fresh tears wet his shoulder. "s-sehun.." he croaks. sehun cries messily into the crook of luhan's neck. sehun's mother tells him calmly what she believes has happened and now luhan is the one crying badly.
 
    luhan looks around, it's a nice place, he likes it. he follows sehun to his room and changes into one of sehun's clean shirts.
 
    "it's not much but, welcome to our home, luhan."