Chapter 4

Fifteen

Just as the final bell rang, Taemin couldn't wait to go home and call Minho with the number given to him. He couldn't stop smiling even after he stumbled going up the steps to his home and ran passing by a busy key carrying papers in his arms. 

"Hey watch it!" key said.

"Ooops sorry umma" Taemin stopped in his tracks and quickly picked up all the papers before key gets even angrier than before.

"You seem like in a good mood today" key gave him a small smile, not enough to spread across his face. "Something happen at school?" he asked.

"Oh umma it was like the best thing that ever happened to me in my young life" Taemin explained, the smile never disappearing from his face.

"Care to share?" Key asked.

"Well......" Taemin wondered if it was ok to talk about Minho to his umma, but then again he hardly knows anything about him. "It's just that there's this.....guy....." key stood still, possibly letting Taemin know to continue on.

"Well he ummm.......he invited me to go hang out with him...and his friends" he said.

Key looked dazed a little and yet happy for his little brother making friends during the first year of high school. 

"Thats amazing Taemin, see I knew you were gonna make friends eventually. You just needed time to get to know them" Key was satisfied and happy for Taemin. 

"Yeah, he gave me his number to call him and hang out" he said.

"That's great, maybe you can invite him over sometime so I can meet him. In fact why don't I drop you off to his house so I can meet his parents, how's that sound?"

"Or maybe invite him and his family over and lets have a big dinner together. We don't get that much company around"

As much as Taemin love the idea of inviting Minho over, but how will Minho react if he finds out that he lives in a house that's filled with nothing but fancy furniture. Or possibly the fact that he lives with his brother and that he calls "umma". If Minho can make Taemin feel so miserable because of his socks, he can only imagine how much humiliation he can take before the end of his first year.

Taemin shook his head from those thoughts and thinked fast for an explanation of why he can never let Minho know what goes on after school.

"Well you see umma, I was hoping that I actually go on my own this time. Meet people my age and do fun stuff with them like.....you know....." 

"Oh.....well o-ok" key try not to show the hurt in his eyes due to the fact that Taemin wanted to be on his own for now. Taemin looked into his eyes pleading for him if he can go. Knowing key can never resist his puppy dog eyes, key sighed and gave in. "Alright you can go." Taemin jumped up from his positon and brought key into a big hug giving him a kiss on the cheek. 

"Thank you umma!" Taemin kissed him one more time on the cheek before he ran to his room. He quickly pulled out his phone and dialed Minho.

"I'm sorry, but this number is not in service"

"That's odd"  Taemin dialed again and no answer. Taemin dialed just two more time and the same message continued to pop up, no answer. In frustration, Taemin threw his phone across the bed and ruffled his hair. Did Minho give him the wrong number on purpose or did he leave his phone off? Taemin shook his head, no Minho wouldn't do that to him, would he? 

Trying to remove those thoughts from his head, he quickly grabbed his phone. Checked his clothes in the mirror and headed out.

"Where are you going?" Taemin stopped in his tracks just as he was about to head out the door. He turned around and looking at key that was leaning against the kitchen door, like he was just about to finish making dinner. 

"Out" Taemin simply said.

"I can see that, but where?" Key asked. Cleaning his hands on his apron, he walked towards his little brother with his arms crossed."It's passed dinner, where exactly are you going?"

"Well, I'm going to meet Minho and his friends" he said.

"Right now?Isn't it a little late to go out with them right now?" Key raised his eyebrow. How can teenagers be out this late?

"Come on umma, just for a little bit, please?" Taemin gave him his best puppy face look to see if he will give in.

"Alright, I'm driving you over there and I'll pick you up later" Key was just about to get his keys.

"No umma it's ok, I'll just take the bus." 

"Fine but I want you back at 9 pm. You can't skip bed time arasso?" Taemin went up to him and gave his umma a peck on the cheek.

"Ok love you umma" Taemin waved goodbye as he headed out the door. As the cool afternoon breeze hit his smooth soft skin, Taemin quickly walked along the streets looking both ways of where he can find Minho. Just where can Minho be? And why didn't he answer his phone? Just as the day started to go by, Taemin has had enough of searching for the handsome guy. His feet were hurting, his stomache was growling, Taemin was just about to head back home until he heard some commotion in the distance.

Trying to walk fast as possible, he arrived to a skateboard park. There were alot of people around either skating or just hanging out, most of which Taemin recognized from school. Among those people he spotted Minho sitting on a bench with a girl on his lap, laughing along with the rest of his group. He quickly ruffled his hair, fixed his clothes and made his way towards them. Not many of them noticed him standing right in front of them, even Minho didn't even blinked one eye on him.

"Sorry guys, kind of held back a bit" Taemin try to play it cool, but not many were listening to him. "So Minho, I trird calling but there was no answer....." 

Minho looked up from his place and only gave a smirked "Oh I didn't hear my phone ring" he said as started to laugh along with the rest of the crew. Taemin felt of his confidence dropped down to zero at Minho's remark humiliated him in front of the cool people. 

Taemin looked around his surroundings and watch as most of the crew just sat on the edge while some are on their skateboards. No one seemed to noticed him nor even took a glance at him since he arrived, he felt so out of place. Minho invited him to hang out with his crew but for what? The only thing Minho did since he arrived at the park was just humiliate him and that's about it.

" I'm gonna go get a drink..." Taemin said. No one even bothered to pay attention to him.

Maybe I should just go home. Taemin thought as he sat on a bench, watching the others having a good time. Seeing Minho smile and laugh just like that made him think how he wish to be the one right next to him instead of the others. He held his head between his hands until he felt a sudden presence near him. 

"I'm telling you this not acceptable!!" Suprised by the sudden outraged noise, Taemin picked his head up and had his full attention towards the angry woman.Dropping her bags on the floor, she proceeds to continue to yell through the phone. Boy I hate to be that guy. Taemin paid no mind to the angry, but something else caught his eye. Just a few inches away laid a perfect expensive looking wallet.

What am I thinking?  

Stealing this woman's wallet!? I could get in serious trouble! 

He looked back to Minho and his gang having a great time then back at the red face lady, her back turned towards him. Maybe just this once. 

Reaching for the lady's bag, he quickly grabbed whole of the wallet and hid it under his shirt. Getting up from his spot, Taemin speed walked then made a dashed before the lady can even turn back and leave. After making his escape, he made back to the gang while trying to catch his breath. 

"Hey guys check it out? I totally just stole this!" Taemin smirked as the group looked at him like he just scored a million bucks. Minho came walking towards him, taking the wallet out of his hands and looking through it. He pulled loads and loads of cash. Everybody'seyes just popped out of their skulls at the sight of money. 

"Yo guys......" everybody turned their attention to their leader and waited for their command. Minho walked towards Taemin and wrapped his arm around his shoulder. 

"Let's go to our usual place and show our new brother around" Taemin looked back at Minho in shocked. Was he serious?  Minho looked back at Taemin and smiled at him giving him a pat on the back. 

Taemin smile grew 10 timed more, this was his moment. He finally is going to be noticed and even better he's gonna be with minho and the gang. But was that a really good thing?

 

A/N 

what's up guys!? I'm live! I haven't updated in like 10p years and I can't wait to contiue to update my stories. There alot of stores I have to update and I can't wait to continue writing again. BTW I'm in college now, it's my first year and I'm scared but happy at the same time. So I have alot on my plate. But can't wait to write again.