At First Sight

My Destiny (indefinite hiatus)

Taeyeon's POV

 

While looking at the sunset, I saw this cute wedding venue. Although it was small and simple, it made me smile. I can feel that the couple who just got married here today is beyond happy. Maybe they have found their soulmate. I noticed the small altar where the couple would be exchanging their vows, from where I am standing, all I can see is the white cloth swinging with the wind, but I can clearly see someone standing on the opposite side, a girl.

 

My heart starts to beat faster and faster. I wonder if she's the girl that old woman told me, my future girlfriend. I smiled at the thought of meeting her. I slowly went closer to altar, my hands are starting to sweat, I don't know what to do. Slowly, I walked closer and closer. When I finally reached the altar, I unconsciously reached out to touch the white cloth separating me from my destiny.

 

There she is, standing with just a piece of cloth separating us. I closed my eyes and smiled at the thought.

 

I took a deep breath, ready face her. 

 

When I opened my eyes, I can no longer see her. 

 

I got to the opposite side, and there's no one there. Was it just my imagination? Is my mind playing tricks on me? I felt a little lost, I didn't know what to do. I thought I could finally meet the person I've been wanting to meet my whole life.

 

Was I too desperate to believe in a 10-year old prophecy that I will meet the person I will love for the rest of my life in my 21st birthday in a rooftop?

 

Everything is here, it's my birthday, 21st birthday. I am in a building, where I can see the beautiful sunset. The old woman told me, I will meet her before it gets dark, and a few minutes from now, it will be getting dark. The only thing missing here, is the girl. 

 

Where are you? Are you really true? Am I going crazy thinking this might be true?

 

I closed my eyes, laughing at myself.

 

"Just as I thought, THIS. IS. STUPID. Well, Happy Birthday to me".

 

 

 

 

No one's POV

 

"Dad! Let's take a selfie please", a teenage man said to his father.

"Come on Dad, even if you'll just photobomb, it's fine", he sniggered as he posed to the camera aiming to get a shot of himself and his father.

"Photobomb? What is photobomb?", the father asked, taking away his eyes from the newspaper he's reading.

"Yes dad, photobomb. You don't know about photobomb?", the boy asked, shaking his head.

"Mateo, photobomb. Make face, make fun, while your son is taking a selfie", a beautiful, middle-aged woman walked out from the house, towards her family.

"Oh. See dad? Come on Mom, show Dad. Come on, let's all do it."

"Looks like a family pictorial!", the handsome eldest son said, looking at his family while watering the plants.

"Hyung! Come here! Join us, let's take a family picture", the younger one said.

"Me? taking a selfie? Ewww... just kidding! Wait for me", he then ran towards his brother, ready for a family picture.

"One, two, three... good",

"Sad face. One, two, three", and they all complied.

"Wacky!"

"Why do we have to take a lot?", the mother asked, but nontheless complied to her son's request.

"One, two, three", the eldest son crossed his eyes, and the younger made a face, the parents were just being themselves.

"Alright, come on, let's eat", the mom said.

"Hmm. photobomb", the head of the family murmured, amused with the things that the new generation is learning.

 

"By the way, I don't have a facebook account anymore. I deactivated it", the eldest son simply said while getting a bacon.

"Good for you", the father said, making his son laugh.

"I have a lot of interns in the hospital, they do nothing but check their facebook", he said, disgustingly.

The family had a quiet and peaceful breakfast. Unknown to the two sons, their parents had something to say that they haven't told them about.

 

 

 

 

"You are shifting? You don't want to be a chef anymore?", Tiffany asked, she and her companion is walking along the corridor of their school.

"You know what Hyunnie, after this semester, we will be part of the graduating class next school year".

"This is not really my passion Tiff.", Seohyun calmly said, looking at the floor like it's the most interesting part of the school.

"Then why did you take the course just because I did?", Tiffany asked curiously. She stopped walking, so that she can talk to Seohyun properly.

"My head is in a mess", He confessed.

"What is it that keeps on messing your head?", Tiffany asked, wanting to know what's the problem of her friend is.

Seohyun took a deep breath and looked at Tiffany before answering, "I can't sleep"

"Why can't you sleep?", she asked worriedly.

Seohyun leaned closer to her, unconsciously she did too. "I'm in love", he said.

Tiffany blinked, her heart started to beat faster. Unable to move from her position. She looked at Seohyun, "In love? With whom?"

"Promise me that you won't get mad, that you won't punch me", Seohyun pleaded.

Tiffany smiled, "I promise I won't. Come on, tell me, who is this lucky girl"

Seohyun leaned closer again and said softly, "I'm in love with Yoona".

Tiffany's smile dropped and she frowned, "Yoona? You're in love with Yoona?"

"Yes"

Tiffany then walked away hurriedly. Seohyun follwed her, he caught her while she's waiting for the elevator, "Tiff, I'm sorry. I've been in love with Yoona since forever. I just can't say it because we've been friends since grade school and it's so embarassing. Please help me be Yoona's boyfriend. What do I need to do?"

Tiffany looked at Seohyun boringly and said, "I don't know, I don't care"

"Please Tiff, help me. What do I need to do?" he pleaded.

"I don't know, it's not my problem anymore", not looking at Seohyun anymore.

 

 

 

 

Two brothers are seen jogging in their village.

One athletic, and one clearly not.

"Hyung, please. Let's rest. I'm tired." the younger one said, he is panting really hard from running, unable to catch up with his brother.

"Yul, you can't catch up because you're not sleeping well enough", the older one patted his brother's shoulder.

"Did you went out with Jessica last night?", he asked.

"Yes Hyung", he answered, smiling at the thought of the girl.

 

 

 

 

"Sweetheart, what's the problem?", Mr. Hwang asked Tiffany as he parked the car outside their house.

"This is nothing Appa", she said pouting.

"Nothing? I know it's not nothing sweetheart. If you don't want to tell me, then don't let me see that pout. You are starting to look like your Umma", her father said.

"Appa, I don't have any problem." she insisted.

"Whatever. Bring your sister's dress inside"

Tiffany did what her father said and went back to the car to get Yoona's dress. 

Mr. Hwang hurriedly went inside to see his wife talking to a delivery guy.

"The meat you got me yesterday is not fresh, and now you are asking for money now?", Mrs. Hwang said.

"I'm sorry Ma'am but I was just asked to collect the money", the poor delivery guy said.

"Umma, relax. I'm back", Tiffany interrupted her mother and kissed her cheek.

"You know what, go back to your boss and tell him I won't pay unless you give me a fresh meat as a replacement. My business will suffer because of you!", Mrs. Hwang strongly said. The poor delivery guy was unable to say anything else and retreated.

Mr. Hwang shook his head, because of his wife's very strong personality. He went inside the house unable to walk properly because of arthritis.

 

 

 

 

"Taeyeon "Eric" Kim?", a girl suddenly approached the brothers while resting from the jog.

"Yes?", they both looked at the girl.

The girl gave Taeyeon a wallet, "I believe this is yours", she said.

Taeyeon checked it and smiled, "Thank you!"

"Call me Babes", the girl said.

Taeyeon looked at her amused, "Excuse me?"

"Oh no. That's my name, Babes"

"Haha. Really? Okay. Babe"

"No. It's Babes, with an S, Babes"

"Okay. Babes with an S", she flashed his charming smile.

"You know what, we should run together sometimes", she proposed.

"Yeah, why not", Taeyeon looked at her.

 

 

 

 

Yoona is making another dress. It's her passion to design dresses. She's busy sewing it down, taking every detail into perfection when Tiffany entered their shared room.

"You're making another one? What is that for?", Tiffany asked as she sat down to rest.

"No. Not mine. This is yours Unnie.", Yoona said smiling.

"Mine? Why is it mine? I won't be doing a fashion show." she's now looking at Yoona.

Yoona stopped the sewing machine for a while to look at her sister, "This is my assignment for fashion class, and this is what you'll be wearing later", she said and went back to sewing.

Tiffany smiled, "Then finish it quickly Yoong. Look at the time. Have you taken a bath yet? How about your beauty rest?", she asked.

"Unnie, beautiful girls like us don't need beauty rests anymore. This is what is important. I want you to be very beautiful later. Seohyun told me he would be there. He might finally admit that he likes you.", Yoona teased.

Tiffany's frowned at the mention of the name. "Yah. Stop teasing me. Stop pairing me with him, okay?"

"And why would I Unnie? Is it because you are mad since he has not confessed yet?"

Tiffany looked at Yoona and said, "He already confessed. He doesn't like me. He likes you"

Yoona stopped working and looked at her sister. She motioned to herself, and removed the tie of her hair to let her beautiful hair fall loosely. "He likes me?"

 

 

 

 

"Ahmm, what do you want me to call you? Taeyeon or Eric?", the girl asked, asking for a handshake.

Taeyeon awkwardly looked at Yuri and silently signalled him to help him escape the girl. Fortunately Yuri got what his brother is saying.

"You can call me Eric, yeah, Eric", he said and gave the girl a firm handshake.

"Ah Hyung! We need to go now. Sooyoung-noona was brought to the hospital, they said it's heart attack!", Yuri panickly said.

"Oh. Heart attack? Babes, we're sorry. You heard that? Heart attack. We have to go", Taeyeon said, hurriedly pushing Yuri to go.

 

 

 

 

"He asked me to help him woo you. He said he doesn't know what to do anymore, he keeps on thinking of you. He's in love with you", Tiffany said.

"He's such a fool", Yoona commented.

Tiffany just went to the table to start doing her homework.

Yoona sighed and stood up, she approached Tiffany and hugged her from behind, "Unnie, are mad?",

"Of course not. Why would I be mad? Besides, I'm used to it. Ever since, all of the boys always like you", Tiffany said bitterly.

Yoona just smiled, wanting to sister more. "Why does he like me?"

Tiffany stopped writing and looked at Yoona. "Do you like him too?"

"He's okay, he's got a very huge amount of allowance from his Dad." she jokingly said, making Tiffany laugh. "Crazy! Just go take a bath before we get late"

"Fine." Yoona was about to go out when she decided to sister more, "Why do you think Seohyun likes me? Is it because I'm y? I know how to take care of my body? You know what Unnie, you should stop eating Umma's food." she sprinted out of the room after she unnie for eating too much of the delicious recipes of their mother.

Tiffany just smiled at her dorky sister. "Dork."

 

 

 

 

"I don't what's taking you so long just to sign the papers. This has been a long process. We already talked about this, we've agreed already, so why won't you sign it?", Mrs. Kim asked her husband.

"I know. But can't I look on these papers first before I sign it?", he said.

"Look on the paper? Why would you need to look at it thoroughly on a paper that basically says I WANT MY FREEDOM?", she asked skeptically.

Before Mr. Kim can answer his wife, Taeyeon and Yuri came home from their jogging. Bantering playfully about the excuse they told the girl they met.

"What is happening here?", Mrs. Kim asked her sons.

"Mom, if you hyung doesn't liked a girl he introduce himself as Eric, but if he likes her it's Taeyeon", Yuri playfully said.

"Is that why all the girls I've introduced you from the hospital, it's always Eric.", Mr. Kim concluded.

"Look at what you did Yul!", Taeyeon said while pointing at their dad.

"Dad, don't be too serious.", Yuri went towards his Dad and saw the papers he's holding. "Is that your last will and testament Dad? Give me everything Dad okay?", he playfully said.

Mrs. Kim just closed her eyes, unable to say anything.

"I am going to take a bath now, I'll be back later", Yuri then ran towards his room.

Taeyeon is just observing his parents, sensing a different atmosphere. He looked at his Mom and Dad back and forth.

"Dad, what's up? Why are you so serious?", he went closer to his dad and sitted. "Is there something wrong?", he looked at his mom.

Mr. Kim took off his glasses and took a deep breath. "Taeyeon, anyway you're in the right age, you're mom and I, we both decided to file a divorce."

Taeyeon can't believe what he just heard, he took the papers out from his father's hands and look through it. "Is this what it is?".

"Wait, wait a second. I thought you are both happy with each other? What happened?", he asked sadly.

"You're dad and I are friends", Mrs. Kim sat beside her son. 

"Friends?" Taeyeon can't believe it.

"We are still going to live in the same house, but it will be a different story if you know, one of us or both of us will be involved with somebody else. But we'll cross the bridge when we get there", Mrs. Kim reassured Taeyeon.

"We still don't know how to say this to Yuri, so please be quiet about this", Mr. Kim asked Taeyeon.

Taeyeon just sat there, he doesn't know what to do. All his like he thought that he has the perfect happy family, but apparently, that's not the case.

"And, I need a date tonight, for the pageant. Will you be it darling?", Mrs. Kim asked a favour.

 

 

 

 

After taking a bath, Yoona is now drying off the water with help of Tiffany. 

"Are you sure you took a bath Yoong?", Tiffany asked.

"Of course Unnie!"

"Unnie, I can feel that you're sad because of Seohyun", Yoona said.

"A little, yes. I just thought that if ever I'll have my first boyfriend, Seohyun is an okay guy, since he's been my friends for a long time, maybe he's the person that Halmoni said.", Tiffany said while drying Yoona's hair.

"That's where you got it wrong Unnie. Don't depend too much on what Halmoni said. That's why you're still single since birth.", Yoona stated-a-matter-of-factly.

"So, you mean, you want me to do the first move?"

"Why not? We're living in a modern world Unnie. I don't think it's bad if you make the person so like feel that you like them", Yoona honestly stated.

"Me? Ewww. How?"

"Kiss. Kiss him on the lips", Tiffany's eyes went wide and throw to Yoona the towel she's holding, "Choding! Are you listening to yourself? Kiss on the lips? Me? Noooo."

"Okay, I dare you Unnie. Do it with a complete stranger so it won't be awkward. But.. the next time you see someone you like, kiss him on the lips!", Yoona challenged.

Tiffany laughed and pushed Yoona out of the bed "Get dressed now". Yoona ran and laughed so hard because of her sister's reaction.

Tiffany was left in the room thinking about the dare, "Me? Kiss on the lips? Nooooo".

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany and Yoona are outside their house waiting for their parents. They are going to the pageant venue where Yoona is cometing. Tiffany is holding two balloons with their wishes tied on each. When Sunny suddenly passed by them.

"Wow. Do you think you'll win?" she asked smuggly.

Yoona took it lightly as she wants to tease Sunny too, "Thank you supporter, thank you", she said.

While Tiffany went towards Sunny to pull her hair, but before she reached her, Sunny ran away and Yoona stopped her sister. "Unnie, stop moving, I just finished that dress and now you're going to tore it?"

"Yah! Yoong! What kind of dress is this? I feel like I'm too exposed, I almost got nothing on my back!", Tiffany complained, she was not used to y outfits.

"Unnie, I am just making you look like a girl. You have the body, so why not flaunt it?"

Just in time, Mr. Hwang went out of the house.

"Appa, doesn't Unnie look so beautiful?", Yoona asked her father.

Mr. Hwang smiled widely and said, "You two look like beauty queens. Honey! come on now! We're getting late"

"Why didn't you tell me that it's almost time? I still have a lot to do!", Mrs. Hwang ranted.

Tiffany and Yoona just rolled their eyes at the scene, their parents are fighting over nonsense again.

"Come on Appa! Umma! We're getting late!"

"Peace on earth people! Peace on earth!"

"Stop negativity please!"

 

 

 

 

"So, you didn't love Dad all this time?", Taeyeon asked his mother.

He is his mother's date to the pageant, and he is driving her there. Although he is still hurt, he needs to accompany his mom

Mrs. Kim took a deep breath before answering her son, "It's not the kind of love that you guys are experiencing".

"What kind of love Mom?"

"You know now, there is romance, flirting, . You are lucky that we are not like my parents before, in my case, my case, my parents arranged a marraige. I was arranged to marry your Dad.", Mrs. Kim confessed.

"You're regretting everything, is that it?", Taeyeon is controlling his emotions as he knew deeper about the marraige of his parents.

"Let me make one thing clear, I have no regrets Taeyeon. But I want to enjoy the freedom that I deserve now, while I still can."

"Mom, you guys were together for all those years. Why now?", Taeyeon asked, tears flowing freely from his eyes.

"We stayed together for you and Yuri!"

"So, now it's our fault?"

"I'm sorry son, that's now what I meant.", Mrs. Hwang closed her eyes, she doesn't want her son to hate her. She looked at Taeyeon and asked, "What are you thinking, tell me. Come on. I'm your best friend, right?".

"I grew up watching you Mom, you and Dad. You just looked so happy. You made me believe that everyone has that someone destined to be with them, and now I don't even know what to think anymore. I don't know what to believe."

 

 

 

 

Arriving at the venue, Taeyeon escorted his mom on the red carpet. The pageant is for their family's own beauty line. Mrs. Hwang is one of the most known dermatologist in the country. After the red carpet, Taeyeon asked his mom if he can go to have some fresh air. 

 

He went to the balcony to look at the night sky.

 

On the other hand, Tiffany is busy flying the balloons with their wishes, adding some more wishes before releasing the balloons.

 

Taeyeon happened to see one of the balloons she released, and decided to follow where the balloons came from. 

 

Arriving at the floor, he saw a girl releasing the balloons, "Higher! Go up! Higher!", Tiffany was shouting, cheering for the balloons.

 

While Taeyeon at her back is slowly reaching out his hands for her, but is unable to do so. 

 

Taeyeon decided to speak, "Ah, Miss, I'm sorry, but you're dress, came off, can I help you with it?", Taeyeon politely asked.

"What? No. no. I can do it. Thank you.", Tiffany was so embarassed in front of a stranger, she immediately fix her dress.

"What are you doing?", Taeyeon blindly asked.

"Huh? I'm fixing my dress so I won't be in front of you?", Tiffany said, not sure if that's what the man is asking.

"I mean, the balloons", Taeyeon smiled at her.

"Ah, it's a thing between me and my sister. Our grandmother told us to tie our wishes and prayers to the balloon so that it would reach the heaven quickly", Tiffany proudly said.

"Oh. That's cute. I tried to count all the stars before.", Taeyeon unconsciously said, making Tiffany wonder, "What?"

"I just remembered." Taeyeon answered.

"Isn't it a little bit hopeless?", Tiffany asked.

"Yeah, exactly. That's exactly what I feel right now", Taeyeon said sadly.

Tiffany just looked at Taeyeon for a while before excusing herself, unable to handle the awkwardness "I have to go, I'll go back to the event".

"Okay. Take care", Taeyeon said.

 

Taeyeon leaned down, and released a sigh. 

Tiffany is walking slowly, still looking at Taeyeon. She was so curious why the man is so sad. Until she realized that she never went away from Taeyeon, she was just pacing around. She looks at Tayeon's back and asked, "Do you have a problem?"

Taeyeon was startled, he thought the girl has already left. 

"What?" he faced her.

"I just want to make sure that you won't, you know".. Tiffany said unsure of what she's dealing with.

"I won't what?", Taeyeon asked confused.

"You know.." Tiffany acted as if she was about to jump of the balcony. 

"What no. no. I won't do that" Taeyeon denied.

"So, you won't jump?" Tiffany asked, wanting to be sure.

"Yes, no. I mean, yes, I have a problem but that doesn't mean that you know. I am not that deperate to you know. Don't worry", Taeyeon reassured her.

"Okay, so, I have to go now", Tiffany said smiling.

Taeyeon smiled too, then she faced him again, "You know, no matter what your problem is, you can make it! Fighting!" Tiffany said.

"Yeah, I like that. Fighting!" Taeyeon saiid smiling widely. "Thank you"

Tiffany was about to go down the stairs when Taeyeon called her again. "Miss, may I know your name?"

"Tiffany"

"Tiffany, I'm Taeyeon", and he extended his hand for a handshake. Tiffany looked at him, they looked at each other for a while, then Tiffany accepted his hands, "Hello Taeyeon.", she smiled.

"Hello Tiffany", they reluctantly let go of each other's hands.

Tiffany then went down to go back to the event, while Taeyeon was stuck thinking about Tiffany, "Fighting!"

Tiffany looked up to the balcony and talked to herself, "In fairness, he's cute" while looking at Taeyeon and giggled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Am I boring you? I hope not. 

Please do leave some comments and subscribe.

Disclaimer: This is not my work. This is from the local drama in my country with the same title. I don't own anything.