The Star and the Light

One night only

Flickering lights. Letter signs. Light sticks. Snapshots. Shouting everywhere. Excitement is in the air.

 

The artists that I’m waiting for are finally here and I’m not just someone who’s waiting for them in the airport, instead I’m inside the concert hall anticipating for them just like the others. I’ve saved up for a long time, almost a year just to buy a VIP ticket for this concert.

 

We’re called starlights, fans of the rookie group, VIXX. We’re the ones who give light to the stars. Last year, I saw the music video of their song, Hyde. Others might say that it’s disgusting and creepy but it was totally cool for me especially the concept of the black angels. I love the way they dance and I can say that they are very talented; not some kind of group who’s popular because of their looks. 

 

“Kyaaaah!!!!”

 

I looked at the screen and the countdown started.

 

“10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! .............. 1!”

 

BOOM!

 

Fireworks. Fireworks glittered through the air and there they stood. All six members are standing in front of me. They’re wearing contact lenses and heavy make-up which completes their creepy cool look. Every one in the concert hall were shouting.

 

“OPPA!!!”

“SARANGHE, OPPA!!!”

“WE LOVE YOU!!!”

 

Then they started to chant their names.

 

“N! LEO! KEN! RAVI! HONGBIN! HYUK!”

“SARANGHE! SARANGHE! WE LOVE YOU! SARANGHE!”

 

I don’t know why but I can’t utter a single word. I can’t say their names. I’m standing, frozen and not making a move at all. It might be because I’m excited, nervous and maybe just simply fascinated. I’m overjoyed and tears fell down from my eyes to my cheeks and to the ground. 

 

The members started walking and the music played. Their song, Voodoo Doll played and they were like angels who fell down to Earth. They were singing and dancing gracefully. The music stopped and I just realized that the song’s finished.  

 

“REAL VIXX! V.I.X.X! WE’RE VIXX!” the members greeted us.

“Hello everyone! I’m VIXX leader, N.”

“Good evening. I’m VIXX’s Leo.”

“Everyone!!! Hello! I’m VIXX’s Ken. Nice to meet you all!”

“When I say VI, you say XX!”

“VI!”

“XX!”

“VI!”

“XX!”

“Thank you. I’m VIXX’s rapper, Ravi.”

“Good evening everyone. I’m VIXX’s Hongbin. Nice to meet you all.”

“Everyone, I’m VIXX’s maknae, Hyuk. Nice to meet you all!”

 

The shouting of the fans never stopped. It seems like the hall is about to burst because of the cheering. The lights turned off and their next song, Hyde played. 

 

The concert is reaching its end and then, the song “Thank you for my love” played which is a song for us, Starlights. 

I noticed that Ken is coming towards me and I was nervous. Seeing him too close might cause a heart attack. He reached out his hand and I stretched my arms towards him, ready to grab his hand. I touched his fingertips then someone from the crowd hold his hand tightly and my hand was pushed aside. A girl grabbed Ken’s hand and they went in the stage. I looked at Ken and see if he has any violent reaction because I know that at the first place, I’m the one who’s invited by Ken onto the stage. I was anticipating a reaction but nothing. 

 

I saw nothing. 

 

He was smiling to the girl like he meant to invite her. I was jealous and angry. 

Time passed by.

 

They performed their last song, “Eternity”. I saw some people crying, sad that the group will leave. 

The concert ended. It ended. And I watched it until the end...

 

With a frown.

 

10:00 PM

 

I’m still outside. It’s winter and the temperature is below 0. I went to the nearest convenience store and bought a warm coffee. 

 

“Miss, did you went to the concert in the hall near here?” the owner asked me.

“Yes.” I replied.

“How was it?”

“Umm... It was fun.”

“But I can’t see it in your face..?”

 

I looked at the owner, an old man. He’s looking at me, smiling.

 

“I guess, it’s because it’s winter season. It was fun inside the hall.” I said with a smile.

“I guess so.” He said, still smiling and then, he left.  

 

I left the store and I intend to just walk to home. It’s just a few streets away from here and a lot of people are still outside and in the streets. I was walking when a man bumped into me. He said sorry and left. I was looking at him and what I can see from his actions, it seems that he’s lost. I approached him.

 

“Um.. Excuse me. Do you need any help?” I asked. 

“I’m... Lost.”

“Well, I can see that.”

“Where are you staying? I might know where it is.”

 

The man is not replying for a long time.

 

“I’m asking where you’re staying. Don’t tell me you don’t even know the place?” I said.

“I... Know.. It.” he said, stuttering.

“Could you please stop stuttering? And it’s not like you’re some sort of a popular guy, right?”

 

Then, he looked at my chest for a long time. After realizing it, I covered it.

 

“Hey. Are you a ert?! Why are looking at my chest?” I asked.

 

He took his glasses off and then I saw, right in front of me, VIXX’s member...

 

LEO.