⟶ ii.

「발화」Ignite

 


 

2009, September 24th. 11:01PM.

“Look at her! Oh my god. If I wasn’t like this I could save her. Go there and help her! Please! I beg you! She has such a beautiful future waiting for her. Even if she’s so scared and sick of everything, she won’t show it! Please. I know I’m not permitted to, but please. Go there and do what I would’ve. Help her! I can't just stand here, watching this happen!” he babbled on, his tears gathering.

If he could, he would sentence the three idiots to their deaths.

But he couldn’t.

“Oh God. Oh God. Why won’t you help me? Suho!”

“Why don’t you go save her?”

“If she’s scarred and even more scared of her life after this, I’m going to kill you, Suho. Suho please! I’m going to kill myself if something happens to her. We can both be dead.”

“I repeat, why don’t you go save her!”

“Oh no. If her mother knew later, she’ll be devastated. SUHO, PLEASE SAVE HER.”

Suho gripped him tightly by the shoulders, “Listen to me, will you! You big giant. Go. Save. Her.”

“What-”

“I can’t believe I’m doing this. Just go!”

“But, you will come with me right? But-”

“Idiot! Hurry up already.”

1999, October 27th. 3:21PM.

“Hojung-ah, where were you yesterday?” a petite boy asked the petite girl.

“Home.”

“Aww, you promised you’d come to watch my performance with my mummy.”

“Hm.”

“Are you mad at me~?”

“No.”

“Huh?”

She sighed, “Promises were meant to be broken, I'll break mine too.”

And with that, little Hojung walked away.

 

2009, September 25th. 8:23AM.

Hojung woke up in her room again, clean and spotless. Almost like she just took a shower.

2013, June 17th. 5:05PM.

A deep and sadistic tune echoed the room, following after the priest’s voice. Ribbons and blue roses were all around the crowded room.

Everyone was there to say their goodbyes and pay their respects.

Chanyeol was in the corner, silent. Emotionless.

Simply because… he wasn’t there.

Suho wasn’t there.

People just assumed he was in that ash bowl, but no one knows where he went. Not even Chanyeol.

Chanyeol wants to go somewhere else to pay his respects, but this was the closest he could get to him.

The cure to his condemned heart was gone.

1999, November 1st. 7:34AM.

Little Chanyeol ran to little Hojung and hugged her tightly, without saying a word.

Feeling a warm embrace around her after so much coldness, Hojung caved in and sobbed by Chanyeol’s shoulder. They sat like that the whole night through. She felt so safe.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know.”

She sniffled and nodded smiling, “It’s okay.”

“But you shouldn’t stop believing in promises because of that.”

“Huh?”

“He didn’t mean to leave you, he wouldn’t have known. If he could change his fate, I know that he would keep his promise, Hojung-ah.”

At the idea she cried harder; she knew he was right.

Chanyeol just smiled and hugged her all the way. He loved her too much to leave.

2013, March 5th. 8:38AM.

He rang the phone again, after four dials, she picked up.

“Hello?” her voice still shook.

“Mrs Lee, is Lee Hojung alr-”

A long beep and he was forced to hang up, again.

2013, March 5th. 7:30AM.

“Hello class. Please settle down. Yah! Baekhyun, stop talking! Jongdae! Stop trolling!” the professor sighed, “We have a new student today. Please welcome him.”

He walked in the class and bowed to everyone, exchanging small greetings.

He found a seat near a really kind male called Yixing.

In the middle of the lesson, he couldn’t help but grow curious. He turned to his left and hesitated before asking, “Yixing hyung, do you by any chance know, where is Hojung today?”

“Ah she’s absent,” he answered, frowning.

“Oh, okay.”

“Be careful, Chanyeol-ah.”