Beginning

《달라|DALLA|DIFFERENT》

A beam of light shot through her window and Hye In's eyes fluttered open. She looked around her room and smiled, 'Another beautiful day to be alive' she thought as she proceeded to her morning wash-up. She packed her bag and proceeded out of her dorm. She greeted some of the girls who wondered around the dorm halls with a bright smile. Hye In was known around campus as 'The bundle of smiles and rainbows', she even got the nickname 'Heyne' which she now goes by. Everyone in the school knew her as a friendly face, everyone treater her respectfully. Except the group of queenkas. They formed a group and called themselves Dazzling Red-how stupid for a group of bullies. Every member of that group had confessed to the most 'popular' guy in school, Lu Han, but when they were all rejected, they formed a group that tormented any girl Luhan interacted with. Heyne had never interated with Luhan, she knew it would only lead to unnessesarry conflict with the queenkas. 

She stepped out the school grounds in search for breakfast to start another week at school. 

-

Luhan returned after a week of being in China, he hadn't missed Seoul but it was about time to go back. Luhan loved school- but the drama that he would come back to, the burden of having to be clueless of the queenkas wrong doings. He sighed and walked into the school gates. The elections for school president was coming up, and he saw banners, posters, everything imaginable pinned up. 'Vote Luhan for Student Body President'. By the design of the posters, he knew it was those wreched girls who put them up, it's only his second year here and he's already thinking about dropping out. "Welcome back, Luhan-oppa" the queenkas chimed as they swarmed him infront of the school doors. He was so disgusted that he almost scoffed, but he maintained his cool and smiled back thanking them for the welcome. He slipped away and went up to his dorm to put his things away. 'Dance class at 9. Get ready to be poisoned by the scent of perfume overdose' he thought as he looked at his schedule. 

He changed into his dance clothes and made his way to the dance hall, only to bump into someone. "Ah! Mianhae!" They both said and they bent down to pick up the bag that fell. "Hey, aren't you a bit young to be in here?" he asked and looked at the child-like girl. "Ani! I get that a lot." Heyne chuckled and looked up at him, "I'm Kim Heyne." She held out her hand, slightly regretting what she was doing. "I'm Luhan, but I'm gonna be Mr. Detention if i don't get to my class." He cracked and she slightly laughed. "Ah, I'm probably going to be late anyway. I'll see you around, Mr. Detention!" She joked and ran off. 

He watched her scurry off and chuckled. 'She's different.' He looked down at his watch and cursed himself, 'I'm gonna be late!' 

Heyne rushed back to her dorm after her encounter with almightyl 'Lu Han'. She forgot she had dance and didn't wear the right clothes. 'Way to start the week, Heyne' she cursed at herself before slipping back out of her room. 

"Mianhanda, Mrs. Choi" She bowed at the teacher before she stood with the other students. "Don't let it happen again, Ms. Kim." she dismissed the topic and continued speaking. "Since the pairs were already made, the late comers will be partnered up. The girls whinned and groaned as the teacher ended and Heyne was left in confusion. She looked around trying to figure out who her partner was when someone tapped her on the shoulder. "Looks like Mr. Detention has the honor today." Her eyes widdened and she felt the eyes burning holes into her. She smiled at him, as much as she didn't want this to happen, she had no choice at this point. "You guys are going to perform a dance." The class groaned and the teacher shot them mean glares, "It's going to be worth 50% of your semester grade. It's due in 2 months, so you better get used to your partner." Heyne's shoulders fell, she knew she would have to meet with Luhan often, but did her partner have to be Lu Han? 

-

Luhan's eyes diverted from the teacher to Heyne every now and then. Why wasn't she going all googly eyesall over him? Come to think of it, he didn't remember ever seeing her in this class. He's heard of her many times by Xiumin and some other friends, bt he's never actually met her until now.

Mrs. Choi dismissed them early due to personal matters and Luhan took advantage of the remaining time. "Umm Heyne" he smoothly walked beside her, "Say we go for a walk around the school?" Heyne  a smile, "Luhan-ssi, as much as I'd love to aquaint wih you." She looked up and shined a sincere smile, "I think it would be best if we don't". She lowered her head and he looked to his side in embarrassment, "I-I'll be going first." She said as she took her bag and made her way out the dance hall. He sighed as he watched her retreating figure. He knew well what she meant, but it wasn't going to stop him. Even if he had to be by her side every waking moment to make sure she was safe he would be willing to do so.

"Whatcha staring at?" Chen asked and stood infront of him. "The wall." He relied and shrugged him off. He couldn't help but be bothered, the one girl in the entire school who didn't gawk at him, didn't want to even be seen with him. He sighed and got up from his chair seat and walked along the garden path.

Heyne looked around making sure no one was around before sitting at her usual spot in the garden. "Ah.. today started out weird.." she said as she sat on the soft green grass below the cherry blossom tree. 'Aish... I'm thinking about this too much.' She heard a voice in the distance. Instinctively, she hid behind the vines that brapped down trying not to be seen. 'I hope those wreched girls don't touch her, or else- wait what are you thinking, Luhan?!' Her breath hitched as she heard the name. He couldn't possibly be talking about her?-no way!

-

"O-oh! A-Annyeong Heyne-ssi" Luhan jumped as he approached the tree. "O-oh! Anneyong" she said and slightly bowed. Heyne's phone vibrated, making her jump. "Oh. Mianhanda,  Luhan-ssi. I have a class." She scurried off and Luhan face paled himself. 

"I'm so stupid!"