Chapter 2

Fly High

Lay's room,Hari palace,9.05a.m.

  "What on Suho's father's name are you two even wearing."

  Lay is not amused. 

  Chanyeol grins brightly. "It's a butler uniform.We make it this morning just for you. Isn't it nice?"

 Lay is definetely not amused and plainly says so. He also demands the two jokers to get that stupid uniform off it looks downright disturbing yes it does, especially on you, Luhan. They reluctuantly oblige, and then each takes a side of the bed to sit. Now Lay really begins to regret not waking up earlier, because with his hair in tangles and probably sticking out everywhere, mucus filled eyes... yeah, not a sight he likes to show off to people. " W-what are you doing?" Lay asks, apprehension coating his words, not really sire he wants to know the answer. To say the least, he feels cornered, especially when Chanyeol, noticing his discomfort, starts grinning like a maniac. In Lay's vocabulary, that smile meant many things on different people... like when Xiumin grinned like that, someone had given him a glass too many of wine, or  when Suho smiled like that, it meant guests were coming and he wanted to show them " hospitality" and " how nice the Hari are!" (no it did not look good on him it made him look like his face was splitting apart) but when the three pranksters used that smile...run for cover. Quick. Woe betide that unfortunate soul who caught their attention. In this case... " SCRAM! SHOO! I don't need any help. BYE!" Lay leaps out of bed, grabs Chanyeol and Luhan's collars and attempts to throw them out of his room, only to collide with Baekhyun and Xiumin, who were just coming in. " This, my dear esteemed Xiumin hyung, is the reason why you should never be in the same room as them. Less than fifteen minutes, and the patient has to kick them out," scowls Baekhyun, picking himself up from the floor.

 As if to complete the party, Suho comes trotting in,slamming the door shut, and without pausing for a greeting, starts breathlessly," Hari, I have a announcement to make. The chief of guards tells me that a Cor'th was caught in the city yesterday night. It's a spy. A spy, for my father's sake! He had maps found on his person. Very, very detailed maps that no Cor'th, or for that matter, no normal Hari, would know about. We will beef up security, therefore we'll all take turns to patrol the city. Lay, your father has decided to come out of retirement for a while to subsitute for you until you are in top condition again.  Your patrol partners are: Luhan and me. Chanyeol and Xiumin. You two are the most irresponsible," Suho stops for a few moments to make sure his glare is brought fully through to Luhan and Chanyeol. "Baekhyun and Lay's father Yi. Luhan and me, and so on. Each will patrol for three hours. No shirking! This will be in addition to normal patrols, and I hope everyone will take their duties seriously and responsibily. Patrols starts at six p.m. . I expect Luhan to be waiting at the guardhouse at six sharp. Meeting adjourned! Xiumin, follow me." With that, Suho sweeps out of the room, all in a fluster. Five pairs of eyes follow him, mouths agape, then Xiumin too dashes out. " Don't think I ever saw him so serious before," mutters Luhan out of the corner of his mouth. Lay silently agrees with Luhan. What was with Suho? Suho suddenly seemed so paranoid and no-nonsense. Also, it was unprecendented that the ruler of Hari and his brothers should patrol the city every night just over one single spy. Exactly what was Suho thinking? Was he hiding something about that spy?

 Meeting room, Cor'th headquarters. 11.35 p.m.

"Do you mean to tell me, Kim Jong In, that you actually let a spy with practically no experience try to infiltrate the palace? Do you?" Though Kris speaks softly, his tone seethes with anger, and Kai flinches. The fact that Kris used his first name was a mark of how much Kris was displeased with him. Even though the huge, enough- to- seat- twelve room was empty besides the two of them, the room seemed much too small. Kai wished, with all his heart, that he was anywhere but here. His customary devil- may- care attitude was gone. "Ah, Commander, there, uhum, there's worse news. OurmapswereonhimandnowSuhoandhisbrothersarepatrollingthecity," Kai mutters, avoiding the fiery gaze of Kris who was barely keping his temper in check. "Is that so, Jong In? I will ask Sehun to replace you to go to Earth to prepare M181. You will stay back to sort out the mess your underling created. Now get out of my room. Now," barks Kris, turning away from Kai. The inept spy had almost ruined his plan completely, and now Suho was more on his guard than ever.

 

Transporting Centre To Earth and Other Worlds( COW )12.30 p.m.

 "... Cow?"

  "Yes sir."

  "What even?"

  "Person with a bad sense of humor? I think one of the former leaders started it, and it kind of stuck on, sir."

  "Oh..."

  "Sir, you had better hurry, they might be waiting already for you already. Being early makes a good impression anyway, sir."

  "Thanks for everything, Min, you have been a great help."

  "Welcome. Oh, if you pardon me, good luck in the cow, sir!"

  Biting back a snort of laughter, he bows to Min, then slinging his bag over his shoulder, sets out through the tunnels to the, well, cow. Moo, anyone?

 

"I trust you have mastered transportation?" asks Zitao, having sailed in right smack on the dot. " Well then, it seems you have, so take a look at this place," right on cue one of the big screens flashes picture of a small stream in the middle of trees- that was the correct word right? - and a whole bunch of rocks scattered in and around the sparkling clear stream," You know what to do? Imagine the place. Got everything ready? One, two, three, go!" M181 closes his eyes to concentrate - he loves the exhilaration, the soaring sensation, the weightlessness and- lands in the middle of the peacefully chirping forest, right in the middle of the stream. He gasps at the cool sensation and gazes around, eyes wide open. It was nighttime, with most animals asleep, but still enough sounds everywhere to put him on edge.

A forest,Somewhere on Earth, 12.40 p.m.

Zitao lands gracefully, right on the flat stone that juts out from the river, exactly where he was supposed to land, a few lengths from where M181 stood absorbing his surroundings, knee deep in the stream. He lifts a eyebrow, marking M181's wet pants. "Pretty good, considering its your first time traveling such a distance. However, still innacurate. we'll have to work on that. Even that little of an inaccuracy may be a matter of life or death. " Seeing M181's politely doubtful look, Zitao says crisply,"I once saw a trainee of mine get his leg blown off by a Hari mine as he was, like you, off by a little." Just after Zitao finishes talking, M181 absorbing that grusome bit of information, Sehun appears, also right on target, shoving Zitao off the stone with an "oof!" and causing him to fall into the stream. For a brief second, Zitao just sits there, whole body soaked, water dripping from his face in an almost comical look of surprise and disbelief. Then he lunges out and grabs Sehun in a headlock, and dunks him in the river. For a full five minutes the two boys-just-turned-men tussle in the river, their laughter echoing off the trees, before finally regaining their composure and sense of duty back. Zitao cleared his throat and pushed his sopping wer hair back,"all body parts accounted for, yes? Then let's go." Sehun silently follows after at a brisk pace, making M181 jog after the two suddenly intimidating presences. The sudden shift from two laughing boys to two stern officers has M181 confused, to say the least. 

 

The greenness of the place has M181 stunned and staring, mouth agape, as with the constant background of noise. Underground, all he could hear was his own heartbeat, or muffledness, which he never realised, until he was in this wide open confusion of a Earth. There were chirps, croaks rustles, whispers and more, until his head spun from all the feedback his ears gave him, sounds he never heard except as clips his teachers showed him. Those clips did not do justice to the real thing. And the animals! The plants! The lifeliness of it all! The animals underground were very much different from those above, he realised. Also, did he mention the light? The silveriness of the moon was novel. The pink, blue, and green glowworms and his own dark seeing eyes are very different from the moon. He takes this new experience all in greedily, almost tripping several times as he watches his surroundings instead of where to place his feet. 

 

The trio tramp through the flora and fauna, until they are several kilometers deep into the forest (seven, if you really must know) and in a clearing. There, Sehun speaks for the first time to M181. "Go hunt for game, Zitao and I will pitch the tent. Use only your bow and a maximum of twelve arrows. I expect enough food for the three of us by the time the sun sets." M181 nods, and closes his eyes as he tries to concentrate on remembering the trails they had come across. Thinking of the fresh tracks of a rabbit, M181 threads his way through the greenery.

 

Hari palace, 12 a.m.

"Emergency meeting. My room, five minutes. No execuses, and that means you, Lay! Nope, no arguing, orders from the second eldest. Fine, you may come in pyjamas," thought speaks Luhan, grinning as the message is sent to Baekhyun and Lay. Too bad Chanyeol is stuck with Xiumin patrolling, thinks Luhan unsympathethically. Now Xiumin could not interfere with the plan he has in mind. 

" I assume everyone here is wondering why Suho is acting paranoid?"

"Maybe because a certain person called Luhan is not acting like he should." 

Luhan pretends not to hear Lay. "Ahem. Yes, we all are. So, we are gathered here today to find  the answers from our little baozi. Xiuminnie is the one Suho confides into, he is the oldest and most responsible, after all. On the count of three, we crash his rooom and search for clues. Baek, you stun the door. One good burst of light from you should do the trick, master dazzler. Lay, our master magician, make happen! Spells, I mean, to counter any other unwelcome spells Xiumin may have. Although something cooler can also do. And I? I shall the master searcher, of course. Questions, any?" 

Baekhyun, annoyed over being called the master dazzler (seriously, the power of light is not a joke), scowls and raises his hand. "Yeah. Exactly why should we follow you and go through all that trouble? I mean, cornering Xiumin himself is a better idea."

"Because I am your hyung, that's why, dearie. And, I don't know, curiousity? I don't know about you, but I would love to peek into our deeply private Xiumin's room." 

Of course they agree to the plan.

 This is the first time any of them has been inside Xiumin's private room."By Suho's father, this is fun," whistles Luhan, eyes wide, snatching the once in a lifetime opportunity to ransack his hyung"s drawers.