||Tested Positive||

Loving A Kingka [Short Story]

 

It's been about a month from that day and school was back.
 
But for the past few days I have not been able to go to school without being sick.
 
I would always throw up in the wee hours of the morning and would crave for the most absurd things.
 
Mom had already started to suspect something was going on between Jonghyun and me when we started to get even more closer than before.
 
But Jonghyun seemed to have started to be distant ever since I told him about my experience every morning.
 
That day, she told me to go for a pregnancy test.
 
She went together with me, thinking that Jonghyun would not want to take responsibility.
 
That day, we confirmed the results.
 
Positive.
 
I was already one-month pregnant and I was carrying Jonghyun's baby.
 
I was delighted when I heard the news.
 
I knew mom was mad at me, but she really surprised me when she said something unexpected.
 
"Keep the baby. Even if Jonghyun wouldn't want it, keep it. Don't go and abort the baby or even think of sending it to the orphanage. It was both of your decision to have it, so stick with it. Even if you do regret what you did, just keep it. It's as precious as your life and his."
 
"Umma.. I know Jonghyun Oppa won't want me to abort the baby or send it away. He would want me to keep it, and I'm going to do exactly that."
 
Mom smiled at me as she waved for a taxi.
 
---
 
"Oppa, guess what?" I said into my phone's speaker.
 
Jonghyun was at home since he promised his dad to stay with them for at least one week per month.
 
"What?"
 
"Guess~!"
 
"You don't love me anymore?" He asked.
 
"No, silly. I went to the hospital just now with mom."
 
"And? Did you hurt yourself?! What freaking happened?!" He started panicking.
 
"Sheesh, Oppa. I didn't get hurt. In fact~! It's great news~! I'm one-month pregnant with your baby!~" I squealed.
 
"Ohh. Phew, you almost got me killed there. So, is it a boy or a girl?"
 
"I don't know, it's only one-month old. It's too tiny to be captured through the scan."
 
"How do you think it would turn out?" He asked.
 
"I think it would look like it's appa. He'll be an ulzzang in his school." I replied.
 
"Well, I hope it would look like it's umma. Pretty, sweet and caring."
 
We continued our coversation for a while more before going to sleep.
 
We promised to meet each other at the park near our house after school.
 
It was to celebrate my pregnancy.
 
I waited for the next day in school to finally tell Jonghyun face to face.
 
I anticipated how he would react.
 
The next day came and I was seated in my class, waiting for him to run into my class and lift me off the ground in a tight hug.
 
But he never came.
 
I figured he just didn't want to turn up in school so that he could surprise me at the park later.
 
I waited the whole week for him to turn up, but he never did.
 
I went over to his house and knocked on the door.
 
A maid opened it.
 
"Is Jonghyun here?" I asked.
 
"I'm sorry miss. The Kim family has left for America and did not inform us when they will be returning." She explained.
 
"Ohh.. O-Okay.. Thank you." I bowed before going back home.
 
So all this time, he was exactly the same.
 
The same as my dad, the same as other kingkas, and the same as other rich people.
 
He left after playing around with me.
 
I stared at my growing tummy.
 
"I'm sorry, agiya.. You won't have an appa.. You'll have to go through what Umma did too.. I'm sorry, agiya.. Umma's sorry.."
 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
Aww Shucks~!
Jjongie left you.
 
BUT WAIT~!
This ISN'T the end of your story~!
Anticipate the next chapter~!
I think this will end after say, two more chapters?
 
Chyeah.
I'm gonna miss this story as much as you do.