The new job

Love in words

 

12/01/2012

It was little after Christmas, the ugly weather when it's cold enough to snow and a moment later it's warm again, so the roads were full of pools and mud. I started working in the new job that Hyukjae, the man I had a slightly crush on, recommended me to. It was amazing how everyone knew I got the job thanks to him even before I managed to find my way to the future boss of mine. On the other hand, I was there, I didn't have to pass any interview and the salary was pretty much good.

If you imagine any kind of cool secretary in suit that knows everything, commands everyone, walks around with black files and is the right hand of the boss, you are wrong. Why am I saying it? Because I'd imagined myself as an assistent like that.

But I only wear the suit.

What I just described is actually job which does the main assistent Mister Leeteuk, me and other ten people are his 'sup' assistents. That's I believe what they call each other.

After a year of drooling and observing I finally knew what Hyukjae does for living. He was an publish editor.

The papers and all the scolding made a sense now, right?

However, I didn't work for Hyukjae, but for his collegue Mister Choi Siwon. I worked there for a week and I still hadn't a chance to see him. I was only making coffee (for Mister Choi, Mister Leeteuk and my coworkers - that's right, I was this low), bringing papers from our office to Mister Leeteuk's office, to the deparment of finance and to the department of typography.

05/02/2012

At the end of my first month I made some friends. And I also started to smoke. Because apparently people like you more when you smoke with them. And that's how I ended up with Cho Kyuhyun and Kim Heechul. Kyuhyun was from my office and Heechul was from Hyukjae's office.

But except of the smoke breaks, we didn't interacted more.

Till the end of January I still haven't met Hyukjae nor Mister Choi, even though I spent more than twelve hours in the work every day. Feelings for Hyukjae faded away and excitement from the new job as well. On the other hand, I had the feeling I had found my dream job.

Later, I asked Heechul how to become the publish editor. I asked him, because he was fond of me as a hyung of his dongsaeng and wouldn't laugh at me just like Kyuhyun would do for sure. Nevertheless, according to Heechul, it was out of the question. I could never get promoted to the point I'd become editor. Only thing I could do was apply for that position and get through. But the company wasn't looking for anyone at the moment, just pure bad luck.

 

23/02/2012

My brother Donghwa called me in the middle of February and asked me if he and his wife Yoona could bother me for a few nights. Yoona would love to see Seoul, so they decided to pay me a visit. It was not like I could refuse them, but my flat was not really worth its name, better one would be "bedroom-plus-small-kitchen-with-an-open-bathroom-in-the-bedroom". But they came anyway.

Yoona was very kind woman. I think I would totally fall for her if I only liked women. She and Donghwa made a nice couple, they literally shined with happiness and despite of my native bitterness, I was happy for them. We spent together delightful evening and the rest of their visit they went in for sightseeing.

 

01/03/2012

Finally, at the end of February I met Mister Choi. He was young and very handsome man. I inwardly decided to call him Siwon when speaking about him.

We met in his office where I actually shouldn't be, but he was supposed to be out and Kyuhyun wanted me to put there a new book that just came in instead of him, so he could go on a date.

And I was just reading the book I had brought in, when a loud "Excuse me" startled me to the point that I dropped the book.

 "What are you doing here?" He seemed more amused than angry.

"I apologise, sir." I immediately picked up the script. "I was only supposed to bring the book. I was curious so I peeked inside and - it's so interesting, it's really good, I can't remember when I read something like that! The plot is very strong! I couldn't stop reading! Is it your work? It's truly masterpiece!"

Oh, well, a little outburst.

Mister Choi - Siwon laughed. "I'm happy you like it. Yes, I did the editorial work, but the merits are not mine. As you say, this book is briliant." He smiled at me. With diples. "What's your name?"

"I-I'm-I'm Donghae, sir. I'm the ne-new assistent in your office." Because stuttering is the best way how to flirt with your y boss.

"Oh, I know, of course. Welcome on the boat, Donghae. How do you like it here so far?" He got of the jacket and went straight to his desk.

If only his shirt wasn't so small or maybe his body so well built.

"I-I-I like it very much, sir. Tha-thank you."

Because it would definitely save me from the stuttering.

Siwon frowned a little and then smiled again. "You don't have to be nervous, really. Officialy I'm your boss, but this is very unofficial workplace."

"Thank you, sir." I actually blushed.

Siwon didn't look at me though. "May I ask for a cup of coffee? I've heard you are a real expert."

"Yes, sir. Right away." And with that I left.

 

Oh my god. I was in love.


Hello there! 
First of all, thank so much for subscribing (and for not unsubscribing as welll). I really want you to like it. I was thinking about the plot and about the story line and about the way I wrote it. I'm absolutely insane, really. In the end, when I got a horrible headache I decided to keep writing as I do. I wanted to write it like that. I wanted Donghae to be one of us. Just a regular guy who loved and had broken heart and soul and who is surviving instead of living. Because I'm honestly sick of these stories about rich one and poor -innocent one. (Yeah, I'm totally not talking about Mr and Mrs Grey.) I wanted something real. Something that happens. But I'm sure I'll end up writing sweet romance, haha. I hope you can understand and will like it. 
Oh! I changed it a little. I added dates there. It's not supposed to be a diary, but some "landmarks" in Donghae's story. It's like.. He's telling the ongoing story, right? I did some changes in the previous chapter too (I actually only added the dates).

Please, let me know what do you think about it. I'm trying to figure it out, learn how to write and I would love some feedback, if it's good or not, what was bad and so. I'm literally on my knees begging you! (I just moved so I don't have any furniture in my flat,kekeke)

Happy day! <3 <3