Chapter 3

sidelines

Chapter 3

Feeling a shot of pain in her arm, Youngji abruptly woke up. Not opening her eyes fully she stretched her arm out only to be stopped. Opening her eyes she was shocked to see handcuffs attached onto her wrist, fluffy ones to be exact. What made it worse though was the person on the other end of the handcuffs. Jackson Wang. Was this some kind of sick joke?

In her desperate attempt to remove the handcuffs she woke up an equally startled Jackson, whose first reaction was to side-eye Youngji.

"I know I'm irresistible but there is no need to handcuff me! If you want me so bad, you just have to ask!" sniggered Jackson.

"I didn't do this, you cocky idiot!" hissed Youngji, getting annoyed by the minute still trying to unclasp the cuffs.

"I try my best, but if you didn't do this, who did?"

The two youngsters continued to fiddle with the handcuffs, until Jackson noticed a note stuck to the ground. Picking it up he read it out aloud.

"We have gone out on a field trip but ditched you two, because you always end up bickering. We hope by handcuffing you, you will grow closer. We don't know when we will return so you better get along, or we won't unlock your cuffs. Also the cameras are turned off but that doesn't mean you should try anything stupid. Good luck. -your roommate family."

"Are you kidding me? We're stuck like this for the whole day?" shrieked Youngji.

"I'm not exactly quite happy about it either you know..." hummed Jackson.

"But I'm a girl! You're a guy!" yelled Youngji.

"I am very honoured that you have noticed my gender." Jackson grinned showing his pearly white teeth, only to be slapped on the leg by Youngji. All of a sudden Jackson's face scrunched up and resulted in his outburst.

"I need to pee now, get your fat up!" scrambled Jackson, trying to drag Youngji to the bathroom who was refusing to move.

 "Ew! No ing way am I going into the toilet with you! You're going to have to hold it in, I'm afraid." spat Youngji, sick of Jackson already.

Jackson however did not care that Youngji was not getting up and instead extended the chain on the handcuff, allowing him to get up without Youngji. Eventually he was getting nowhere since Youngji was on the ground so he had no choice but to drag her along the floor, as cruel as it was. Reaching the bathroom he slammed the door, which barely closed due to the chain sticking through. Youngji shut her eyes immediately, hoping the door wouldn't open up. Shifting the handcuff around she lifted herself up off the ground she heard Jackson yell through the door.

"Yah! Stop moving, I need to zip my pants up!"

"Too much information! Are you done yet?" shouted Youngji, equally as loud.

Jackson emerged from the door and fell onto the ground with Youngji. They decided to set rules for the day. First of all, not tugging on the handcuffs, dragging each other on the floor and no more surprise bathroom visits. If one of them needs to go to the bathroom, they are to negotiate with the person and shut the door properly. Deciding not to change clothes for obvious reasons they headed downstairs, still groaning about the fact that they had been handcuffed. The cameras had been purposely turned off, since they weren't sure what controversial things the maknaes would do alone. What was that meant to mean? One good thing was that Youngji was multi dexterous so Jackson could use his right hand as he normally would and Youngji would use her left. Grabbing their cereal they sat in silence while chewing their food. Draining the last of their juice they settled down at the sofa. Slowly they were beginning to co-operate and were able to move in sync.

Finally Jackson spoke up. "So what do you want to do for the rest of the day? We can't go outside, it's way too hot." said Jackson, glancing out to the window.

"Hm. I'm not sure. But that reminds me that we should turn the air-conditioning on, it is starting to warm up." replied Youngji.

Jackson nodded in agreement and proceeded to get up, waiting for Youngji. Grabbing the remote he pressed some buttons. Staring at it he waited for it to flash with a green light to indicate it was functioning, but nothing happened. Pressing it again he watched for a reaction. Still nothing.

"That's weird. It isn't turning on and I can't feel any cool air coming out from it." The pair turned to face each other with worried looks on their faces.

"We're screwed aren't we?" whispered Youngji.

"Yup. Pretty much." groaned Jackson flopping to the floor, bringing Youngji down with him.

"So we're handcuffed to each other, its 30+ degrees in here and we have no aircon. Just wonderful." mumbled Youngji, already sweating.

"Since we're bound to die from heatstroke, let's die while having fun!" offered Jackson.

Youngji raised her eyebrow and gave a look of disgust. "You ert I'm not going to-" screamed Youngji only to be cut off by Jackson.

"What? I was talking about playing a board game but you seem to have something more interesting in mind." smirked Jackson, winking at her.

Rolling her eyes she got up and Jackson followed. Scrounging the room for something to play, they find a box of Monopoly, not exactly ideal when you only have two players but it would have to do.

Sitting themselves down on a spare spot on the floor (with much struggle) they opened the contents of the box and sprawled them out across the carpet.

"I dibs being the hat!" yelled Jackson.

"Whatever. I'll take the dog then." shrugged Youngji.

The two started to play and after an hour of pulling each other’s hair out, tickle fights and destroyed monopoly cards, the pair decided to stop for the day. Slouching against the couch they continued to sweat, the heat rising up as noon reached.

"You hungry?" asked Jackson.

Shaking her head Youngji declined, but her stomach had different plans and began to growl.

"I'll take that as a yes." Jackson said, pulling Youngji up and sauntering over to the kitchen once again.

Opening the fridge he found leftovers from last night, enough for the two of them. Placing them into the microwave they fought over who got the most grilled pork, as they were both eager for it. The microwave beeped, signalling the cooking time was over and Jackson sloppily placed the contents of heated up food onto a plate. Youngji pounced on the steaming food grabbing it, about to make her way over to the dining table only to realize Jackson had yet to get his food.

Once he had done so the two sat down and Jackson began to wolf down the food. With his plate almost clean he glanced up to see Youngji struggling with her chopsticks, pouting and continuously stabbing at the meat. Grinning he grabbed his own chopsticks and picked some food off her plate, to which Youngji protested, thinking he was stealing her food. Her face softened when she realized he was trying to help her.

"Say 'ah', don't worry I'm not eating your food!" teased Jackson. Youngji obeyed, leaving slightly ajar. Jackson placed the food in and couldn't resist pinching her cheeks, which made Youngji turn a bright shade of crimson.

After she finally managed to finish her food, with Jackson's help, they sat down once again at the white sofa.

"When do you think they'll be back? By dinner at least?" wondered Youngji.

Jackson groaned in response, the weather making him even more tired.

"Look I'm sorry but I have to take my shirt off, I'm boiling in this!" burst Jackson.

Youngji's reflexes made her close her eyes but she secretly wanted to open them. Blushing she turned her head around. Jackson was oblivious and was determined to get his shirt off as soon as possible, ending up in ripping it. Finally, freedom for his beautiful abs. sighing in content he laid back completely, causing Youngji to fall onto his chest.

"What are you doi-" Youngji paused shocked at the sight of Jackson shirtless.

"I know you like what you see, it's okay baby, everyone falls for Jackson Wang!"

Shuffling as far as away from him she tried to gain whatever dignity she had left, she couldn't wait for the handcuffs to be off. This day had been so crazy and she wasn't sure how she felt about Jackson, trying to hate him all the time was tiring. While Youngji pondered awake, Jackson subconsciously wrapped his arm around her waist, as if she was a teddy bear, and normally Youngji would have thrown him off but she had no energy and she was enjoying Jackson's constant skinship. But she couldn't admit that aloud could she? They had gotten so much closer though, so maybe the handcuff idea had worked. Relaxing under Jackson's tight grasp on her she snuggled into his bare chest and closed her eyes.

The next thing she knew when she woke up she heard the hollers of her roommates, who were all cooing at the cuteness of the 'couple' and Nana's evident jealousy.