"It's all about your warm coldness..."

Midnight Blues

Kyuhyun's pov:

I woke up the following day, disturbed by the bothering sunlight intruding in my living room from the window. I felt so sick, dizzy and I figured out that was supposed to be a first symptom of a hangover. My head was now buzzing even stronger than earlier, and I could tell that choosing to get drunk was not probably the best choice, if I wanted to drown my memories and force Ryeowook's face out of my mind.

My eyelids were slowly lifted and, as I tried to adjust to the surrounding light, I blinked several times, until I could finally fully open my eyes. In the meanwhile I let out a little curse, umperceptibly hissing, to greet the new day. What a wonderful start! There wasn't a single part of my body that didn't ache for sleeping sitting on the sofa. I looked at the table and counted the three bottles of wine I had emptied during the night. 

"Aish..." I brought my hands behind the neck and tried a massage that could have helped me easing and soothing my stiffness. It worked very little though, and I didn't want to stand up and show at work in that condition. I looked terrible...I looked a beggar, with my crumbled gym trousers and t-shirt and I strongly smelled of alcohol to the extent that, even after taking a couple of showers, I wouldn't have got rid of the smell that easily. 

I took the courage to walk to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of fresh water from the fridge. After some seconds I had drunk it all in a couple of shots, so I could wash down that sticky sensation that wine left in my mouth and down the throat. I wished I didn't though. It was even worse and the only thing I felt like doing was throwing everything up. Though, I retained that awful sensation and grabbed the edges of the counter, slightly benting over it as I was now losing my balance and walked uncertainly. My stomach was so upside down...I usually could endure drinking pretty well, but that night something went wrong...I cannot even tell...I just drank and drank until I passed out...probably...

Finally, when that nausea decided to leave me alone, I tilted my head to the right and took a look at the clock on the wall: 11am. Great! I didn't want to go to work, but, even if I did, showing up at this late hour would have been unacceptable anyway, so I took it as an excuse to lazy around home. The phone rang and I heard it vibrating against the smooth cold surface of the glass low table of the living room.

I already knew those were the neverending texts and calls from the office, where people were certainly wondering the reason of my absence. I was the workaholic type, after all, and didn't skip any working day. Instead, if possible, I spent pretty much all my spare time in my office, so I could profit of the quiet environment of the deserted building, whenever my workers left at night. What did I have to say to excuse me, then? Well, whatever was fine, I didn't need to give excuses to anyone, since I was the boss...sure, but I seemed to forget that almost every time.

I took the phone in one hand, while with the other I grabbed all three bottles by their round slender neck between my fingers and walked to the kitchen again. In the meanwhile I scrolled with my eyes among the several received texts. One was from Donghae and it had arrived just a couple of minutes before. Wondering what he needed for contacting me while he was busy at the agency, I decided to take a look.

"What did you jerk exactly do to Ryeowook? He's not showing up at work and he cannot be contacted either! Eunhyuk and I are worried!"

So...I wasn't the only one who skipped work...

I rolled my eyes and threw the bottles in the trash can, with a bit too much of strength, because at least two of them shattered in the bin one against the other. The sound of crashing glass was even more annoying than Donghae's text, but both woke me up in a quite successful way.

"Ryeowook wasn't showing up at work...and he didn't pick any incoming call from the guys..." I found myself thinking, I wasn't his babysitter but I couldn't hide the fact that I became pretty much worried then. I kept staring at the phone screen and read the same message over again for almost around ten times, every single one of them caused me mounting waves of concern I couldn't explain. I nervously bit my lips and sighed, before realizing that I was on my way to the shower to wash up and get ready to go out.

I was in my car, half ignoring why I was rushing out, accompanied by this strange feeling of torment and uncertainty, half trying to convincing myself that I had to respond to Dongahe's call of help. I knew where Ryeowook was staying at, because Donghae, while picking me and Yesung for joining the dinner, told us that their agency gave him a temporary apartment in one of the richest district of Seoul. He had a high consideration of him and was always babbling about how good a pianist he was, how famous he managed to become and so on...gosh, if only someone made him realize that he talked way too much! But I guess that being together with one like Eunhyuk didn't help at all. Anyway, I was heading there, with the only purpose of checking on Ryeowook and bringing him to work, if needed.

I nervously slipped inside the building, where security guards were instructed to check every visitor who entered, asking them who they were visiting and why.

So...I also had to deal with two gorillas in the main hall, before getting on the lift...Cool! 

"I'm Mr. Kim's friend, he called me earlier, asking me to come here...there's no need to check with him, he's resting right now..." I managed to put on a quite convincing lie, which I would have personally never believed to, but it was enough for the two men guarding the lift.

While the lift was quickly bringing me to the 19th floor, I nervously looked at my reflection in the mirror. I was rushing out, but I actually got ready pretty well: I even put on a light layer of make up...why I would even do that was something I couldn't explain...I only felt like showing my best appearance that day. 

My heart...my heart was failing at staying calm though. It pumped with speed and strength I had never felt before...well, just once, if I must be 100% honest. It was the first time Ryeowook had invited me over to his place, when we were at school, and spent the night together. My heart beat the same way back then. And I was again on my way to Ryeowook's place in a certain way...that made me uneasy, especially because of how I had treated him the night before and how I failed at keeping him away from my mind...I didn't have any right to be the one checking on him...he might even haven't let me in, after knowing that I showed up there!

I shook my head and quickly ran my fingers through my hair, letting out a distressed sigh while stepping out of the lift.

"1909" I looked everywhere on the apartment numbers hang on the marble walls, until I found it: Ryeowook's temporary house. Only a gray door separated us: I was standing there, in front of the door, probably looking rather stupid for not pressing the doorbell. I waited five long minutes, questioning myself whether I had to announce my arrival or not. I was still in time to turn around and go away, but once again I stood still, not budging at all, until my arm reacted with no true impulse given from my brain. "Stupid hand, do not dare to...!" I was internally screaming, but too late.

The awful and long wait to get a reply from the other side started and went on as long as the same amount of time I had waited before actually ringing the bell.

"Ryeowook's not home...that's all...Donghae was always rushing to the wrong conclusions before checking up!" but the truth was that Donghae didn't actually said anything about Ryeowook not feeling well...I was the one who thought it that way...and I was the one who wanted to check on him so bad...I felt guilty for witnessing his breakdown the other night...and maybe for being the reason he almost fainted...

I rang the doorbell other two times and I didn't receive a reply. I looked at the door alarm set on the side of the handle and recognized it as one of the product from an agency which cooperates with my office during the screening of buildings' projects. I knew how it worked, and I quickly set the code that was needed in the case the true passcode had been forgotten. I set a new simple one then and my heart skipped a beat when the input digit code sounded right and the keys' light became green. I put a trembling hand on the handle and slowly opened the door. This was trespassing, and I could have been put in jail for that, I knew...

Everything from the look of the interiors seemed like how Ryeowook would have taken care of his own house. After all, he was always on his own when his parents were away for work, and he had to learn how to fix things, do the chores and guard the house, besides studying hard to achieve his dreams. For a strange reason, I thought that this would have looked like our house, the house I had always secretly dreamed of sharing with him, as if it were the shelter where we could live together and love one another with no restraint. I stepped in the neat living room and looked around: it was so quiet and silent, as if nobody actually lived there, but Ryeowook's jacket was placed on the sofa and his shoes were right beside the door, so he was still there.

I took my shoes off and walked to the corridor on the right where there were other three doors: one on both sides of the walls, where I could see the bathroom on the right and a fully equipped studio on the left, and in front of me I saw the darkest room, which I immediately thought of being the master bedroom. Step by step I reached the frame of the opened door, not leaning in, for fear to find something I didn't want to see...what if Ryeowook was with someone and...and...well, it was Ryeowook's privacy and I was nobody to get in without his consent. But then I heard a suppressed whine that broke my heart...curiosity and anxiety got the better half of me and I popped in with my head. In the not so deep darkness of the room I noticed a human-size figure hidden under bed covers. It seemed to be sleeping while trying to pull the covers above the head and I couldn't help but walking closer. I towered Ryeowook's lying body and looked for a way to gaze in without disturbing him, or worst, waking him up. I lifted my hand, uncertain, and pulled the cover a bit lower, so to look at his sleeping figure. What I saw instead was heartbreaking: Ryeowook was curling up, shaking and sweating, his sleep disturbed by what seemed to be a high fever. He was boiling hot and couldn't breathe properly. His whines sounded so painful and I felt powerless. I wanted to help him, but if I ever dared to wake him up, he would have probably been scared of me, again, and he would have also refused my help...what to do?

I firmly grabbed him from the shoulders and lightly scrolled him. I didn't care, I had to wake him up, that was the only way.

After a couple of minutes, I saw Ryeowook finally opening eyes again. While suffering, he looked strangely peaceful and...beautiful...my heart raced at its fastest speed as I looked at his thick eyelashes blinking to finally realizing that he had woken up. Of course he didn't expect me to be there, because, as I had imagined, he was totally taken aback by my presence: "Wh-what...are you doing here?!" he asked me with low hoarse voice still affected by sleep.

I kept silent...what was I supposed to tell him? And while I still held his shoulders, he pushed his weight on his hands and sat on the mattress. He looked down at my hands and looked puzzled, but it was short time, because his facial features became irritated all of a sudden. "Let me go!" he wriggled "Let me go, I said!".

When I did, he tried to get up from bed and stumbled as soon as his bare feet reached the cold floor. He instinctively held out both arms and grabbed me to avoid a fall; of course I helped him and closed my arms around his body. He looked somehow too cute and I was now reacting without thinking at all...Ryeowook too noticed it, because he pushed me away and sat on the bed again: "Please, tell me what you are doing in someone else's house!" he asked, sounding pissed off and slightly scared.

"I...I...received a text from Donghae, saying that you didn't go to work and..." my words came out all of a sudden, but he interrupted me as he gulped: "Work!" he let out a small shriek, while looking at the digital alarm clock on the nightstand "I'm late for work! Jonghyun needs to check the scores and..." he tried to get up again, this time holding his forehead with a hand and pushing his weight from the mattress with the other.

"No! You won't be going to work in this state! You've got a high fever!" I told him, this time I was the one who pushed him on the bed, feeling a bit uneasy for my own bold actions. What if he collapsed on his way to the agency? I would have never forgiven myself for letting him go.

"If I didn't go to practice whenever I was sick, I wouldn't have managed to reach my status now, so please get out of my house and leave me to deal with my own life, okay?" Ryeowook frowned adn looked me with angry eyes now, really wishing that I disappeared from his sight.

"Too late! I told Donghae that you were sick and need a couple of days off, so..." why I was making up lies, I didn't know, but that didn't help Ryeowook to calm down at all. "You what?!" he yelled at me. That gave him a slightly wild look together with his messy hair, his annoyed face and crumpled clothes. "He's even cuter when angry..." I found myself thinking, checking him from head to toe, trying to hide the upcoming half smile that I wanted so bad to put on my face. Instead I scolded him, just to keep the appearances: "Gosh! Kim Ryeowook, you really don't know how to be grateful, do you? Come on, take a rest! You won't be losing anything if you don't show up at work!" I told him, slightly losing my own patience then. Really, what was I earning for being that kind towards a man, whose existence I wanted to desperately forget about? That was the result...

"Don't yell at me!"

"You're the one yelling!" I saw him walking from one corner of the room to the other, getting clothes out of the wardrobe, arranging things in his bag, but as soon as I yelled back at him, I saw him crumbling down beside the standing mirror. He was yet again holding both his ears and shut eyes: "Please! Don't yell, please...Kyuhyun!" he begged on his knees, crying, his voice trembled. He even said my name...I forgot how musical that might sound if pronounced by Ryeowook. I went beside him and helped him standing, grabbing him from under his armpits: "Okay...I won't...now tell me what's wrong...let me help you..." I showed him the way to the bed, where Ryeowook crawled until he reached again his place under covers. He still closed his ears and gritted teeth, even though not as strongly as when I first saw him doing that.

"Leave me alone..." he said with low voice, his tears rolling down his cheeks "...I can take care of myself..."

"It doesn't look like!" I told him, sitting on the bed next to him, looking at how sad he was "I wonder how you managed to live on your own for ten long years..."

"I managed, so stop wondering because it's none of your concern...you're nothing to me Kyuhyun, I don't need to explain you my life in details..." he grumbled, while my mind was now fixed on the words he said "...you're nothing to me Kyuhyun..." 

"Right...For so many years, I was the nothing who wished to own you, though..." I thought and then my mind went blank because I pictured him in my mind, while he was kneeling beside Ahra, the day she died, and I began to feel a contrasting mounting sentiment from the bottom of my heart. Irritated I clenched my fists: "Fine, I'll leave you if that's what you want..." I was sick of his childish behavior. I didn't want to be there either, after all! I only felt it as a duty...and Ryeowook was so ungrateful towards my efforts...I was holding back all my resentment towards him, even though I didn't know what exactly helped me holding back...maybe his look of eternal kid that needed protection? Maybe...

I turned around and took some steps to the bedroom door, but then I heard him speaking again: "Wait! If you really want to help me then, buy me some painkillers, and then you can go..." 

I grumbled on my way out, but I nodded all the same and said "Don't move. I'll be back..." before leaving him.

---ooo---

Ryeowook's pov:

I woke up again. I didn't even notice that I had fallen asleep for the second time. Notes of what seemed a delicious meal were floating in the air, reaching my nose, causing me to wake up. Droplets of water were running down my forehead and I frowned, disturbed by them, without opening my eyes. I heard a distant voice calling my name. It was sweet, yet longing and painful. That voice was repeating one thing only: "I'm sorry, I'm sorry Ryeonggu...will you ever forgive me?" I recognized Kyuhyun's voice and I curved my lips in a little smile, firmly believing that the time to receive Kyuhyun's apology for what had happened ten years ago would have finally come. I slowly opened my eyes then, and as I expected, Kyuhyun was sitting beside me, trying to...nurse me? Wait...what was it? A bad dream? And he was really mumbling some kind of apology, but it was because the cloth, which he patted against my forehead to lower my fever, was too much wet and dripping, causing some drops of water to roll on my closed eyes.

I frowned even more, looking at how Kyuhyun had messed my house.

"Sorry..." he said again, patting on my eyes with the wet cloth. I wriggled and pushed his hands away, looking rather pissed off. "Stop it now! You don't even know how to nurse people..." I said with a scoff and pulled myself up. I rested my back at the backrest and stared at him from head to toe. "Why are you still here?" I asked, quite suspicious.

Kyuhyun put away the cloth and took a bowl of hot soup from the tray on the nightstand and passed it on to me: "I thought you might have wanted to eat something and I brought you chicken soup. It's good for your health!" 

"I don't want to know why you brought me chicken soup...I want to know why you are still here..." I hated repeating myself twice. I was already dealing with quite a considerable amount of pain, having Kyuhyun in my house was the least thing I wanted to deal with. My poor heart knew it best, and his goofy yet caring attentions were now truly confusing me. I didn't want to weaver in front of him...or else I would have collapsed...my whole world would have fallen apart...again, like a castle made of cards, blown away in one snap. I wasn't used to act the tough guy, but I needed my glass mask and my shield right now, because Kyuhyun wasn't the same boy I had fallen in love with, he was a totally different person now...and he was my exact nemesis.

"You shut up and eat this, before it cools down!" he suddenly brought to spoon to my mouth and made me drink the soup.

"Kyuhyun! Be careful or you'll leave stains on to the covers!" I pouted, after swallowing "How can you be so inattentive!"

"Tsk...and why are you talking this much? I forgot how you can be so annoying with all your babbling, Ryeowook..." Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and I lost myself for a while.

"There are many things that you forgot about me...or never knew..." I mumbled in a blow then, avoiding his stare. When I turned to look at him again, I found him tilting his head on a side, sighing. He then briefly looked at the ceiling and gave me the time to take a deep gaze at his figure: he had grown up into a quite attractive young man, not that he wasn't back when we got together, but he really had matured a lot and took great care of his outer appearance. His hair got a bit darker, but it was still a mess, one of those tangled mess that looked fine even without great care. He got more muscles on and grew a lot taller than what he was. I had always been quite short, and growing up didn't help me at all, but beside Kyuhyun I had always felt too much of a dwarf...now he managed to surpass himself and I was still asking myself what exactly he used to eat in order to grow that tall. Life was surely unfair!

I blushed because of my thoughts and avoided his glance, for fear that he might have taken a glimpse of my stupid pointless reaction. Ah! I was falling for him again! Someone had to tell me how to avoid falling for a cruel, snarky, selfish person like him, please give me any kind of advices! With the corner of my eye I looked at the spoon Kyuhyun was again bringing closer to my mouth and I immediately stretched my arms so to avoid that gesture: "Don't...please...don't...leave it here and..."

"Let me guess...you wanted to say 'go away'?" he sneered and sunk away the spoon in the soup bowl.

I sighed, not knowing how to put that difficult resolution. We had spent ten years apart, I didn't really care if he was on a mission for Donghae or whoever asked him to check on me. I was really fine with living without him! If he approached even that way, I felt like I would have fallen even harder for him, this time with the true conviction that we weren't meant to be. I must have been a true idiot for keeping on lingering to those hurtful memories. It was like committing mental suicide day by day! I needed something else to st the limits...something stronger: "Kyu-Kyuhyun..." I stuttered, his name was the hardest word to pronounce and I noticed my voice weavering "...thank you for your concern, but I'm fine...tell Donghae that I'll be back at work tomorrow, we don't have much time before Jonghyun's debut anyway..."

Even without looking at him I could tell that Kyuhyun's eyes were fixed on me. I knew that he was kind of pouting in that silly way of his and he was looking at me slightly tilting his head on a side, before nodding. Too typical of him...

"...I'd like that, when you step out of my house, you'd pretend not to know me at all...well, if you think about it, we really don't know each other that well! It's not so difficult...you just have to ignore my presence, if this bothers you like I know it does, and I'll do the same with you...see? It's easy!"

I grabbed the covers lying on my stomach and squeezed them hard, trying to transfer there my uncertainty and the strong pain inside my heart. My throat had a quite big knot at the level of my Adam's apple, but with that I wanted him to understand that we were completely done...

...I never expected him to be done earlier than what I had imagined. Kyuhyun let out a deep sigh, his facial features didn't flicker at all while putting aside the soup bowl on the nightstand, and he got up. He turned his back to me and walked out of the room. I watched him from my bed as he disappeared behind the corner. After two exact seconds I heard the beep coming from the closed door.

I wanted him to understand that we were completely done...and he understood it pretty well, as he went out without even saying goodbye...

 

...the next day I realized I still needed Kyuhyun.

During a break time Jonghyun was joking around and we were alone in his usual practice room, where he was rehearsing a choreography Eunhyuk had improvised only a couple of hours before. He had just asked me if I wanted to give it a try, something unconceivable since I didn't know the moves and generally at dancing, but also because I still had a bit of persisting fever and didn't want to risk another collapse. I had politely refused and sat on the floor, with my back on the reflecting mirror, amusedly looking at the young boy practicing hard for his career.

I lifted my eyes for an instant and saw Eunhyuk passing by the room from the transparent round window on the door. I almost immediately and automatically thought of Kyuhyun. I needed to talk with Eunhyuk and ask for Kyuhyun's phone number, so I could call him and inquire about the new passcode he had set the day before to my house door. I perfectly knew about all the consequences that my decision would have arisen: Kyuhyun wouldn't have replied at all, and I would have dealt with my constant efforts not to dial his number multiple times a day...

...however I needed him. I realized that setting a new passcode was the only way for him to get inside my house, without me letting him in. I realized that as I was trying to get inside to pick something I had forgotten on the kitchen table, but in truth I had been locked outside.

Stupid Kyuhyun...he never failed at getting my life even messier! He was a true pro at it! And I was more worried about how I would have looked like while asking him for help, after suggesting that we shouldn't have bumped into each other again anymore...

"Sorry Jonghyun-ah! I need to talk to Eunhyuk for a while. You go on, after finished we'll start your lessons with the vocal coach, okay?" I told the young boy and rushed out without even checking that he had understood.

I walked down the corridor to where Eunhyuk usually practiced with his dance crew and I was about to enter the room, when I saw that Eunhyuk wasn't there. In fact the room was totally empty, aside from the guys' belongings scattered pretty everywhere on the benches around the walls.

"Ryeowook!" Eunhyuk was now standing behind me and looked quite surprised to find me in the middle of peeking inside from the door-window on the side. He tapped with two fingers on my shoulders and I turned around, kinda embarrassed.

"I was looking for you!" I told him, half smiling. He put one arm around my shoulders and started walking towards the relax area: "I'm on a break...would you like a coffee?"

I shook my head, refusing. I hated coffee, but I'd have had a good tea if he really insisted.

"What did you need me for?" 

"I...I actually wanted to..." my words got stuck in my throat. Asking for Kyuhyun's number wasn't that difficult, for someone else maybe, not for me...I seemed to have been cast in hell, while trying to fight with my brain and pronounce those words.

"Kyuhyun!"

I looked up at Eunhyuk and noticed his surprised look, while his eyes were pointed on the other side of the relax room. I looked in the same direction and felt like gladly digging a hole in the floor and try to hide there. Kyuhyun was standing right beside Donghae, happily sipping a hot espresso coffee he had just grabbed from the coffee machine. Donghae looked pretty enthusiast too and his look got even more excited when he met Eunhyuk's eyes.

"Hey there!" Kyuhyun greeted Eunhyuk, while this one asked him what brought him to the agency during working time. I saw Kyuhyun shrugging, but his eyes failed to quickly change direction and I was more than sure that he had been looking at me since I got inside with Eunhyuk.

"Kyuhyun came to invite us to the annual spring party his office is holding in two days!" Donghae explained to Eunhyuk. I felt a total stranger in their conversation and so it had to be...the more I kept away from them, the easier it was for me to avoid Kyuhyun...damn him! My house door passcode! I sadly sighed, while approaching the counter and pouring hot water into a mug with a green teabag, hoping to let it pass unnoticed...praying to keep on acting the part of the invisible stranger.

"What's wrong Ryeowook?" Donghae turned to me and hugged me, which was something I didn't expect to happen. I spilled some hot water from the boiler and burned my left hand, whining as I looked for a cloth to wet and pat there.

I felt a pair of warm hands grabbing mine by the wrist and pulling my arm to the near tap. I looked up at the man standing by me and I noticed Kyuhyun helping me with putting my own hand under the cold jet of water.

"I'm sorry! Are you okay?!" Donghae asked me, sounding apologetically as he peeked above my shoulder to look at my hand's state. I lifted it and looked at how it shone backlight: there was a small red spot on its back between thumb and index finger. I grimaced in pain as it seemed to burn like fire then and Kyuhyun passed me a cloth from the drawer. I took it without saying anything in particular and began to pat on the red area.

I thought that my face then could be probably redder than what my hand was, due to Kyuhyun's help.

"I'm really really sorry!" Donghae sounded even more troubled.

"It'll pass quickly, it's nothing you must worry about!" Kyuhyun quickly spoke, trying to reassure him as he moved from my side and went to sit on the sofa, far away from the three of us. 

I nodded, patting on Donghae's shoulder. I hold back in my mind every curse I could think of at that very moment in order not to let Donghae feel even worse about my condition, but I couldn't hide how much I was actually bothered by that burn because I couldn't stretch well my fingers without feeling a stinging pain. It would have passed soon, sure, it was no big deal, but still, I would have best not touch my piano until it got completely healed...and this pissed me off in an exceptional way.

And because I was thinking of my piano then, Eunhyuk suddenly brightened up and sat beside Kyuhyun, pulling him by a sleeve: "Why don't you let Ryeowook play at the party? It'll be a nice surprise for your guests!" I gulped. Why did they want me involved into Kyuhyun's plans so bad?

Donghae grabbed him by an arm and pulled him standing up. He threw him a sideway glance, with which he wanted to ask his fiancé if he had actually forgotten about what had happened at their place...I was sure of it, because Donghae's eyes seemed to pierce Eunhyuk's, and this one unexpectedly shut up. 

Kyuhyun simply ignored him and looked away.

"Come on...let's go..." Donghae dragged him out, talking with Eunhyuk about how they should have prepared for the party and other useless things.

The couple had just walked out, when Kyuhyun stood up and tried to follow them. That was my chance to talk with him in private and not stir any suspicious rumors, therefore I took all my courage and grabbed him by the sleeve, just like Eunhyuk did earlier.

He didn't even look at me, instead, he pulled away with much strength, that almost made me lose my balance.

"Kyu..." I wanted to call for him, but he interrupted me, not letting any other sound out of my now trembling mouth. "What's up with strangers nowadays? They don't even know their place!" he snorted out, sounding a bit too much poisonous than usual. If he was acting as if he didn't know me then, he managed better than average. However that wasn't the time to joke around! I needed him to speak, not to literally follow my suggestion from yesterday: "Listen Kyuhyun...I need you to..." but he once again interrupted me, this time he turned around and we both stood by the closed door: "What do you want from me? I don't know you! Stop pestering me!"

"Fine...I'll do it! Believe me! I'll do it, but..." I was on the verge of crying. He was slightly bent towards me and looked me straight in the eyes with his narrowed and frowning ones, lips tightened in a grimace of annoyed disappointment. My lips visibly trembled even if I wasn't speaking and I felt my eyes slowly getting wet and trying to hold back the tears that were blurrying my sight. "Kyuhyun, don't do this to me...please...what you did ten years ago was more than enough...please..." my mind thought, with no right timing at all. I sniffed once, pretending to hold a fake sneeze, and cleared my throat to resume what I wanted to say: "...please, could you...tell me the passcode you set for entering my house...yesterday..." damn, I blushed for sounding that desperate with my mumble. 

Kyuhyun sighed then, he straightened his back and turned around again, this time going out of the room. He was walking away and I stood still in the middle of the way, looking a fool for having my jaw dropped while watching his back. He stopped and turned his head: "...it's your birthday..." he said, giving me his final answer, before disappearing.

I managed to close my mouth, still a bit too startled by his behavior. But what really made me react that way wasn't the fact that he began behaving like the jerk he was, not anymore at least, not after discovering that he still remembered my birthday...that was what troubled me the most..."had Kyuhyun been thinking about me all this time?"...it was difficult to believe, but that little sparkle of hope lit my heart to flames...before my little devil side could extinguish the fire, confirming my fears: "of course he's still thinking about you! He still believes that you killed his sister!"

...and I got back inside...this time bursting into bitter tears away from anybody else...