Three

First Love

They danced away as the sweet melody continued to play, every hook and every catch of the tune touched a spot on their hearts, as if retelling their story. His strong arms came up to  her back, and encircled her waist in a tight squeeze. She smiled, and he could feel it from the side of his cheek, where their faces touched. He pulled back to take a good look at her face. She looked up at him with expecting eyes. His hands came up to her face, brushing the tendrils of her hair away , and traced the creases of her smile lines.  She closed her eyes to reminice his touch, to savor the feeling of his smooth palm on her soft skin. She remembered the times when instead,  she would feel calloused and rough fingers touching her, her hair, and feeling her all over.  She loved it, she loved how all the hardships made him the young man he was, but she welcomed the new feeling and the much more matured man in front of her with equal glee.

“What are you thinking?” Hanbin asked with a curious smile on his face.

“Nothing” She answered with a secretive smile.

“Ooh, keeping secrets now, are we?” Hanbin raised his eyebrows, but she can hear the amused tone in his voice.

She chuckled “I never keep secrets from you.”

“Yeah, but that doesn’t mean you always told me everything” He scoffed playfully.

She smiled at his words, the words she had been wanting to said hanged at the tip of her tongue, but she smiled and held back. Later, she thought. She’ll tell him later.

 

She hummed along with the song, as she pulled him closer.  She drowned on her thoughts, her memories shined a bright light.

 

 

 

Hanbin has always been her best friend. He had  always been her best friend first. They had been inseperable since the day he retrieved her lost toy ring that got misplaced and buried in the sand box at the playground. They had been inseparable since he smacked the hand of a boy who had been pulling on her pig tail with a stick, on the way home from elementary school.  They had been inseparable since she saved him from agressive and pushy middle-school seniors that had been shamelessly flirting at him. They were inseparable since she gave him his first valentine’s day chocolate at the high school hallways, her insisting that it was just a friendship chocolate, too busy blushing to notice that as he stuttered his thanks, his hands slightly trembled like hers. They had been inseparable since he confessed her feelings to her when they were sitting on the swings at the playground when they first met, after a tiring day of cramming for university exam,  bodies then leaning closer, and lips shyly touched.

 

She sticked by his side even after he abandoned his studies at the university, majoring in economics, to pursue his dream as a music composer. Even after his parents got so nearly to cut ties with him, she was the one who persuaded both his parents and him, until both sides came to an understanding.

He, too, stood by her side when her mother passed away, he continued to grip her hands tightly as she sobbed with loss. But when the memorial had ended, he secretly cried in front of the altar.

He stayed loyal to her through her two years of study abroad. He only smiled and encouraged her when she had express her desire to continue studying event organizing. She had felt a little bit sad when he sent her off with no reluctance, but the thought disappeared when he had hugged her tightly, and hesitated to let go at the airport right before her flight was called.

 

They stood by each other through hardships, fights, arguments, and distance, they stood by each other for so long.

 

He was her first friend, her first crush, first valentine, and her first love.

 

 

 

“See. You’re spacing out again.” Hanbin Flicked her nose.

“Aigoo, why do you have to ruin the moment.” Hayi slapped his arms.

“Don’t think about me too much, when you have me in front of you right now” He smirked smugly, his dimples showed.

“Cocky much?” She smiled and poked his dimples.

 

The song was nearing to its end, and the people dancing around them has started to disperse from the dancefloor. They sway slowly to a stop, arms still embracing each other, with smiles on their face.

 

“Ah. Earlier, Bommie noona said she was totally  delighted about your big news, and she was surprised when i told her i didn’t know about such thing. She said you should told me yourself. What was it?” Hanbin asked curiously, with a hint of worry on his face.

 

Hayi was caught off guard by his question. Sure, she had planned to tell him, but the question came up so suddenly and she hadn’t prepared to deliver him the news. “I...” She trailed.

 

“What’s wrong Hayi-ah?” He asked again, a little bit guarded this time.

 

“No! Nothing’s wrong, it’s a good news. I'm.. just caught a little bit off guard..” She trailed off. Both her hands came up to her stomach instinctively.

 

She looked down and cleared , before she looked up to his face and finally blurted out the words “I’m pregnant Hanbin-ah”.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I'm back! Sorry for the wait! ^^

Thak you for the comments guys! thi one's for you~

 

oh and sorry for any mistakes, this one hasn't been properly edited

 

enjoy! I'll try to update faster!!