Chapter 1

Fly High

Um hi this is my first fic..? Hope y'all will like it and comment on how I can improve? Thanks guys:):)❤️

Cor'th main meeting room

  "Our spies have gotten new information of the Hari. This is an update of our maps on the Sky, Commander," Kai says giving Kris a rolled up tube of parchment, bowing low. It was the weekly gathering, where Kris noted the progress of each leader. Kris unrolled the parchment and gave Kai a curt nod. "Good work. Much more details on the Hari palace than last week. Sehun, your turn." Sehun cleared his throat nervously . A bead of sweat trickled down his neck. "None of the students are as good as you are hoping for yet, Commander, but I think D.O.'s son M181 is nearly there." Kris frowns and orders Sehun to step up training, because he must have at least three adept students at the end of the week for the Mission. Kris turns to Zitao next. He isn't too pleased, but his scowl lessens, just a bit, when Zitao notes that M181 was- yet again- the top few in both hand-to- hand combat and martial arts. (that, and the fact that Kris always had a soft spot for Zitao. Kris then dismisses Sehen and Zitao and beckons Chen, Kai and D.O. closer. "So, D.O., your son is the best in bow and arrows, hand-to- hand combat and martial arts. Zitao has suggested to me he go for specialized training as he thinks he is talented enough. I can also say that he is among the best flyers and magic users, even among the seniors. Right now he is competing with a captured Hari and I have no doubt that he will win. Therefore, Chen, tomorrow he will be in your class. We shall review his progress again next week. If all goes well, he will graduate basic sword Kai, and D.O. you can start teaching your son. If he continues to excel, D.O.  be prepared, he will go on the Mission. D.O. simply sighs and nods, but Chen doesn't stay quiet. "Commander, may I ask, M181 is hardly sixteen, is it right for him to go on such an important mission? Most candidates are at least fifty. You know that only Cor'th above the age of twenty joins sophisticated weaponry class, I know that the Mission requires one who the Hari will trust, and they would not expect a sixteen year old as one of us, but still...! It is too drastic, gege. Let him enjoy his life for a while longer."

  Kris does not speak, but the determined set of his shoulders tells Chen the answer.

 

Hari palace

"The satan in you in strong now Lu, what are you even doing?" exclaims Chanyeol, squinting at the truly terrifying smirk on Luhan's face and the vision of Luhan in Lay's room.

  " It's payback time. Remember last week? When Lay glued my hands to the doorknob? Payback."

  "Weeellll, you were trying to get into Lay's room..."

  "That doesn't matter!"

   "Okay, chillax. Go back to the question." 

  "Ice. He's bound to be hot and sweaty after dancing for a whole afternoon, hmm? This is the perfect way to cool off."

  "I see..."

  And two truly awful bursts of laughter(which , by the way, you do not ever want to hear directed at you) echoed along the corridor as they turn invisible to lie in wait for their prey.

  They soon hear footsteps. Lay throws open the door and flings himself head- first onto his bed, too exhausted to notice the rope above his head, courtesy of Luhan's telekinesis. He does not notice Chanyeol sending a small tongue of flame to at the rope. He does not see the taunt rope snap, the fire eaten through it. He does not see the bucket of ice above his bed sway perilously. Most importantly, he does not see it finally fall... to drench him with ice- cold water. He shoots up in bed, more fully awake than he had been for hours, and only then notices the  the two devils peeping from the doorway. " I SWEAR THIS IS THE LAST TIME. I WILL END YOU AND I WILL KILL BOTH OF Y- actch!" Lay falls flat on his nose. He had tripped over the piece of glossamer thread Luhan and Chanyeol were holding to trip him up and could only hurl profanities after the two fleeing, manically laughing pranksters.

Courtyard of Hari palace

"Hyung, I'm hungry. It's almost dark now, surely it's safe to come out of hiding now," Chanyeol groans, holding on to his stomach.

"No. You're exaggerating too," Luhan glares back.

"It's scientifically proven that tall people get hungrier quicker."

"I haven't heard of that ever."

"Well, it's true."

"Not."

"But it is."

And so they argue on, totally not noticing a silent figure creeping up from their back until--

"You two are so dead."

 

And that is how Chanyeol and Luhan find themselves in front of a pissed Lay thought-screaming bloody murder in their minds and an even more pissed Suho screaming bloody murder into their ears. How could they have known that as they tripped Lay, he would have sprained his ankle? (They expected the bloody nose, but sprained ankle? Nope.((Not that they would tell Suho that.)) ) Anyway he healed fast. The sprain would be gone in a few days. Lay could still move around anyway,using his wings too, no big deal! What, of course they felt sorry! Yes yes, guilty too. Yes very, very sorry that Lay would not be able to walk for the next few days. Yes. Yup. Yep. Ye- no! No of course they won't do anything so dangerous again. Avoiding the furious glare of Lay, the disappointed look of Suho and the disapproving frown of Xiumin, they slink out of the room. Only to find themselves stopped by Xiumin calling out to them. Staring at them determinedly, he states quietly,"You should know better,Lu, you are the second eldest, you know Suho is already feeling stressed by the Cor'th, yet you insist on making trouble. Luhan, don't roll your eyes at me. Chanyeol you too should know better. You aren't a child anymore. We have too few people on our side already. Why do you insist on disturbing Lay and disabling your cousin? Do you know how dreadful he feels when he can't dance? What are you going to do? Help Lay heal his ankle quickly, nurse him and all, that's what you are going to do, right? And not prank anyone again?"  All in all, it was a thoroughly humbled Chanyeol and Luhan that went back to their rooms that night. 

"Leader should really stop Xiumin from giving guilty talks. He is much too good at it," mumbles Chanyeol. They slump back to their common room where they find Baekhyun, feet propped idly on the coffee table, idly flicking the overhead light on- off- on- off. "Stop it Baek," grumbles Chanyeol, diving head first into the sofa, until all that remained of him above ground was a pair of long legs waving slowly in the air. "That bad?" asks Baekhyun sympathetically,"let's see, four hours? You must have sprained Lay's ankle quite badly. Do you remember the time Luhan set fire to the throne room? I won't let you forget I won the bet,Yeol." Luhan sighed as he plonked himself down on the sofa, right on Chanyeol's head, eliciting a grunt from him. "Six. Freaking. Hours. And even after that, he kept throwing me those disappointed glances. Suho even banned me from the throne room for a month." Baekhyun sniggered as they rescimed," it was funny to see the guards' faces when he tried to step into the throne room. To let him in or not let him in, that is the question?"

They snicker, finally heading to rest their heads on their pillows.

 

Hari Palace, Next morning

 

Six o'clock sharp, Luhan and Chanyeol trots to Lay's room, raps smartly right on the 'do not disturb you cretins yes I mean you L&C' sign and marches in, Cor'th soldier style and salutes Lay with a cheery "good morning!" Lay, stupid with sleep,gapes at them.

"What on Suho's father's name are you two wearing?!"

D.O. 's house, Cor'th, 8a.m.

"One! Backstroke! Two! Right! Three! Left! Four! Left! Five! Back- right- left- left- front! Your form's sloppy. Again!" barks out D.O. , circling his son, making sure his swordsmanship was perfect. As expected, his son excelled in sophisticated weaponry, and was skillful enough in advanced sword. It was almost two weeks since Kris had first suggested his son for the Mission.

His son was to meet Kris later at noon.

"M181?" Finally seeing M181 in a different light- as a possible candidate for what was perhaps the most important mission of the century instead of just as a student- many thoughts ran in Kris's mind, but the only thing he said aloud was to ask D.O. how much he told M181 about the Mission. Then, with a nod, he dismisses D.O., who claps a comforting hand on his son's shoulder and squeezes before leaving, feet not making a sound on the carpeted floor of Kris's study room, then shutting the door with a slight click.   

Without further ado, Kris begins explaining, hands behind his back. "You will not mention anything to your parents, friends or superiors except me, and only when we are in a secure place. This mission is of highest security. Tomorrow, at first light, you will go up to Earth, and go through a series of... conditioning. You will stay there until you become an adult. That is in about two years, yes? Kai and Zitao will accompany you. When the two years are over, we shall see if you are able to take a part in this mission. Go, now, and rest. The room next to this is yours for tonight. Sleep well, prepare yourself, because this test is about life, and, more importantly, death. Be ready at the Transporting centre at twelve noon. Sharp."