Mixed Signals

Hadephilia

* (: NO ONE'S POV!!!! :) *

 

 

 

Sehun didn't understand any of it.

 

He didn't understand why Jongin had to assign him this.....child.

He didn't understand why and how this Luhan person is and probably will be the first and only person who has ever not been intimidated by Sehun. Never have Sehun ever encountered anyone who laughed at his face when he was trying to kidnap him/her.

 

Most of all, however, Sehun didn't understand why he had this feeling something was off about that Luhan kid. What did luhan mean when he said," You're late." 

Does he know I came after him? 

 

No. It's not possible. Nobody is allowed to look in the file

room where we keep the records and reports for every resident

in the Republic of South Korea. It was on guard 24/7 and there is only one key to the room. 

 

This is probably what Jongin meant when he said luhan wasn't an average victim.

Everything about the "boy" confused Sehun.

Like the way luhan carries himself makes him look weak, which made Sehun want to protect him, though Sehun shook those thoughts out of his head, for he wasn't allowed to have any ties to his victim.

__________

 

 

As he walked out of the school after knocking Luhan out, Sehun heard some mean kid say, "What's that handsome boy doing with that ?". He frowned at that nasty comment and looked down at the boy he currently holds in his arms. He looked too innocent to be a .

Sehun got passed the school security with an unconscious Luhan drapped across his arms easily. How? Just by saying luhan fainted.

Sehun don't blame them either for being so oblivious that he's kidnapping the poor boy. 

Who would ever resist me? *smirks*  he thought.

 

There's only two things that are on people's minds when

they encounter the great

Oh Sehun  : lust or extreme fear. 

That's why this specific case ~Luhan~ confused him.

and Oh Sehun did not like the feeling of confusion.

'The faster Luhan is dead, the better' he thought

 

_______________________

 

*Luhan's POV!!!!!!*

 

 

My hands unconsciously move to the throbbing ache on my head from when the stranger knocked me out earlier.

I don't even open my eyes when I wake. 

 

Wait....why am I even awake?

 

This wasnt part of the plan...

The plan was for the assassin to find me and kill me at the spot..

 

 At the realization, my eyes fluttered open and I was facing a quartz white wall. Like the one in mental facilities you see in movies. The couch I was laying on was also blinding white with a splot of...red? I looked around me to find I was in a luxurious apartment with the view of the bustling city below me. However, everything seemed distant..unlike home. Was I still even in Seoul? Everywhere I look was either a shade of black, gray, or white....with an occasional red stain somewhere. No pictures or anything that showed signs of human residence. Aka. It was safe to explore.

 

My stomach was growling by the time I decided to get off the couch. My head was still hurting like a but I struggled my way around the huge place. I walked around the place four times before I could find the kitchen. 

White. With black marble floors.

I'm not even suprised anymore . The fridge was full of two weeks old Chinese takeout and rows and rows of.....bubble tea? I shuffled through the ginormous kitchen and pulled out ingredients that were actually edible....eggs, rice, and soy sauce. I'll just have to make do in this miserable state of a house.

 

To be honest, I was in a quite happy mood even though I didn't die yet.... At least I don't have to go through another day of school and my parents..if I can even call them that.

I transfered my fried eggs onto the plate of rice and soy sauce and was about to sit down at the window table when I heard a throat clearing.

 

My heart rate increasing as I turned around to face the beautiful stranger from yesterday.

 

 

I frowned at his facial expression. Wait. He had none.

His lips in a thin straight line and his whole being screamed "heartless douchebag" to me.

It was an awkward silence as he stared me down with annoyance and

me looking  down at my food and back at him.

 

"Er....you want some? " I said before forcing a shoved spoon of the rice into his mouth.  I mentally facepalmed myself at the realization of what I just did. Did I tell you I have a habit of doing stupid things when I panic?

 

I giggled as he sourly chewed my food. At my bright reaction, he growled and

dragged me to the table and forced me onto the chair.

 

".....You.......I don't think you understand the situation here.

Why are you happy? I'm going to ing kill you soon." he said with a cold face while

I stared at him with an annoyed look.

 

Idiot. I know. That's why I ing hired you. Didn't you read my file to see who hired this case in the first place?

 

" I know!" I said a little too excited.

 

I looked up from my food to see his shocked face at my reply to his question. 

 

" Ahh Leah aaii dooon haft tyu due eeit mahseft "  I said though chewing my rice. I meant "at least I don't have to do it myself" but I don't think he understood for he just sat there with a disgusted expression as he grimaced at my dirty eating manners.

 

"Whatever...I'm done." he grumbled before walking out.

Though inside I smiled of his cuteness....even though he was a bit of a.....I don't know, ?

 

 

 

 

Later, I searched throughout the place looking for him before spotting him in his bedroom.

 

"Yah! Stranger! What's your name?" I asked him.

 

At my voice, his face grew annoyed. "Sehun. Now get out."

 

I frowned again. "No. Why?"

 

"because you're in my house."

 

"I never asked to be..."

Before I knew it, I was slammed against the wall with his strong forearm against my chest holding me in place.

" If you are going to be here for the next month, you better shut up and do as I say, you . "

As quick as he said it, at the word i felt my eyes well up.  Is that everyone's first impression of me? A ? And I'm staying here for a month? It would've been faster if he'd just let me jump off that roof. Frustrated, I quickly shoved him off of me and walked out of his room. 

 

I laughed. For a moment, I almost thought I could've died happily without being shamed.

Then again, karma's my best friend.

 

_______________

 

 

I woke up the next day and looked down the huge windows to see a new ice cream shop cut the rope for opening. At the thought of ice cream, my lips tugged up in a grin and I almost forgot about the faced Sehun.  Almost. Desparate for my sweet tooth to be satisfied, I hesitantly dragged myself to his room and knocked on his door. As expected, he didn't open. So this time, I banged on his door. 

This persistent . I backed up from the door a few feet and position my shoulder so that I can ram into it. As I was about to slam into the door, it opened and I found myself flying into a certain someone's chest causing both of us to tumble onto the ground. Crap.

I slowly lifted my head to see myself lying on top of Sehun with his eyes wide open and lips parted in shock but I started to notice something gripping onto my waist and I looked down to see Sehun clutching his hands around me tightly. He had seemed to realize this also when he pushed me off of him onto the ground and I whimpered.

He didn't look me in the face the next time he spoke.

"what the hell do you want."

 

to be honest...

I want to die now, not in a month.

I want to kiss you for some reason.

I want to know why you called me a .

I want to know why I feel so attracted to you, not just out of lust.

 

"Ice Cream!" I replied.

 

"no."

 

I sighed and made a puppy face. What was I expecting. 

"fine." he said again.

My head perked up, but before I could reply, Sehun grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of the apartment.

Once we get out of the elevator, he stopped and bent over till I can feel his hot breath on my ear. 

"Don't you dare try any funny business."

 

"okay!" I said and walked on leaving an annoyed and confused Sehun behind me.

 

____________

 

 

My ice cream cone was piled high with strawberry ice cream and topped with m&m's and tapioca pearls. 

I noticed Sehun staring at the tapioca pearls as I ate messing with the melted ice cream running down face. I scooped up a spoonful of the stuff and jammed it into Sehun's mouth. 

"You're welcome!" I said.

He growled but obliged to eat it.

.

" Luhan?! " 

 

 

I heard a girl's voice shout my name. I turned around to see a girl and a group of her friends advancing towards me. I recognized them as some of my "fans" from school. I immediatly regreted turning around.

 

"....y-yes?" I said quietly. I wasnt comfortable with these people. Strangely, I preferred Sehun's weird company better.

 

" what are you doing here? Who's that? " they said gesturing to Sehun, " ..is he bothering you?"

 

This was my chance to escape.

I couldn't wait for 1 month. I signed up to die on the spot.

I could tell these girls the truth about Sehun and get away right now and proceed with jumping off the roof.

 

" No! Not at all! This is Sehun, guys! He's my..Uh..Uh..boyfriend? " I said and leaned over to peck Sehun on the cheek. Again, I mentally facepalmed myself.

 

And of course, my actions betray my thoughts. 

 

The girls looked at me weird then turned around and walked away without saying goodbye and I could hear them saying, " so he really is a ."

I felt my self confidence crumble some more and I lowered my head. But then I remembered I just kissed Sehun on the cheek! I quickly shot my head back up to see Sehun's red face. I panicked.

Now, he's going to think I'm a weirdo....not that he doesn't already.

 

" I'm really sorry! I didn't mean to!

It's just that I reallydidntknowwhattodoandireallydontlikethosegirlssoigotpanickedandmadeupastupidexcuseandkissedyousoimreallyreallyso-"

 

"let's go." he said blankly.

 

"Yea, let's go! It's getting time to go back, don't you think? Oh, well look at the time, 11:30! I'm sure you have places to go, people to kill!~" I started but he already dragged me out the door. 

 

The walk back was silent....and awkward....and distant.....and did I mention awkward?

 

When we got back into the apartment, nothing changed either.

Evertime I'd try to start a conversation, he'd just cut me off with an excuse.

 

"Hey Sehun! Have you ever killed a donk-" i started.

"I need to go to the bathroom." he ended.

 

This went on for a few more times before I just gave up...and sat

there sighing every once in a while in this boring house. Why even try to make friends with him ?

Let's not get attached because he's going to be the death of you in a month anyways. Literally.

 

At around 7:00 later that day,

Sehun would walk back and forth about 10 timea out of his room

and in front of my face before changing his mind and going back to his room.

Evertime, he'd stand in front of me, my hope raised thinking that he would actually talk

but he always just ended up huffing and puffing back into his room and I was getting sick of his mixed signals. Ugh,

 

The 11th time he came out to face me, I stood up and walked away annoyed,

not bothering to take notice of Sehun groaning out of frustration behind me where I left him.

I don't want to have my hope raised just to have it dropped to the ground again. 

I walked into a spare room he kept and settled down on the bed beforedeciding to take a shower. I went to one of his drawers and pulled out a (4x my size) hoodie and baggy sweatpants and laid it down on the bed.

 
I went into the bathroom and locked the door before sliding into the steaming shower. 
 
 Why is this assassin business so complicated? I shouldn't hired an assassin to kill me. I could've done or myself...but somewhere in my mind, I kinda felt happy I did...Wait. What? No. I don't feel happy that I hired a y hitman to kill me that makes my heart rate triple. Not at all.  I groaned.
 
I stepped out of the shower still wet and wrapped a towel around my waist and unlocked the door of the still steamy bathroom to get my clothes.  I was about to turn the knob but before I could, the door busted open and a sweaty and heavy-breathed Sehun stormed in and pinned me against the cool tile of the bathroom walls. It wasn't like the last time out of anger and annoyance. This time, there was confusion and a jumble of emotions in his eyes. His left hand on my bare waist and his right on my shoulder . His right leg in between mine and left supporting him from behind to keep me from moving. The only thing moving at this moment was his chest, heaving up and down. The hot steam of the shower I just took was forming sweat beads across my body as well as his neck. My breathing hitched from looking and feeling his body so close to mine and soon I was feeling like I ran out of air.
 
" Luhan..."  
 
My heart skipped a beat at the way he said my name. It wasn't cold and hard out of annoyance or anger again. It was full of desperation and confusion but still soft on his tongue.
 
"Why did you choose to stay with me?" his voice coming out in whispers, barely audible.
 
I couldn't answer, still shocked at the position I'm in at the moment and whole situation, period.
 
" What are you doing to me? "
 
 
 
 
 
 
Authors note:
 
I know. I know. The first part is boring and corny as . Please please forgive me! I love you all subscribers and viewers! I'm trying really hard not to make this story complete bull!