Chapter 4

A Ghostly Twist

Yoona wanted to slap herself. Why, why did she have to be so foolish?

 

The owner of the car was furious. He was raving mad and Yoona swore that if she were in a cartoon, steam would be coming out of the guy's ears. Yoona giggled at the thought of it.

 

“Do you think this is funny? What you did to Betsy is horrible!” Yoona rolled her eyes. Who would name their car "Betsy" ? Like what sort of a name was that?

On the other hand, the man was absolutely hot. Yoona couldn’t deny it. This man had brown hair that was stylishly messed up. He also had a pair of light pink kissable lips that were accompanied by puppy eyes. His eyes were the killer. If not for a certain hardness *down South* about them, it would have reminded Yoona of a sad dog. *Imagine the possibilities if Donghae was Yoona's *

 

His features certainly didn’t disappoint and his body was just as drool worthy. He was wearing a suit, probably going off for a meeting, and it showed off his broad shoulders and his arms were nicely muscular.

 

“Are you done staring?” The man yelled.

 

Yoona winced at his loudness. “Chusonghamnida. I didn’t mean it. It was purely out of anger.”

 

“Your apology would not help Betsy, would it?” The man wisecracked.

 

“Well, I’ll do anything to help…erm Betsy. Just tell me.” Yoona urged.

 

It was then that she sealed her fate unknowingly. *Hmm, I wonder what she would have to do*

 

The man smirked and Yoona shivered, reminded of Siwon earlier.

 

The man came closer to Yoona and his mouth was so close to her ear. “You said anything so no regrets. I have a job for you to take and you will have to stick by this job for at least a year.” *WOULD YOU WANT TO HAVE THAT JOB?*

 

A job? YES! Yoona was happy that she did not need to go any further to find a job.

 

“What’s the job?” She asked.

 

“Be my wife.” *Any involved?*

 

Yoona’s jaw dropped in disbelief. Did he just say it correctly?

 

The man explained, “I’m the heir to Lee Corporations and my parents have been forcing me to get married. If I did not get one by the time they get back home, they would hand me over to Jessica.”

Yoona raised her eyebrows. “What’s so bad about Jessica shii? If you can tolerate having a stranger for a wife instead of her, she must be bad news, huh?”

 

The man nodded rapidly. “Save me the trouble and just marry me. We will fake a relationship and at the end of year or so, I will announce that we are getting a divorce as our relationship is getting strained or whatsoever. You’ll get paid for this if you can act well.” The man flashed a smirk.

 

What’s up with this man and smirks?

 

Yoona calculated in her mind. By being his wife, she could escape from her parents and Siwon. This was perfect. Yoona smiled secretively, a smile which the man did not miss. “I’m assuming you like this deal? Take my business card and call me later on. I need to arrange some ground rules and things you need to do. Arraso?” 

 

“Ne. Kamsahamnida.” Yoona bowed 90 degrees to the man and took the card from him.

 

She read the contents from the card.

 

Lee Donghae

CEO

Lee Corporations for shopping malls

 

Her face fell. How was she going to tell her parents that she was marrying their rival? Jeez, this deal could either be good or bad.

 

Yoona plonked the card back into her bag and skipped back home. She saw a familiar figure standing, waiting for her.

 

“Taengoo! What are you doing here? You should have gone back in!”

 

Taengoo raised her head and it was then that she noticed the tear streaks on Taengoo’s face.

 

“Aigoo, come on in. This will need some girly heart to heart.” Yoona tried to cheer Taengoo up. *Some girl on girl?*

 

Taengoo held Yoona’s hand and followed her into the room. “By the way, what’s your real name?” Yoona made herself comfortable on the bed. “Do you really want to know, Yoona unnie?” Yoona nodded.

 

“I’m Little Red Riding Hood but some call me Taeyeon or Taengoo for short.” The innocent girl flashed a cheeky smile. Yoona was starting to be wary of her. Taeyeon might have a mental illness. Yoona recalled the first time she talked to Taeyeon and she introduced herself the same way too.

 

“Taengoo, which year were you born in?”

 

“I was born in 1694 unnie!” The blood ran cold in her veins.

 

1694? That’s freaking 320 years ago. It’s not possible. It’s not.

 

“Unnie, I was scared that you would react like that. So what if I’m a ghost? I can still play with you right?”

 

Yoona had goosebumps on her arm and she finally realized that Taeyeon had wrinkles on her face. Oh my god. Yoona let loose a blood-curdling scream and Taeyeon disappeared.

 

Her mother appeared at the doorway. “Yoong, what happened?”

 

Yoona felt so shaken up. Was she going crazy?

 

“Umma, I’m so scared…What am I going to do?” She clung on to her mother’s arm and cried softly. She didn’t want her mother to be worried but all her emotional struggles reached to the limit.

 

Her mother clearly wanted to ask her what was going on but understood that this was Yoona’s struggle and only Yoona could handle it. Her mum sighed and tears threatened to fall hearing her daughter sob like the weight of the world was on her shoulders.

 

When Yoona felt better, she talked to her mother for a while about simple everyday things. She didn’t want to talk about how she might be able to see ghosts or the fact that she was getting married to their company's rival. She just wanted to sleep.

 

While talking to her mother, she fell into a deep slumber. Her mother pulled the covers for her and kissed her forehead.

 

“Good night, my sweet Yoong. I really hope your troubles go away soon.”