Final

Of Principal's Office and Reassurance

 

It wasn’t much of a surprise for Minseok when his husband burst into his office, on the verge of hyperventilating. It doesn’t even surprise him any further when Luhan told him that Jongdae’s principal had called and requested a meeting with the both of them. Again.

It doesn’t even frighten him anymore and Minseok honestly doesn’t get why Luhan was still so nervous, like it was the first time. It happened so many times now, he thought Luhan would at least take it like a stroll in the park, well, at least he did.

Tapping his fingers on the steering wheel, Minseok hummed a song that had been stuck in his head all day long. He remember hearing it on the radio this morning, something along the lines of an animal growling or something, he doesn’t really remember.

“Minseok!” Luhan hissed. Minseok allowed his eyes to dart over the passenger seat and raised a brow.

“Yeah?”

“Stop it. How are you still humming in a situation like this?”

“In a situation like what?” Luhan’s frown deepened and he huffed in annoyance.

“We’re being called to the principal’s office, Minseok. Jongdae must be in trouble!” Stopping at the red light, Minseok reached over and pulled Luhan towards him, pressing a kiss on his temple but only for Luhan to push him away. Minseok shrugged and chuckled.

“Relax, Lulu. Chenchen probably pranked his teacher or his classmates again.”

A glare was thrown his direction and Minseok learnt to shut up.

“What if, this time, something happened to Jongdae? Maybe he fell and broke his-”

“Then I’m pretty sure we would be meeting at the hospital.”

“What if he’s lost?”

“Then we would be contacted by the police instead.” Having nothing else to retort with, Luhan pursed his lips and crossed his arms.

“Trust me, Lu, Jongdae would be fine.”

“Doubt so.” Luhan mumbled under his breath before raising his voice. “Can’t you drive faster?”

“I’m driving fast enough, Lu, besides, we would be reaching soon.”

“How fast is soon? Why couldn’t I born with the power of teleportation instead?”

“Telekinesis is an awesome power too, Lu-" A glare shot at him. “I’ll shut up.”

It took them full 12 minutes worth of Luhan’s whines before they were finally seated in the principal’s office.

“Is Jongdae alright?” Luhan asked. The bald man leaned back on his chair and nursed the tidbit of information. Minseok could see that Luhan was ready to jump out of his seat to grab the principal by the neck. He slip his hand into Luhan’s and gave his hand a squeeze, hoping that it would calm the other man a little.

“He’s fine.” The principal finally said. “However, Mr Kim, Jongdae’s behavior today is unacceptable.”

“What do you mean? What did Jongdae do?”

“He got into a fight with one of his classmate today during recess and he used his powers. He used telekinesis, hitting the boy with a rock and electrified the other party a little. Thankfully, Kim Jongdae was stopped before he could do any more damage.” The principal explained, sending a disapproving look to both parents. Minseok frowned. The situation was much serious than he thought. Minseok knew his son was playful but he would never use his powers on others on a prank.

“When he is first admitted to this school, I specifically told the both of you that if Jongdae uses his powers, he would be suspended. Now that this happened, I believe-”

“Hold on.” Minseok interrupted. “Did you investigate what happened?”

“Of course, we did, Mr Kim.”

“Have you even ask Jongdae what he did that?”

“No but I believe that there is no reason to-”

“Shouldn’t you listen to both sides of the story? Jongdae can be mischievous at times but he would never hurt someone else unless he’s provoked.” The principal sighed and picked up the phone, calling his secretary to send Jongdae in. The six-year-old came running in seconds later, bawling as he dashed into Luhan’s embrace.

Softening his voice, Minseok turned to his son and patted his head, “Chenchen, tell papa what happened.”

Jongdae turned over to his other father and sniffed.

“This kid called me mean names and said bad things about papa and baba and I got angry. Chenchen’s sorry, papa!!” With that, the child burst into tears once more and Minseok’s jaw tighten.

“It’s alright, Jongdae.” Luhan cooed. “What did the kid say?”  

“H-he said that Chenchen is weird for having two papa and powers and that I came from hell. Baba, Chenchen didn’t come from hell, right?” Luhan and Minseok shared a glance.

Minseok turned back to the principal with a glare. He was way beyond angry. He was furious. No one treats his son like that.

“When my husband and I first send Jongdae here, we were told that every kid here is treated fairly but clearly, we were told the wrong information.” Minseok growled. “If a mere six-year-old is already saying things like this, what is he going to be when he grows up? I thought the school is supposed to provide a good education but what had the school been teaching if a student is displaying attitude like this. My son here was called names. This is bullying yet my son, the one being bullied, is being called the bully. I expected something more from this school and now, I think you may receive a call from the school board really soon.” With that, Minseok gathered Jongdae in his arms and pulled Luhan out of the room, leaving the school premises.

“Papa, is Chenchen from hell?”

“Jongdae,” Luhan spoke instead. “Don’t ever think like that. You were born like everyone else, just that you are special, just like Papa and I. We will always love you for you are.”

“Chenchen’s sorry, papa.” Jongdae mumbled in Minseok’s neck. Minseok sighed and hugged the boy tighter.

“No, it’s okay, Jongdae. What you did was right. You stand up for yourself but the way you did it was wrong. For now, you would be staying at home and we would train and teach you ourselves.”

“But the next time someone call you bad names,” Minseok said as he pecked Jongdae on his cheek. “Freeze the water into ice when they’re drinking. Papa will teach you that.”


A/N: In the midst of all this drama, I wrote this to cope with the pain. I hope you liked this though so do leave subscribe, comment and upvote (if you want). If you had a bad day, I hoped this cheered you up :)