unexpected housemate

Fragile Faith

 

My head aches. A night of piss-poor sleep has turned the mildly irritating into infuriating. Between the endless papers that keeps coming on my table and the meeting that have been dragged for almost 2 hours, I’d had it.

I rub my temple to ease the dull throb that had developed over the course of the day. Ten more minutes and I’d be done in this full-of-bull-and-crap meeting regarding the incoming project by Hachette Group if that fox, Shin Hana does not open her crappy mouth at all. Once the meeting has officially completed, I shoot from my seat and head to my cubicle as far as I could, avoiding any unwanted conversation from anybody. There’s still one hour before the office hour ends but I don’t give a damn. I don’t wanna get unlucky and pissed myself more to accept any more papers on my table. The preferred option is I grab the important papers, unfinished draft of plan, and lastly my handbag before exiting the building of 15-storey.

I drive home in a rush and it just takes me 12 minutes exactly to have myself in my own heaven and hell. Upon entering the house, I notice that the usual Nike sneaker that my housemate often wear is not there. Huh, another check-out from that dark man. The reason why I have become a bit bitter with my housemate that the fact he is a he- a man which I’ve never been dreamt to have shared my own territory to a complete stranger. However, no matter how distractible I am with a male in one roof, I can do nothing for it. It’s my own fault. It begins when I want to be a smart-, advertising one of my rooms to be rented.

Owning a house in the city of Seoul, it is a blessing for me. Except, I hate the creepiness when I lived alone, I hate having no sound in the house. I thought if I could find a renter, we could actually become best-buddy-housemates where we share our secrets, likes and dislikes and everything. Plus, I could have my housemate to be my unpaid guard when I have to go outstation. After my advertising, I got a call from A WOMAN, saying if the offer is available or not, so I say yes. She said she wants to rent my room and asks me to send the agreement form to the address she provided. A week after, I am utterly shocked to know when I got back home after work, I find out that there’s a guy watching a television in my living room! I ask for an explanation from the stranger and he calmly claims that he is MY RENTER. I wish the moment I clarify the name stamped on the agreement form, I could hit myself hard at the wall and let my stupid brain burst! As I am out of move, I have no other excuses to get his out of the house. He could sue me if I break the agreement, so basically I just need to swallow my own stupidity.

Two months pass without any big trouble- or should I say no trouble at all. We hardly talk to each other, though. He’s living in his world and I mine. We both are a busy people whom sometimes I barely see him at the house for days. Sometimes, I cook for him even though we have never sit together at the table and eat. He, on the other hand, buys some supplies to refill the refrigerator. Well, I should clap for his common sense. Other than that, we are totally stranger.

Little did I know or expected that our way of stranger life is going to be changed when he starts talking to me when I am busy drawing and planning a draft of plan. Bang Yongguk, the housemate I’ve never expected, starts to make me knowing the real meaning of nervousness.

 



Hi reader, greeting from me. I hope you'll like my story. Kindly subscribe if you like this! :)