Chapter 1

Heart rate

Wello! (My newly invented word for 'well + Hello' brilliant, right?)

The name's Yoo Youngjae, The boy who's currently cursing at everything in sight..

allow me to explain myself.

It all started Yesterday afternoon..

-(flashback)----

"Okay, Youngjae.. look's like you're in good condition.."

The doctor said as he looked at my data files .. well it's not exactly that I was listening, but-Ehh..

"So Youngjae.. You seem well and you're all set to go..but it comes with a catch.."

"catch? what catch?"

"Well..seeing you really want to get out of this Hospital even though we aren't even done 'observing ' you.. I decided that you're free to go..in one condition.. You have to wear this .." 

The doctor pulled out a thing that looked like a wrist watch? what the- why would I need a wrist watch?

"and what exactly is that, Dr. Byun?"

"Looks like Mr. Omnicient doesn't know what a wrist HRM is.."

"Excuse me?"

" It's a wrist Heart Rate Monitor.. We were suppose to observe you for the rest of the week to collect Data of your Heart's condition ..but seeing you really want to leave, I'm being considerate into letting you go only if you wear this HRM to collect the data for us.. you are to return here in a week's time and return the HRM.."

"Okay then.. ughhh.. exactly what does this thing do?"

"It records your pulses , if theres any abnormality in it.. but when you palpitate, It releases audible fast beeps which represents your speeding Heart rate.. which is why you should lay low unless you want to spend another week in this hospital.."

*gulp* "Okay.. I'll lay low.."

"off you go then"

"right.. thanks Dr. Byun"

-----(flash back end)

So here I am right now..so fed up with this damn thing! I mean I don't mind wearing it for health purposes, because I have asthma attack tendencies but ,seriously! it doesn't have to release this loud annoying beep whenever I get shocked! .. like awhile ago, I dropped a mug and then this thing started to beep uncontrallably loud! I though it would never stop until I found the nerve to calm down and relax..

Fck.. did the doctor say they were recording this? Gahh.. how am I suppose to live this week with dis chunk of junk as a pitiful excuse for a HRM attached to my wrist?!

My thoughts were inturrupted when the doorbell rang.. Oh yeah.. I'm suppose to meet Dae today.. He's my bestfriend, but I really am currently having mixed feelings towards him .. I don't know if I love him in an or philia way.. I'm just really confused plus, one thing that worries me is that he doesn't even know, I'm bi.. I know the 'we're bestfriends so we tell all of our secrets to eachother pact' was suppose to be a law in friendship..but What if he rejects me?! I'm not even sure about my feelings yet and I'm already ranting.. plus, I don't think I can take rejection.. for all I know, I could die from that.. I have a heart illness afterall..

As I walk calmly to the door,  a halted before I could grab te doorknob.. and there's that thing again

*beep beep beep beep beep beep*

How the Fck does that even make sense?! I mean of course I have this tight knot weighing over my chest everytime Daehyun comes in the picture, but isn't that normal?! *sigh... I hate this wrist watch ..

To avoid loud beeps invading to another individual's ears, I shoved my hand (the one with the HRM) into my pocket.. the beeps still could be heard but atleast they became faint and less audible..

I slowly grabbed and twisted the doorknob , only to be greeted by a familiar intoxicating scent that gave me a warm-tight-not-so- gentle-hug.. and theres the beeping again..

"Princess Jae! I missed you soooo much!!!"

he said as he rubbed his cheek againts mine

"missed you too, Daehyunnie"

We broke the hug

"So , is everything okay? is your condition okay?"

"Yehh... I'm okay.."

"You sure? You almost gave me a heart attack too,  when you suddenly got an asthma attack during lunch break.. I had to carry you to the nurses office but I felt sad that I couldn't go with you to the hospital, when you were being helped up in a strectcher.."

"I'm so so sorry for worrying you.."

"Nahh! all that matters is that you're alright.."

"Thanks, Daehyun.."

fck.. there it goes again

"Jae?.. what's that sound?"

*palpitate*

"S-Sound?.. what sound? I don't hear any sound..maybe it's just you're imagination, daehyunnie.."

I didn't want to tell him that it was an HRM or else he would have found it odd that he himself was making my heart vibrate like the schools lunch bell

"I could've sworn I heard a beeping sound..."

"It's probably nothing... but why didn't you visit me in the hospital? I was really getting lonely.."

I tried to change the topic..

"I'm sorry jae.. I tried numerous times to get there but the nurses didn't allow me because they said I talked too much and that I could disturb your condition.."

"What? why would they prevent you from visiting? it's not like I'd be disturb with you talking.."

"beats me.. but they said they needed you to be as calm and relax as possible... plus you always do get angry or pissed whenever I'm talking..so I thought it'd be better if I stayed away from you for awhile to not disrurb your condition.."

"non-sense! I don't get pissed when you're around.."

"is that so?.."

"Ye- wait.. maybe just a little..okay.
sometimes you can be a little annoying.. but it's just sometimes.."

"see I told you.. but- what is your condition anyway? you left me all week wondering what it was.. I really got so anxious thinking about how serious you're illness was since the nurses didn't even allow any form of disturbance in your presence.. the doctors and nurses refused to even talk to me, they labled me as annoying.."

"You're not annoying, Daehyunnie.. don't let it get to you..and about my condition..ughhh.. how should I put this?.."

"Just say it any way you want it.."

"Well..you see.. I'm asthmatic.."

"I already know that.."

"Wait.. I'm not finished yet..as I was saying..I'm asthmatic, resulting to having low cardio tolerance.."

"hmmm?"

"Low cardio tolerance!"

"come again?"

"It means I have a weak heart, Pabo!"

"ohhhhh...-WAIT WHAT?!"

"You deaf?"

"I'm sorry.. but how?!.."

"I just got it somehow.. It'll be cured though..as long as I take my medication.. I'm sure it'll eventually go away.."

"That's a relief! I thought I was gonna lose you.."

"Gee.. that's too farfetch Daehyunnie..."

"Don't be like that! I was really worried, okay?!"

"Sure you were.. "

"so.. are you gonna let me in or are we just gonna stand in the doorway like two moving statues trying to hone their statuing ability?"

I rolled my eyes

"Oh, where are my manners?! do come in, good sir!"
I said sarcastically

"Jolly good, Ma'am~" he retorted..Touche...

"How come I'm a ma'am?" I said as I closed the door behind us

"Because, between you and me, you're the feminine one.."

"hey, I can be manly too.."

"says the one who's scared of spiders and insects, 'creepy crawlers' as you call it?"

"Hey.. I'm not scared of bugs.."

I said as I huffed up air and tried to act manly..

"So what if I tell you, theres a huge spider hurling over your head"

"You're making that up.."

"No, seriously.. there's a spider hovering over you! "

"I don't believe you! "

"Look up then.."

I did as told and looked up.. There really was a spider...I stared in horror at that horrible insect as a poor excuse for an arthropod hovering above me.. It was so large, like the palm of my hand large.. I couldn't move but I clearly heard the beeps.. really fast damned beeps.. and the next thing I knew, the shallow arthropod landed on my face..as soon as it did, I started jumping up and down and went up Daehyun, climbed him and practically fractioning his chest and back...

"Ahhhhhhh!"

"See, I told you, You're the ma'am!"

"Get it off! Get it off! It's on my face! Get it off!"

"*sigh* Yes princess.. I'll be your knight in shining armor.." 

Daehyun said as he miraculously shooed the bug and threw it out the window...

There was no spider anymore but, the beeps were still audibly loud, I'm starting to get worried..

"Princess... Theres that sound again.."

"I'm sure it's just nothing.."

"What's that on your wrist? is it responsible for that noise?"

.

"Ughhhhh......Ummmm...Errrrr... y-yes .. it's the one making the noise..my- err...  hyung bought it for me... "

"can I see?.."

" N-No Need!" I quickly said as I hid my wrist with the HRM in my pocket

"No Need to see... It's just an ordinary wrist watch.."

"Why does it beep?"

"Ughhh- hyung says it just beeps randomly sometimes.."

"that's rad.. so what do we do now.. I was irrationally thinking pf bringing you to an amusement park today.. but I figured it was unhealthy, because you just had your departure from the hospital and you told me you have a weak heart.. so I pretty much don't have any ideas besides letting you rest..."

"No more resting please.. I had enough of that.. Let's just go grab a soda and head to my room or somethin.."

"I don't think it's healthy for you to drink soda.."

"Daehyun, soda is never healthy. Not for you, not for me.. so it's a truce either way.."

"Let's just head to your room.."

___________

"You got a mini fridge in your room?!"

"Well my parents recently just bought it for me before they went on their business trip, so whenever I study, I won't go through the hassle of going down stairs to eat if I'm hungry..."

"Cool! speaking of which.. where is your family.. do they know you've been admitted to the hospital?"

"No.. not really.. My mom and dad went on a business trip , like three weeks ago.. they said they'll be back in 5 months.. my Hyung is living in his own house together with his girlfriend..so pretty much none of them knows.."

"How did you manage the hospital bill?"

"my parent's credit card of course.. You didn't think they'd leave me here with nothing for 5 months now, did you?"

"Ughhh.. yes? ..so You're going to be alone in this house for possibly the next 4 months?"

"Yes.. It'll be boring.. not until semestral break is over though.."

"I'll keep you company.."

"you what?"

"I'll keep you company until semestral break is over.. You must get lonely a lot, so I'll stay with you..plus you're still sick.. someone needs to take care of you..."

"You'll do that for me?"

"Of course, Jae.. I do care about you.."

then there goes the beep beep

"Geez.. what kind of wrist watch is that? "

"It's stupid right?"

"If you don't like it then don't wear it.."

"Well I could take it off but my hyung'll think I'm disrespecting him by not appreciating his present for me.."

I lied

"Oh.. I guess you love your hyung way too much to take off his efforted present for you"

"Exactly.."

_________

"So, what should we do ?"

"I don't know.. but I'm getting kinda tired.."

"You should rest.. it's unhealthy for you to stay up when your body doesn't want to.."

"But, Dae.. We missed out on eachother for a whole week now.. I don't want miss out on you anymore.."

"It's okay.. We can do all the fun stuff we want, after resting.. and don't worry.. I'll sleep with you so you wont miss out on me anymore.."

"You're the best! "

"I know.."

"You're narscistic!"

"I know- wait! No I'm not!

"Haha! You totally fell for it!"

I was laughing so whole-heartedly I didn't notice how Daehyun stared at me softly

I continued to laugh that I started to pant

"Oh- D-Daehyunnie! You're so gullible! "

That was the last thing I said before I was forcefully pulled in to meet a broad chest.. I snuggled in as he began to rub my back..

"You know.. You're really cute when you laugh like that.."

beep beep beep , the HRM went in on it again.. but we paid no mind to it, as Daehyun layed me and himself on my bed before snuggling under the blankets and sharing eachother's warmth

"Hmmmphh- You're so warm.."

"Shhhh... Just rest, Jae.."

"okay.."