Mister Bang

Fragile Faith

Wednesday doesn’t start out well. Nightmares keep me awake half the night and I sleep through my alarm. By the time I wake up, I am already late for my meeting Mr.Jung and all the architect teams in the company regarding the new project in Hongdae. The parking in the 1st floor is already full, so I end up parking on the very end of the basement side. The darkness and the distance from the exit creeps me out. I take the stairs instead of waiting for the fully packed elevator, aware I am making a terrible first impression of the meeting.

I’ve been worked on the draft and presentation for this Dolby Hongdae project since past four days. Hell, to think of the design and do the presentation at the same time is crazy. I have no time to spend even to gaze on space. Mr.Jung should just exclude us from involving with this one but he didn’t. Our team, Lambda has already had our hands laid on Accunature project in Busan. The fox, Shin Hana is the team leader for Accunature, so she is not around at the first place to help me out with the design. Although this project has already entered second phase, I don’t even know why the heck she’s still hanging around in Busan for the past week. She just could monitoring the project from headquarter.

 

I knock on Meeting Room 1’s door. I pray for a moment I didn’t screw anything.

 

Mr.Jung glance at me over his glass, disapproval unmistakable as he beckon me inside. The other architect fellows from other teams also shows me an annoying look, especially from the senior. I take my seat beside Mr.Kim Himchan, the senior from Beta Team, not before I flash him a small smile.

“Miss Choi, how kind of you to show up. Are you so eager to be demitted from Dolby H project already?”

“I’m sorry, Mr.Jung, my alarm –”

“Excuses are offensive. Prepare for your presentation. You’re next.”

“I’m sorry, Mr. –“

He raises a hand. “Stop talking.”

As I take out my laptop on the desk, Mr.Jung stared at me until I look away. I try not to fidget. Or cry. The two options are all bull in this situation. Actually, Mr.Jung is pleasantly my friend since my university days and he is my brother’s best friend. But when involving our job, he can be a pain in an . Maybe he got his reputation to hold, I understand that. No matter how close we are outside, he can’t slide my mistake off in front of other workers. He’s definitely not that type of man.

“I’ve been through your introductory draft, and to be honest Miss Choi, there’s nothing significant of your design. You’ll need to go through the suggested ideas from your senior by next Wednesday or you can just drop your hands off this project,” said Mr.Jung as I finish my presentation.

I look up at the sound of his pen being clicked across the table. That Daehyunass doesn’t even spare me a look. The sudden moodiness and black paint darken my sight.

“Thank you for listening to this presentation although it’s bad. Sorry, everyone.” I’m so proud that I could not get anything out as I’m pissed or else I’ll curse everyone and anyone in that room.

Mr. Jung Daehyunass sighs dramatically. “Let’s continue with Zeta team.”

 

******

 

Two freaking hours I’ve spent, in a pool of moodiness listening to all team’s presentation and discussions that I’m not interested to in. When the meeting is finally ended, I collect my things and am on my way to my cubicle. I could not afford to allow my emotion overtake my day so I’m calculating in my mind to sneak up and have a coffee across the building.

As I was just outside the meeting room, my ear gets slapped by an annoying voice of Daehyun.

“May I see you for a while, Daera.”

“Pardon me?”

“In my office, Miss Choi.” He gestures me his room.

I sigh. If he is not my freaking boss I’m gonna whack the back of his head until he knows the meaning of true pain.

 

 

“Are you mad at me?” First question flies out as I take a seat in front of him. Daehyun looks a little amused judging by his hidden smirk he’s trying so hard to hide.

“Nope. Just pissed.” I reply, sounding bored. I bite down the inside of my cheek when I hear Daehyun lets out a small laughter. Son of goat.

“Sorry, but I didn’t expect you’ve done so well.”

“Yeah, well my . What’s happen to ‘there’s nothing significant of your design’?”

Again, he laughs. “You catch that, don’t you? You are good, but Beta’s design is better. But still, I didn’t expect you to do it so well. I don’t plan to give your team the project at the first place.”

“what?”

“Huh, Daehyun you little fraud. I didn’t even get enough sleep for these past four days and you just said you didn’t even plan to give it to me? Daehyun, you are so –“

“Ahh,, as a matter of fact, Miss Choi, despite of your grumbling, I’ve chosen your team for another project."

 

******

 

It has passed 8 in the evening when I am still sitting on the couch in my living room, revising the design that has been assigned by Daehyun this afternoon. A week due isn’t going to be enough if I didn’t study the concept thoroughly but honestly speaking, I haven’t decided yet the concept I wanna work on. Piles of books have been sprawled out and covered most of the table in front of me. Still, nothing seems alright with the theme given by the client and the designs I’ve planned in my sketchbook. It already has been a crazy week since the company receives a new tender in Hongdae, and now, project ‘Treasure’ in Jeju is something beyond my expectation. Just how many tender did Daehyun receive nowadays?

 

After having lunch at our favourite restaurant, Daehyun lets me to go home early to study. Luckily, he never makes any fuss of giving his employees a break because he knows, we would finish our work no matter where in the world we are. He’s a man with perfection and open-minded. Sometimes, he would hang out with us, not minding at all the status that he holds. That’s why I am always comfortable when I’m around him.

 

            I waste no time to exchange my formal clothes completely but I do replace my skirt into a black inner short which matches my black, light-material long-sleeves shirt. I roll the sleeves up to my elbow and tie my long, dark brown hair. I don’t even wash my face from the make-up. I have been cracking my mind so hard on my design that I don’t even bother about myself or my surrounding. This is my habit, actually. When I start to focus on something, I won’t even care if there is a volcano or earthquake erupts. All I need is to finish my work, perfectly.

 

And…

I don’t even realise my housemate is home until he removes my earphone from my right ear.

 

‘What the hell,’ those words slip from my tongue as I look at him with annoyance. I really hate people disturbing me from my work that’s why I put on earphone to ignore any sound that may disturb me.

 

‘I have been calling you for five minutes.’ He says with a surprisingly deep and calm voice, washing away my anger. He wears innocent face which I find myself little amused.

 

I take off my earphone and turn to him who is sitting beside me.

 

‘I’m sorry I didn’t hear you. What is it?’

 

‘I am asking you whether you want to order something from McDonalds’ he replies. I look at his hand, which is holding black iphone.

 

‘Hurmm…..’ I am thinking what to eat. He must have realised that I’m too busy to cook and asks me as a gesture of politeness. I feel thankful, though. At least, he remembers he still HAS a housemate instead of acting like a stranger all the time.

 

‘I want a Big Mac and hot choc,’ I tell him.

 

Silence.

 

That’s how the situation becomes after I tell him what I want to eat. He seems to text someone and still playing with his handphone after several minutes. So, I choose to ignore him and take the pencil to start working on my drawing again.

 

Then again, I hear him cough, fake and loud enough that I turn my head to him. I swear I see him blush.

 

‘hurrmm…hurmmm’ he stutters, not looking at me.

 

‘What?’ I speak with a bit annoyance in my voice.

 

‘that….’ He looks at me shyly.

 

‘whaaat?!!’ I ask him again.

 

‘your sh.. your shirt,’ he points at my chest my with an iphone at his hand.

 

I quickly look down to my chest and I am shocked for myself. My shirt is ing down to my rib, enough to reveal my pink-blue bra I’m wearing at the moment.

 

‘.’ I curse myself. But quickly, I try to not to look so awkward in front of him.

 

‘Oh, I am sorry. I didn’t realise when did it….’ I unfinished my sentence on purpose, hastily button myself again.

 

He doesn’t reply me but he just stands up and walks to the kitchen. Then I hear him yelling me, ‘the food will be arrived in ten.’

 

This time, I choose not to reply him. Instead, I put back my earphone on, trying to ignore him and starting to focus again, if I could.

 

Damn! My mind is distracted by his image that keeps playing in front of my eyes.

 

Only now, I have realised that I have quite interesting housemate that is attractive enough to divert me from my work. Even though I’ve just seen him closely from a couple of minutes, I could tell how different he is from other guys I’ve met before. I notice that he has a pair of lazy eyes, hurmm…how do I say this, big nose? Ahh..not that ugly type but more to big, manly nose. Perfect lips, black hair, obvious jaw line, long neck and fine body. The way he wears his plain black t-shirt and tracksuit is comfortable enough to be looked at. I think he’s not that fussy type.

 

I’ve never looked at him closely enough before. I just know that he is taller and bigger than me which explain his snobby attitude enough. I don’t think he is handsome enough to act cocky but now, from this moment I realise that he has everything to act cool and arrogant.

 

BANG YONGGUK.

 

I call out the name from my mouth before trying hard to focus on my drawing again.

 



A/N: yeay for my and only subscriber. :)

others: ........loading.....