⟶ i.

「발화」Ignite

A/N: Pay attention to the dates (expecially the YEARS), and think about this - elements.


 

Park Chanyeol I hate you.

I hate you so much it hurts me.

Stop provoking me, will you?

2009, September 24th. 11:26PM

“Mrs. Lee, have you seen Hojung?””

“No. I was just going to call you,” her voice shook.

“What- Where-”

Beeeeeeeep.

Three dials before he realised that he should probably hang up too.

2013, February 4th. 10:00AM.

She was under the cherry blossom tree, not too far away from Busan academy.

The day was setting as she lay there, staring at the gloomy clouds that resembled her very mood. Taking her thick-rimmed glasses off, she let her sight get blurry. It was her typical afternoon.

The weather was scorching. With the sun people’s skin, everyone ran away and surrendered to the shadows, but she was always the type of weird girl in town. Especially with her three layered long-sleeves and her thick jeans; thick ugg boots hugged her feet.

She gazed above her. The petals of the cherry blossoms blended together, almost as if they were painting a scene. She squinted and almost gasped as a picture unraveled from its roots. There were two petals in a murky river floating endlessly under a burning sun. She scoffed and shook her head at her choice of imagination.

Feeling tired, she let her eyes flutter to a close. She preferred it this way often. She preferred to sleep. Away from the sick reality her life had to offer.

Hours had passed by as she smiled in her sleep.

So beautiful and peaceful.”

But when she opened her eyes, she caught her own confusion lingering inside her. That voice was too familar. It was too weird but she thought less of it.

She had closed her eyes and let herself adrift in sleep.

Opening them, her eyes widened as she had woken up in her room.

Lee Hojung was really one special girl.

1999, October 19th. 8:00PM.

“Yah! Where are you going?” a petite girl looked up at her companion, pouting.

“I’m just going to the company for a moment, Hojung-ah, I’ll be back soon.”

“I want to go with you~”

“You can’t. You have homework and it’s getting late.”

She frowned and hit harmlessly at his chest.

“Ouch. Hojung-ah, I promise I’ll be back soon,” he feigned hurt, “I’ll buy you ice cream on the way, okay?”

“Ah? Really? Okay, come back quick!”

2009, September 24th. 10:12PM.

It was a dark and eerie time. The moonlight was her only companion. But it wasn’t scaring her, or making her feel vulnerable. Since she got used to it. 

Lee Hojung was walking down a pavement, clutching a yellow rose close to her heart. 

She felt her whole head spinning and she just wanted to sleep, so much. ‘To sleep forever’, it sounded so beautiful in her head. But she promised someone something, and she’s a female who keeps her promises.

Feeling light-headed, Hojung carelessly decided to sit down on a rusty park bench and tried to regain her senses.

It was pitch-black with tiny smudges of green and Hojung could barely see anything.

She almost dropped her sanity when she felt someone push her while someone else grabbed her wrist tightly, causing her to wince.

Hojung turned around to find two old men in their mid-40s smirking back at her. Lust greeted their bloodshot eyes and one of them his lips.

Knowing the situation well, she got up into her feet and gave the two a death glare.

“Oh hello there,” one said.

“Well haven’t we caught a pretty one tonight, right hyung?” the other spoke after.

She pulled her arm away from the fingers around her wrist and nudged them free.

“Ah, I see she’s feisty,” the first one smirked, and looked at the other, “Just your type.”

Hojung punched him straight in the face and kicked the other one in the stomach, and then went back to the first who still put up a fight and twisted his arm to the back.

Hojung was just landing them both in defeat when suddenly another, stronger and bigger, old man came and liked what he saw. He witnessed his friend’s on the floor in defeat and he knew that she was his now.

She put up a lengthy fight, with the man’s swearing and mumbling in between, only to lose.

The man bit his lip, coming close to her and ing the first button on her shirt.

With her last energy, Hojung kicked him, only to miss the jackpot and hit his thigh instead. The man was furious.

“I’ve had enough of your !”

And then Hojung was knocked out.

 

1999, October 20th. 2:00AM.

She waited sleepily in the Lee residence’s lounge. Sitting down with her legs crossed and warming herself up in her thick woolen sweater. Waiting for him to come back.

Waiting for her special ice cream in the cold of the night.

But it was getting late.

Her mum kept telling her to rest, demanding that she’ll get punished the next day if she doesn’t. Her finished homework was on the table, with her messy handwriting scribbled over the page.

Until it was past 2am and her mum had slept first; Hojung could barely keep her eyes open.

She waited for him to come back the day after.

And then the day after that.

To the week after.

And the oncoming year.

To realize, he never will.

2009, September 24th. 10:54PM.

“Daddy, help.”