The butler

Detective Beenzino


"Please take a seat." I said, pulling up a chair in The Quiett's study. Vasco nodded curtly, sitting down in the plush purple chair.

"So I hear you are interviewing me because you suspect I stole the hairline, right?" Vasco chuckled.

I smiled back. San wasn't kidding when he said he butler had a harming smile. "Cutting straight to the chase, I see."

"Might as well, I'm a busy man. Busier than your not-so-little assistant over here." Vasco said, gesturing over to Chanyeol, who was busy taking notes.

"Gotta keep him busy or he starts to wander off. Now let's get back on track, no dilly-dallying. What do you know about the hairline?" I had questioned, pouring tea for us two.

"Not much really. Mr Dok2 always had a nice head of hair, ironic for the owner of a hat company, but last Wednesday he woke up screaming. He wouldn't let anyone see him but The Quiett and me. He said someone in the house stole it, it couldn't just disappear like it did."

"So you don't know what happened?"

"I'm guessing someone stole it, either a worker or someone who comes here often." Vasco said, sipping his tea.

"Any evidence you see?"

"Well, his windows were locked that morning, so nobody could have entered through a window. They would have had to enter through the house, and all our entrances and exits are triple locked, the maids and I check every night before we leave." Vasco rattled off, and Chanyeol's scribbling intensified.

"That was very good to know, but who do you think stole the hairline?" I questioned, finishing my tea. Vasco pursed his lips in thought, the names of all the employees at the manor running through his head.

"Most likely one of the maids." Vasco said after a long, long pause.

"Which one, aren't there two?" I asked, the two maids coming to mind.

"I think there might be more than two but they only show up on Sundays. It must have been either Tymee or Jolly V." Vasco stated, finishing off his tea.

"Aren't they always together?"

"Yeah, they're a couple. They fight like an old married one too." Vasco chuckled, leaning back in the plush chair.

I nodded, Vasco had been the most helpful. "Thank you for your time. Good luck with San."