One

First Love

“Hayi-ah!!!!”

She snapped back from her thoughts as she heard a rather loud but melodic voice calling her name. And her face instantly brightens. “Unnie!!!” She called back to the older girl.

 

Park Bom skipped her way to her despite wearing a pair of shoes with ridiculously tall heels. She was clad in a hot red body con dress and would already be garnering attention, even without her loud squeals.“OMO!! Hayi-ah congratulations!!!!”  Bom squeezed her arms around Hayi, suffocating the smaller girl.

 

“U-nnie- can’t- breathe—“ Hayi choked out.

 

“OMO! Sorry Hayi-ah! What was i thinking!” Bom immidiately unclasped her iron grip, and Hayi exhaled in relief. Bom proceeded to brush imaginary dust out of her dress. Hayi giggled “Unnie- stop it! Yah, what are you doing when you are wearing a dress like that, aigoo.”

 

“No not a word of it, you’re the queen today, i will act as your lady-in-waiting as of today.” Bom muttered as she fussed over the wrinkles on Hayi’s dress.

 

Once the older girl managed to take a proper look at Hayi’s face, she whined endearingly “Our baby!!! Hayi-aah.... look at you glow!!! Omo.. you’re really a grown-up now huh?? Unnie’s getting old... I need to get married too, fast!”

 

Hayi let out a small laugh. “Unnie, what are you talking about, you’re still young, succesful, and still y as ever! What’s the use for you to get married??”

 

“Yah, are you cursing me to go solo forever?? This iness won’t last forever, and i need some lovin’ too you know??” Bom swatted her arms while exclaiming loudly.

 

Bom heaved a sigh while looking  around at her surroundings “But Hayi-ah, this wedding is positively lovely, you really do have a great taste, you know?”

 

Hayi just was about to appreciate the praise, when bom cut her in “ And the food!! The corn crab salad was divine!! It’s like you made the menu with me on your mind!!” she fawned.

 

Hayi laughed while shaking her head. This unnie, really.

“You know, i’m not the one in charge of the catering.” Replied Hayi. Bom nodded her head knowingly. “And this wedding wasn’t entirely planned by me, He helped some too.” Hayi added.

 

“Ah! Yes! Speaking about that, where’s this husband of yours?? I have yet to congratulate him!” Bom said while looking around the crowd.

 

“Should be with the boys, i think. Just look for the open bar. They surely would crowd around the booze.” Hayi sneered.

 

“Tsk, what is he doing, leaving his princess to stand here alone and become a wall-flower? I need to teach him some lesson.” Bom said with annoyed expression.

 

“Leave him be, unnie.” Hayi scolded Bom. “ He haven’t seen the boys in a long time, they’ve all been so busy, just let them catch up.”

 

“Ah well, i need to go get my self some liquid anyway, this dress is so tight, i swear, i feel like i’m in a sauna.”  Dismissed Bom “You’ll be fine for a moment right Hayi?”

 

Hayi just waved her hand to signal her okay.

 

As Bom saunter over to the open bar, Hayi was once again left to her own thoughts. She quickly got bored and looked around to spot  for some familiar face. But the crowd already lessened, as the event  was slowly coming to end.

 

She finally spotted his face, and a giddy smile slowly creeped to her face. He was leaning against the bar table, holding a glass of champagne while he chattered  away with Bom. He looked so handsome, with his perfectly fitted tuxedo, and a stem of purple lilac tucked in his pocket.  

 

As if their thoughts are connected, he turned his face and met her gaze. His face instantly brightens and his pouty lips slowly curls into a child-like smile.

 

And at that moment, all conversations around them turned into a slow and quiet hum, and in her mind, they joined hands while slowly tracing back the streams of the past, with smiles, and this time, together.

 

So sweetly, like a lie
I walked with you in my dream

When my footsteps are left alone again
I get lost and wander but still, I wait for you

Lee Hi - Dream

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are your thoughts so far??

Who do you want him to be??

Let me know and leave your comments below! ^^

Kamsahamnida!!