The voices of the future

The Book of the Dragon

This young guy met me at the gate. He opened the gate for me without a word. I suppose he were the son of the Kim's. He followed me inside the house and to this big livingroom. The old couple who have been trying to adobt me for years came to me with a big smile and the woman greeted me with a warm embrace. "What brings you here child?" She asked. I looked down and answered "I am to acept your request of adobting me" The man gently pushed my back ith his hand "Why don't we sit down and talk?" I nodded and sat down on the couch looking down. The man then asked "What made you change your mind, dear?" I silently answered "I have a request. I need your help." The woman sat beside me "What can we do for you?" I bit my lips together before answering "My orphange needs money. If we don't get them fast we will have to close down." The couple looked at the young man "Jin, What do you say?" The man asked. The you man, Jin looked at me for a moment "I will go upstairs and ask Bobby what we should do." The couple nodded and Jin went upstairs. I wondered who this Bobby could be and why he were the one to decide my fate? Even though the Kim's act this nice and caring to me I had to fight something inside me that really desired to hurt them. I were worried that once I stop telling myself not to hurt them a single touch would kill them. I hated them. Everything inside of me hated them. This whole situation made me sick. What if they ever find out I am a monster? What would they do to me and the orphange?

I looked around and a painting caught my eye and I got those strange images again. This man getting his heart ripped off by me. I could feel his heartbeat in my hands. I walked to the painting of a young man. The man from my vision "Excuse me, but who is on this painting?" The man walked to the painting "That is one of our ancestors. The King of the Jin state from about 20 centuries in the past." I looked at the painting and everything inside of me wanted to rip that painting. I felt drawn to it like it were my fate to ruin this painting. "What happened to him?" I asked and the man looked at me wit a questioning expression "The stories say his heart got ripped out by a bronze dragon." I were shocked and looked at him. He laughed "But that is just an old story" He went back to his seat. I took a good look at the painting. This is a living proof that I am not insane. All these thing actually happened. All these images are real. So all this is really memories of a past life? If so, why did I see myself kill him if the story said it were a dragon? What did he do since I feel this strong desire to kill him? Is it my fate to kill the Kim's? Is that why they want to adobt me, to get rid of me?

I went back to the couch and asked "Why me? Why do you want to adobt me so bad?" The couple looked at each other with a questioning look and I heard the voice of a young man behind me "Because that is Bobby's wish" I turned around and saw that guy Jin came back. "But why?" Jin looked at the couple, ignoring my question and said "Bobby express interest in buying that place and let miss Song run it herself as he will take care of the economy. He will offer them all the money they'll need from now on." I couldn't beieve my ears. that were too good to be true. I looked at Jin who showed no emotions at all and then looked at the old couple who seemed to be as shocked as I was. I wondered who this Bobby could be and why he had so much power he could just make decisions like that on his own. He had to be the head of the family since the couple seemed to obey his orders. I looked back at Jin "What do he want in return? I'm not naive enough to believe he would just do that for someone he've never met." Jin took a deep breath and looked away "You will have to marry him in return" I felt offended and angry along with the shock. "You gotta be kidding me!" Jin shook his head "Well there is no other way. That is Bobby's wish." He looked me in the eyes "Unless you of course isn't interested in his offer you are welcome to go back to where you ame from." I felt pissed by his attitude and this whole situation. I felt pissed over that Bobby guy who thought he could just decide the fate of others like that. Like I were just a thing. Mrs. Kim said to me "Please consiter the offer. You can sleep on it and come back if you came to a decision." I looked at them all one by one "But why? And why is Bobby not here? Don't I at least deserve to meet him before deciding if I want to spend the rest of my life with him?" I were upset and walked to the door "I'm sorry but I am not for sale like that." I pointed at Jin "And you tell this Bobby that he may buy big houses and expensive cars but he can NEVER buy me! Not even all the money in the world wold make me consiter marrying such a shallow and material person as him." I opened the door and left their house.

As my hand grabbed the gate a hand took a strong grib on my wrist. I turned my head to see who it was and it were that Jin guy. As his eyes met mine I got another vision. I saw this little scrawny blindfolded boy. A soldier, a little weak soldier. I didn't feel intimidated by him at all but suddenly he pointed his sword at me and peirced my heart. There were othing I could do to save myself. My powers didn't work on him. I looked at Jin and he were nothing like that guy from my vision so why? “Miss Song, I don't think you know how important this is for yourself.” He said and I pulled my hand back “But why me? Why does it have to be me of all people? Can't you find another girl?” He took a hurtful grib on my shoulders and looked into my eyes “Think carefully Miss Song. Think about those who took care of you your whole life. Bobby can give you a better life than you can ever imagine! This is for your own sake Miss Song!” I opened the gate “I do not need his money to be happy!” I closed the gate and he locked the gate whispering as he looking into my eyes “This is not a matter of happiness or money, this is about life and death.”