[Mark, GOT7] You Got That? [_-Sumin]

[EXO/BTS/VIXX/GOT7] Scenario Requests

For _-Sumin! Hope you enjoy ^-^

 

You Got That?
Mark & Baek Sumin

… Is this… real?

Am I actually watching this…?

Without realising, his hand balled up, crushing the potato chips he’d been eating only seconds before.

What… the …

"… Sumin, honey… can you come in here a sec?"

He heard some rustling from the kitchen next door, his eyes never once leaving the scene that was playing on TV. How could she? Why wouldn’t she tell me?

"Mark? What is it-"

Her voice stopped short of the sentence, letting a furious silence hover over the two. He was sitting on the sofa, legs crossed in front of him, the snack he was eating crushed in his trembling fist. Flickering light from the show on TV illuminated him, glared in his eyes - but the only thing she could see was that scene, that thing they asked her to do - that kiss she forgot to tell her boyfriend about.

"M-Mark, I can explain…" her voice was shaky, feet cautiously stepping forward into the room. He didn’t look her way, eyes focused to where his girlfriend, one of his best friends, one of the people he trusted with his life, was currently kissing his group leader on an evening drama.

When he eventually spoke, his voice was low, dangerously calm. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

"I meant to! Mark, I swear, I did…"

"You sound pathetic," he said sourly, looking up with a harsh glare - though he almost wished he hadn’t, from what he saw.

Sumin had her hair tied up the way he liked - wisps framing her face and a messy bun, loose hairs tickling the nape of her neck. A bandana was tied cutely in a bow on her head, dustings of flour on her nose; eyes wide and scared as she chewed her lip nervously, holding a tray of cookies in front of her. Just the smell was enough to make him groan mentally - she had baked for him, completely sincerely. There was no doubt she loved him, but no one just kisses one of their boyfriend’s best friends and doesn’t say anything. She didn’t even get his permission. And neither did JB.

"Mark, please," she begged, pushing the tray onto the sideboard and pulling off the oven gloves. Her legs felt like jelly as she stumbled over to the sofa, knees giving out when she reached him and clasped his hand. "Please, I’m so sorry, you know I wouldn’t do anything like what you’re thinking… this was a mistake, everything just got so hectic and I wasn’t able to tell you because of the producers - i-it was a big scene, they didn’t want me telling anyone-"

"But I’m not just anyone, Sumin - I’m your boyfriend!" He replied furiously, shoving her hands off him and pushing past her as he stood up. She fell back against the table and just sat there, tears building up, staring blankly into the darkness. In the background, she could still hear the scene on TV, her character’s voice dumbing to mumbled lines as she tried to tune it out.

Her voice was barely above a whisper when she spoke again, hearing Mark rustling around in the corridor. “Mark… I’m sorry…”

"I’m going out," he said shortly, appearing for a few seconds with his coat thrown over his shoulders. "Don’t wait up."

It only took the loud slam of the front door for her to crumble into a mess of tears.

I’m a .

It was the same sentence that had been running through his mind for the past few hours, as he ambled around the dark streets of Seoul. I’m a . I’m a . I’m a .

He had reason to blow up at her like that. She should have told him somehow, mentioned that there might be a scene he wouldn’t like. It was well known Mark watched all of his girlfriends dramas. He just didn’t like being in the dark, and getting surprised by something like that was… well. How often do people want to see their girlfriends making out with a best friend?

But walking around at night had given him time to cool off. He should have forgiven her - after all, it wasn’t her loyalty he doubted. JB on the other hand… his leader made no secret of his crush on Sumin. Before Mark confessed to her, she had been best friends with the younger man, and everyone could see just how much the two were smitten with her.

I’m lucky, he thought to himself.

The familiar front door of their apartment came into view, and gulping down nerves, he quickly typed in the code and hurried to the elevator, pressing the button for the top floor. It was possibly the most nerve wracking elevator ride he’d ever had, pacing back and forth, wringing his hands in front of him until the bell made a loud ding and the doors slid open.

The corridor was quiet, but as he nervously approached the front door he could hear voices, quiet, mumbling - and were those sobs? Oh …

"O-oppa… I don’t know what to do… h-he thinks- he thinks that-"

"Shhh, its okay, Min. It’s okay. He’s just being an idiot, he’ll come back."

Mark felt a spark of anger and his cheeks flare up. How dare he, he thought, despite the fact he’d been calling himself the same thing since he stepped out of the building.

"Jae…" She sounded so tired, her. voice shaky and cracking, before he heard another sob - this time muffled, and Mark could guess that JB had probably hugged her. He had always been insanely jealous of how close they were, even before he confessed to her. But Sumin and JB breaking their friendship was not a thing that was ever about to happen, so he’d had to it up.

His heart was breaking, hearing her cry. He wanted to be the one to hold her, to whisper comforts into her ear, kiss her tears from her cheeks. To apologise.

it.

Without another thought, he slammed open the door and stormed in, trying not to think too much about Sumin’s surprised, tear-stained face as she sat in JB’s embrace, or JB’s quickly furrowing eyebrows and scowl as he approached them on the sofa.

JB was fast to stand up, trying to block his way. “What do you think you’re doing-“

"This is my house," he sniped, eyes narrowing as leaned down and took Sumin’s hand, lacing their fingers out of reflex, "and my girlfriend. I’ve been a , and you need to leave." When he saw his leaders glaring face, however, he changed his approach, tacking on the end an awkward; "Please."

JB stared him down in silence, his eyes slowly looking between the two. Mark could hear his heartbeat going crazy against his chest, and he briefly wondered if anyone else could hear it too - until beside him, Sumin stood up wobbling, stumbling into his arm with her head down.

"Jae-oppa… we’ll be fine… go…"

It was barely audible, mumbly and broken by sniffs, but they both heard it clearly.

"Are you sure?"

She nodded in response, and JB sighed, looking back to Mark as he prodded his chest.

"You. Don’t be so hot headed. And don’t ever dare think of Sumin like that again, or I’ll kill you, got it?"

"Oppaaa, go," Sumin whined, pushing him away as Mark rolled his eyes when he wasn’t looking. JB scoffed and pulled a face, looking back to give his hyung one final don’t-mess-with-me glare before storming out of the door with a huff.

The couple were left in silence, Sumin still leaning on her boyfriend’s arm, now hiding her swollen eyes in his sleeve. Neither of then knew how to begin. But thankfully they didn’t have to, as Mark’s hand automatically slipped around her waist to hold her up, and Sumin fell into his half hug with natural ease. Like they were meant for each other.

"I’m sorry…" she said softly, her hands grabbing at his jacket, nuzzling. "I thought about it, and I don’t even know what I would do if I saw the same thing from you…"

"It’s okay… I’m sorry too. I know you wouldn’t do that. It was just work, right?"

He felt her nod into his side, and with a sigh he pulled her properly into a hug, his nose pressed into her hair, her head resting against his chest. His lips left gentle kisses on her scalp, down the side of her face as he softly moved her head, across her cheeks and finally, he hovered in front of her, their noses brushing, Sumin’s tears dry but eyes still red.

"I won’t ever doubt you again. You have my complete trust, Baek Sumin. You got that?"

Staring up at him, reaching up to brush her wet cheeks, she smiled. There was no one in this world as perfect for her as Mark Tuan.

"… I got seven."

And she burst into a fit of laughter as he sputtered, shoving her away, before pushing her down onto the sofa and claiming her lips with his own.