Today's Paper

Movie Star

Yunho and Changmin are both getting ready for their interview. It's their first interview in a while, but they’re promoting their recently released single and there is more interest in their group now. They are going over the script for the interview so they will have their answers ready and thought out beforehand.

“What body part do you like the most of the other member?” Changmin mumbles to himself, “the fans will love this question.”

He glances at Yunho, who is reading the script but also seems to zone out occasionally.

“Hyung what are you going to say? Will you say my is the best?” Changmin snickers at the thought of the fans going wild over that, but then realizes Yunho isn't paying attention.

“Hey! Yunho!” Changmin hits him lightly, “Are you even listening to me?”

Yunho blinked back to reality, “Yeah I heard you, great idea, of course, um, yeah.”

Changmin merely raised his eyebrows and shook his head silently to himself, while thinking about how hopeless this leader is.

“Also, they are going to ask if we're interested in-"

"Ah!" Yunho yelled as his phone fell on the floor. He told Changmin to continue talking. Yunho's scream startled Changmin because it isn't often that he zones out thinking too hard.

“It wasn’t important, we can just improvise on the answers, they aren’t anything serious" Changmin replies.

They’re called out on the stage and the MC's are waiting there. One special MC caught their attention and they inwardly frowned. She is known for trying to pry into celebrity lives and twist words into what they don’t mean. They prayed she wouldn’t give them any trouble.

The interview started and flowed smoothly. Yunho's thoughtful responses gave a mature mood, and Changmin's witty comments kept it light and fun, so there was a nice balance.

The interview had gone on for a while and Yunho finally loosened up and talked more freely. The woman noticed his change in atmosphere and thought to ask the juicy questions now.

"So, Yunho, I hear you haven't dated yet?"
The MC lightly prodded at the talk of a relationship.
Laughter poured out of Yunho, they were getting older and even Changmin has dated, yet he still hasn't 'found the right one' and this small fact wasn’t unknown among fans.

"No," A smile. " I am still single--and ready to mingle!"

The MC seemed to have known this. She directed her next question carefully.

"You both performed at a concert festival recently, right? Did any groups catch your eye?"

Changmin started to become aware of the shift in the questions she was asking, she seemed to imply at something but he didn’t know what.

Yunho answered first, "I think the girl group Secret was interesting--especially their main vocalist, she had a nice, pure voice."

The woman MC latched onto this information like a hook. "Ah! You showed some interest in Song Jieun then, right?"

"Yeah, she has an appealing aura about her"

The MC started to reel Yunho in, almost ready to grasp her catch.

"Would you say you're interested in her romantically?"

It was by then that Yunho realized his mistake.

Changmin thought to save him, and blurted out, "well of course he's interested! She's South Korea's angel, their savior, the most beautiful, purest of voice, the group has everything plus more, and their maknae is cute! And have you heard their ballads?"

Changmin made a mock wiping sweat off forehead gesture, and he almost continued, almost, until with one look at Yunho, he realizes he probably only made the situation worse. Yunho stared at Changmin exasperatedly, this kid only ever fanned the flames. Changmin mouthed a silent sorry to him and his eyes begged for forgiveness.

Yunho decided to cut the interview there, and hoped, their thoughtless words would not affect them too much.

It's not so bad, he thought. He only complimented her, nothing too serious. Yunho rubbed his forehead in worry and dreaded when the interview would post.

-

"Hey Changmin."

“...”

"Hey! Changmin get up!"

Changmin mumbled incoherently but didn’t budge an inch.

Yunho sighed and resorted to the never fail tactic of his.

His loud voice boomed through the apartment, "Oh well, I mean, I guess I'll have to eat all this food, specially made by me, all to myself!"

The speed at which Changmin got up caused his head to bump on the wall, like the other billion times Yunho has done this. This kid is really hopeless, he thinks.

“Food! Where?”

Changmin looks around eagerly for the food, drool already forming in his mouth at the thought of what Yunho cooked up. Yunho thought to put him out of his delusional misery.

“Changmin the interview is out! Let's hope we are saved!"

“Ah Yunho it's only that?" Changmin grumbled, "then let me go back to sleep."

Yunho thought to try to wake him again but decided against it, he already bruised the poor boy. He would put a band-aid on that small red bump forming on his head later on.

Yunho felt anxious about what the comments would be. They have possessive fans, and he feared any misunderstanding could turn into a scandal.

He asked his manager earlier when the interview would come out, "It will be published in tomorrow's paper of Music Daily"

It is now tomorrow, and Yunho jitters around nervously while waiting for his manager to get back with the paper. A gnawing feeling grows in the pit of his stomach and Yunho just might throw up from his nervousness.

The doorknob turns and Yunho flies towards the door, taking the newspaper from the managers hands before he even realizes it. His eyes scan through the paper and his nervousness slowly goes away.

It. It is perfectly alright. Their words aren't altered. It turned out perfectly fine.

Yunho lets out a sigh of relief. A chuckle erupts from his system, and it turns into a full out guffaw.

The manager eyes Yunho weirdly, and he mouths to Changmin, who is walking tiredly down the stairs, not to pay any attention to the insane leader.

Yunho feels as if a heavy weight has been lifted off his chest. He can finally breathe now.

“So, I'm assuming everything turned out alright...?” Changmin questions Yunho.

“Yeah, thankfully.”

Changmin looks skeptical at the situation. “Did you look at the fans comments response also?”

“What?”

Changmin sighs as if he knew this would happen, “You know, the interviews usually get released online before the actual physical copy, right?”

“What...”

“Also, sometimes the online version might have different wording than the paper copy, so for all we know, there's a possibility it was in fact edited.”

“... What...”

Changmin simply ignores him, it can't possibly be this serious. He decided to check online himself, since Yunho is useless.

Changmin pulls out his cellphone and searches online for the interview.

He finds the article and quickly scrolls down to the comment section, he's not sure what he will find there but he hopes, beyond hope, that it will be good.

Reading the article to himself, only his facial expressions can clue Yunho in to what exactly the comments are. The silence is deafening to Yunho's ears, he really can't take it anymore.

“What are they saying!” He practically screams, “Is it good? Positive?”

Changmin chuckles teasingly, “These comments are something,” he hands the phone over to Yunho, “here see for yourself.”

Yunho's reads the top comments and his eyes practically bulge out of his sockets.

“The article is the same, but I am doomed,” Yunho starts to exaggeratingly sulk, “Jieun's fans are going to murder me.”

 

Changmin rolls his eyes, “I think you will be fine. Apparently Jieun hasn't dated in forever so some of them are encouraging this.” Changmin sighed, “I still don't understand why you said that, I mean, even if she did catch your eye, you could have avoided this.”

“I don't know, I just don't know.” 


A/N: ahh...to everyone who subscribed to this story, I'm sorry I took so long updating >.< At the time I started writing this I didnt know tvxq that well, and then later on when I knew them better I reread all my chapters and I kind of felt awkward about it because I felt like I characterized them wrong, or made them too out of character. And so yeah...idk I felt kind of embarrassed about that so I kind of maybe sorta abandoned the story for a while >< which was dumb because I really liked this story!so yeah... but like in this chapter Yunho said "single and ready to mingle" and idk that doesnt sound like anything he would say so....yeah...Also Changmin also acted kind of weird to me idk, but I guess since this is just a fanfic they can act questionably and it won't matter lol. This chapter was kind of short so the next chapter will be out soon! I think Jieun will surprise Yunho with a visit and yell at him or something, maybe ;) 

I hope you like this chapter! ^o^