It's Your Birthday So Go Hide

A Foxy Time

 

Request: Have them play hide and seek! And celebrate Kibum's own birthday

 

“Forty-five, forty-six, forty-seven, forty-eight, forty-nine, fifty! I’m coming!” Onew called and turned around, looking if he saw someone standing directly behind him but of course that wasn’t the case. No one could so much at playing hide and seek after all.

“Where could they be?” he wondered and started searching for the four others.

First of all he went to the kitchen, looking under the table and chairs and opened a few cabinets. Kibum would have been able to cheat after all but he didn’t find the small boy in the kitchen and the others didn’t fit in any of the cupboards so he left this room behind and went to the next one.

He looked underneath the couch, lying flat on the ground but he didn’t find anyone there either. Onew tapped against his chin with his index finger and let his eyes wander around the room until they fell onto the armchair, a smirk sneaking onto his face. There was a corner behind it so it would be the perfect hiding spot.

With a triumphant yell he jumped onto the arm chair and looked behind it, tapping Taemin’s head who hid behind the piece of furniture.

“Man, I thought this was a good spot,” the maknae complained. “Am I the first one you found?” he asked and Onew nodded with a grin as Taemin pouted even more.

“Next round is your turn,” the oldest said teasingly and Taemin tried to slap him while he climbed out of his hiding spot.

Together they continued their search and found Minho in his closet a while later. Now only Jonghyun and Kibum remained.

The fox was pretty good at hiding since he could fit and fit into small spaces as well. Jonghyun had seemingly also found a good spot since it took them another few minutes until they finally found him in the storage room behind the washing machine.

“Now we only have to find Kibum,” Minho said. “Wherever he might be…”

“You didn’t find him yet?” Jonghyun asked surprised because it had already been quite a while since Onew had started searching and he had thought he was the last one but it seemed liked Kibum had hid even better than him.

Everyone search through one room but they didn’t find the fox anywhere until Onew spotted something unusual in Jonghyun room. One of the drawers of his closet were opened slightly and he went over to it, pulling it out completely and smiling softly at what he saw.

“Guys, come here,” he called quietly and a few moments later everyone had gathered around him.

Taemin couldn’t stop snickering and the other two had to smile as well. It was simply too cute to resist even as a grown man.

Kibum had somehow gotten into the drawer where Jonghyun kept all kind of scarfs and hats and had snuggled up in the middle, fast asleep at the very moment. He had curled up into a small fur ball, his nose hidden behind his tail and his eyes closed, the small frame slowly rising and falling with quiet breaths.

“He can fall asleep anywhere,” Minho said amazed, chuckling as Jonghyun shook his head and went over to the fox, his back and calling his name to wake him up.

“No surprise we couldn’t find him, the drawer was almost closed,” Onew said and watched how Kibum woke up and first of all stretched before he rolled onto his back and pulled his legs close to his body so Jonghyun could pet his stomach, his tail wagging a few times. He always did that when he woke up during the day after taking a nap.

“Now come on, sleepy head,” Jonghyun said and lifted the disorientated fox out of the drawer, freeing him from one of two hats that had gotten caught in his small claws. He sat him down on the ground where the small animal shook himself before he yawned and his snout, sitting down on Minho’s right foot.

They went back to the kitchen and Kibum hopped onto the table, looking at the other four happily because this game was actually a lot of fun.

“Okay now it’s Taemin’s turn,” Onew announced and the maknae whined.

“Okay, okay then ready…” Kibum pressed his chest against the table, tail waving in the air.

“Set…” His body tensed, ready to jump.

“Go!” In a flash the fox had already dashed out of the kitchen, running to find a new good sleeping spot hiding spot.

The four other guys stayed in the kitchen and looked at each other.

“Now?” Jonghyun asked and everyone nodded, getting to work.

Today was a big day for Kibum, it was his birthday and everyone knew he had only celebrated it as a child so they wanted to surprise him and throw a small party in their apartment.

Of course it was a bit difficult because Kibum always clung to Jonghyun like a leech and he would have probably stumbled upon their preparations if they didn’t lock him in a room and no one wanted to do that to the poor little animal. He’d probably run riot in that room…

Hurriedly everyone took care of their task. Balloon were either hung up or simply put onto the floor, Onew lit the candles on the cake they had made, Minho spread paper streamers everywhere and Jonghyun got the presents out of the storage room where they had hid them in a small box so Kibum wouldn’t stumble upon them during his roaming around and searching for warm sleeping places.

“Is everything ready?” the dino asked and his friends nodded. Now they only had to find Kibum…

Luckily they found after only a minute of searching. This time the fox had hid in the bathtub and whined as Jonghyun finally lifted him out of it as if he was happy that he didn’t have to stay in that thing any longer.

The puppy-eyed male carried him to the living room that was decorated with colorful balloons and paper streamers much to Kibum surprise who had no idea what this was supposed to mean. He was sure this hadn’t been like this before.

“Happy Birthday!” everyone shouted and Kibum jumped in surprise, looking at everyone with big eyes before he turned to Jonghyun as if he was waiting for an explanation.

The older sat him down on the ground and the fox shifted only a second later. “W-what’s going on?” he asked slightly confused and Jonghyun grinned and put a small crown onto Kibum’s head who touched it in surprise, having no idea what the hell was going on here.

“Happy Birthday~” Jonghyun sang one more time and hugged the still surprised boy, ushering him to sit down at the living room table.

Taemin was the first to his present into the blonde’s hands who looked at it and then him with big eyes.

“You’re supposed to open it,” the maknae laughed at the other’s confused expression that now turned into realization after blinking a few times.

Carefully Kibum opened the present and revealed a black hat with two large (larger than in the picture) ears.

“See you can even fit your ears in it!” Taemin shouted excitedly and put the hat onto a stunned Kibum, adjusting his ears and leaning back with a satisfied grin.

The blonde carefully tried to move his ears and it actually worked. Now he wouldn’t be cold during winter anymore although it would probably still take a while before he could use it but he was still grateful.

“Thank you,” he said and smiled happily, not noticing how Jonghyun looked at him with hearts in his eyes because he looked so freaking adorable with that new hat.

Minho was next and he had gotten Kibum a big coloring bock, a sketch book and a bunch of pencils. The fox squealed excitedly and bounced on his spot on the floor, beyond happy about the gift because lately he had been really into drawing but Jonghyun didn’t allow him to draw wherever he wanted so he was happy to finally have a book for his drawings.

Onew had gotten him a fluffy blanket he could use for sleeping so he wouldn’t too cold once winter fully hit the country and finally it was Jonghyun’s turn ho took out a small boy that was wrapped up in pink wrapping paper.

Kibum opened it just as carefully as he had every other present and took out a beautiful bracelet, in the matching pink color of his collar, with some charms attached to it.

“Do you like it?” Jonghyun asked and Kibum nodded his head furiously, his gaze still locked onto the gift in his hand.

“Then come on, I’ll help you put it on.”

A few seconds later Kibum stared at his wrist with sparkling eyes before he turned to Jonghyun and kissed his cheek.

“Thank you,” he said and smiled from ear to ear.

“CAKE!” Taemin then yelled and everyone dug in happily, eating more than they should but there was no one to scold them anyway.

This had been Kibum’s best birthday ever.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Weeeh I'm back! *applause from all sides*

Okay I'm sorry if this sounds kind of crappy because I wrote it down in one go in the matter of maybe...an hour? Maybe less...I can't remember.

A lot of people have requested / a heat period so I'll probably write that next but I can't promise anything because if I'm in a really happy or bad mood I can't write ...you know it's kind of difficult with that genre so I can't promise that the next chapter will be . I can never hold my promises so...yeah xD

Hope you liked it and see ya all next time~

*Chapter is not corrected*