[Leo, VIXX] Regret [Inn_STARLIGHT]

[EXO/BTS/VIXX/GOT7] Scenario Requests

For Inn_STARLIGHT ^-^ I hope you enjoy it~ I'm not used to writing angst hehe!

 

Regret
Leo & Han Inna

Work.

Work, work, work - it was all he seemed to do nowadays, preparing for this comeback. Long hours in the practice rooms with the boys, sleeping overnight in the studio when it proved too late to go home. He missed his own apartment, and after a while, the members started to grate on him with every little thing - Hyuk would miss a step in their dance, N hit a bum note, Hongbin pass out on the couch and not wake up for the next six hours.

It wasn’t their fault, and he recognised that. He was feeling the strain just as much. But unlike the others, he had someone to go home to at night, someone who would soothe his aches and kiss away his wounds, his hair and tell him it will all be worth it, just hang in there Taekwoon.

"I don’t know how much longer I can do this for," Hyuk whined, lying flat out on the wooden floor, his chest heaving as he caught his breath.

"It’s not long until your first stage now, boys. You can make it," the instructor chimed, clapping a hand on Leo’s shoulder and squeezing it. "But you’ve worked hard today, okay? Go home, get some rest, but be back bright and early tomorrow morning to continue where you left off."

"Yes sir!" Chorused from each of the members as they began to make themselves move. Leo had never heard so much groaning; their sore limbs, bruises, exhaustion catching up with them. But he was going to make it their best comeback yet. He was going to make Inna proud of him, and then they would be married after promotions, and be able to live in bliss.

Inna.

Just the thought of her made his pain go away, a smile creeping onto his face as he shrugged on his jacket and pulled down his cap. To see her beautiful smile, eyes closing in happiness; to her hair and litter kisses all over her body, hold her tightly in his arms as they slept.

"Ah, Leo. Hold on."

Where is he?

The girl on the sofa shuffled, slipping her cold feet underneath her hands to keep them warm. Her knees were to her chest, chin resting atop them, as she stared straight towards the clock above the fireplace. 02:36.

He told her he would be home tonight. Promised. He hadn’t been around for the past few days, and hadn’t even slept in the same bed as her for longer, too tired to move from the couch once he sat down. But it would all be worth it in the end, or so he said. They would win on music shows, successfully end promotions, and then… they would be married.

If she was honest with herself, the wedding preparations were grinding on her. Misprints on the invitations, errors in the menu, the wrong colour for the bridesmaid dresses. It all piled up, and sometimes she just wished that he would be there to help her, even if that only meant give her a kiss on the temple and tell her she was doing amazingly. She just needed him by her side.

Sighing, she pressed her hands into her eyes to try and keep herself awake. Just as she heard the click of the lock in the door, the gentle creak as it was pushed open, and his melodic voice drift softly into the silence.

"I’m home…"

He barely had time to gather his thoughts before the woman had jumped over the back of the seat, hurling herself into his arms as he stumbled into the door frame. Her hair ticked his chin, and he pressed a kiss onto her scalp, rubbing her back in soothing circles.

"I missed you…" the sentiment was muffled in his chest, but he heard it clearly, the back of her head.

"It’s okay, I’m here now…"

"You have no idea how stressful it’s been today," she whimpered, pushing away and reaching up to brush her fingers through his hair. Oh his hair, so wonderfully deep and crimson, just like the bridesmaid dresses were supposed to be. "The fitters called and told me the dresses had arrived, but when I got there, can you believe it? Blue. They were blue. How do you even make that mistake?"

"Really…" he smiled awkwardly, watching her go off on a small rant, her hands beginning to gesture wildly like they always did.

"Yes! And then to make things better, I get the third drafts of the invitations and they’ve completely printed the wrong date. Again. I mean, I might as well do them myself, it’s not worth paying them-"

"Ah-"

"And then, just to top it all off, the venue rang and said that they no longer do that cheesecake we really like and we’re going to have to-"

"Inna…"

He caught her hands as they were frantically waving about, his brows furrowed, lip caught between his teeth. She stopped talking almost instantly at his expression, bad vibes immediately filling the air around him, and all of a sudden it was suffocating. She had seen this before. Months and months ago, but nonetheless it had stuck with her. His stare, so guilty and pained, and you better not. Do not tell me what I think you’re going to.

"Our managers… booked us some overseas concerts…"

"… No."

"We’re going to have to push the date back… I’m so sorry, I-"

"You are not telling me this right now," she hissed, shoving herself free from his grip, shakily stepping backwards until she hit the sofa. Her eyes were boring holes right through him. Last time it was their Eternity comeback. She had prepared for so long, they were so excited, and then suddenly his management just dropped a bomb on their plans. "Please tell me you are joking. Don’t do this."

He closed his eyes, and dropped his head to the floor.

"Seriously? Again? This is the second time, Taekwoon!" She was in disbelief. How could this happen? "Just how long do you think I can keep doing this!? They know, we’ve told them, and yet they’re doing it again?"

"I’m sorry-"

"No! I have literally single handedly planned this thing, and really the first time was pushing it, but again? I get it, you’re an idol, you’re busy, great! But I can’t plan my life around you forever, Taekwoon. I have things to do. You know I’m at board meetings until Christmas, I can’t just drop my work at a moments notice, and the honeymoon- Oh god, the honeymoon, everything’s already booked, and the cancellation fees are insane and-"

"Inna, please-"

"Just, do you even care!? Like, at all!?" Her face was flushed now, her forehead creased and hands clenching into fists. "I have thrown everything into trying to make this marriage happen, and just like before you waltz in here with puppy eyes and try to make me forgive you! Do you know how hard it is to plan this around your job? How much I had to deal with the first time, fees and backlash? And I just smiled and said it was okay because I didn’t want you to worry before your big comeback. Being with you is tiring and difficult, Taekwoon. I love you so I’ve stayed through it as much as I could, but this-"

"No, Inna, I-"

"Do NOT touch me!"

He looked like he’d been slapped. His hand hovered in the air beside him, where she’d smacked it away, fingers still outstretched. Eyes wide, mouth parted in disbelief - but she seemed to be just as shocked as he was.

It had never gotten this bad before. Sure they argued, but not once had either physically hurt the other. And now she couldn’t take her eyes off where he slowly let his hand fall back by his side in dejection, tears welling up in the corner of her eyes. Guilt was already building up. That was her problem - no matter what, she would forgive him, smile and let it be pushed over just for the sake of not feeling bad. But… was it really worth getting hurt like this? It might be better if…

"I think… I think I should go," she said quietly, turning around to pick up her bag from the single armchair in the corner of the room.

Panic immediately set in at the sight, and he stumbled after her, his heart racing. “Please, you don’t have to… we can talk through this, work it out…” The words were unfamiliar, the emotion more than he usually ever displayed, but it was serious. He didn't want to lose her. Everything had been going great, he thought it was fine, she'd hadn't said anything...

He reached for her shoulder but she brushed him off with a hard enough stare that he froze in his spot, letting her slide past him and storm through the door where he once stood. She had been so looking forward to finally seeing him, to spending the night in his arms, and to hear that after everything… Sniffing hard, she stopped outside their apartment. She needed space, needed time. This life was getting too much for her.

I love you. I really do. I’m sorry.

"Forget it. Just forget the whole thing, Taekwoon. I’m sick of it. Don’t talk to me for a while."

And without looking back, she was gone. It was all he could do to stare after her, knees buckling, as the crippling pain began to take over his body.