1/3

You Have to Help ME!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning : There will a little bad words the conversation 

 

From far, sound of footsteps can be heard along the hallway. The footsteps? It didn’t sound like walking; it’s more to sound of people running. So fast and kind of rush. The owner of footsteps stopped for awhile, looking around, searching for the wanted face. ‘There she is,’ he cheered in his head.

He fastens the path towards the girl and quickly hugged her from behind causing the girl to gasp in shock.

“Ssshh… act normal. You need to help me. Please,” he whispered in her ear. The girl blew a raspberry, feeling relief and a bit annoyed with the guy.

She’s about to answer him when another sound of footsteps caught her hearing sense. She pouted. ‘Aish, drama will be start in 3…2…1… ACTION!’

“Himchan oppa!” another girl came and yelled the male's name for far. Himchan released his arms from the girl’s waist, turning around to face the voice owner.

“Oh, Seyoung ah. Wae?” he asked, smiling sweetly to the girl. The girl, Seyoung looked so fuming, storming her way toward the couple. Himchan glanced the surrounding and seems like everyone at the hallway really interested with the upcoming drama.

“Who is she?” Seyoung asked, looking at the girl from head to toe, judging her so hard.

“Ah, this girl. I’m sorry that I forget to introduce her to you…” he said, brought the girl near him and hugged her waist. Taking the action as her signal, the girl quickly forms a sweet smile on her face. “…. This girl is my girlfriend, Hayoung.” Once she heard the words that came out from the latter, Seyoung’s eyes widen.

“B…but...” she about to argue when Himchan cut her off. “Hayoung baby, this is Seyoung. She’s my junior. “

Hayoung nodded her head, giving the girl her sweetest fake smile ever. 'Mianhae junior. You fell for the wrong person.'

Seyoung walked towards Himchan brought herself closely to Himchan until there’s only an inch left. She took a deep breath and yelled at his face, “I HATE YOU!”

She turned around and walked away, ignoring all the weird looks that she received from others. Himchan sighed in relief. He kissed Hayoung temple but only to earn a deadly glare from the girl. She pushed him a bit.

“The Channie?! Pity her you pabo!” she scolded him. Himchan just gave her an innocent face, grinning like a little kid, showing off his charming hamster smile.

“I didn’t do anything though,” he replied, still giving Hayoung his grin. Hayoung shook her head and moved towards the café while Himchan trailed her from behind like a little puppy. They took a seat at of the empty table with a silence. Himchan pouted looking at Hayoung’s reaction.

“You’re not gonna talk to me now?”

Hayoung looked up and stared at Himchan, giving him a burning gaze. “Can you stop ruining other people’s feeling? And stop using me to run away from your ex?”

“Well, first of all, not all of them are my ex. Some of them just being obsess over me. Second, I didn’t do anything. I just let out my opinion about the relationship. Who ever asked them to be a wild beast once I asked them for a breakup? And lastly, because you’re my best friend and you know me too much. You love me and I love you. The end.”

“Whatever Channie,” she rolled her eyes before continued asking the male, “So what’s up with that junior Seyoung thing? Did you bang her before until she really pissed off?”

Himchan scoffed hearing Hayoung, “Hey I might looked like a prevy and I admitted it that I do changed my girlfriends like the way I changed my pants but seriously, I never bang any girl you idiot.”

“Then what happened? Tell me Chanchan.”

“I don’t know. It’s just suddenly she came to me and confessed her feeling. Okay, I admitted it that I do like it when people tell me that they love me but seriously, that was the first time I ever saw her. Then, after the day she confessed her feeling, she started to follow me, stalked me, and sent me a voice notes. She even came into my house and cooked for me. Daehyun almost got a heart attack when she suddenly greeted him in the kitchen. Lucky he didn’t die if not…”

“Yongguk probably kill you already,” she cut him off.

“Yeah right. Like that ever going to happen. So back to the story, I can’t handle it anymore. I want to tell you at first but you were so busy with your designing competition. Finally I decided to tell her that I already date someone and I choose today since yesterday was the competition day so you must be free. I asked Zelo to tell her about it and that dummy maknae told her where I was about and so I ran away and now here I am. With you,” he grinned again. Hayoung rolled her eyes. Part of her just doesn’t believe that she had being friend with the guy in front of her since the day she knew how to walk.

 

 

“Miss Lee? Are you okay?” a girl voice brought her back to reality.

“Y…yes. Oh yeah. Sure, I’m totally fine. Is there anything I could do for you?” Hayoung asked the girl who was standing in front of her. The girl walked towards her and handed a file. “Mr Wu want you check it first before he approve the proposal.”

Hayoung nodded her head and started flip the pages. “Okay. I will hand it back to you before I’m going home.”

“Okay. I’ll leave you here,” she said, leaving Hayoung’s office.

Hayoung sighed. This week was a tiring week for her. She had to handle a huge project since she’s one of the Wu’s most trusted workers. She checked every single pages of the proposal. One mistake, the company can loses millions dollars.

After 30 minutes, Hayoung stretched her body. She glanced at the office surrounding and stopped her track on a frame at side of table. Picture of her and Himchan during his birthday. Suddenly she felt like she missed her best friend so much.

Ring…ring…ring…

Sound of her phone ringing, snapping her away from her thought. Omma.

“Omma….”

“Hey sweetie. Miss me?” her mother . Hayoung giggled. “Sooooo muchhhhh.”

“Hahaha. So, since you missing me so much, I’m pretty sure you will join for dinner right?” ‘Dinner? What dinner?’ Hayoung thought. She clicked on her laptop and checked the date. 25/7/2014. Family dinner. She mentally scolded herself. ‘How can I forget the dinner?’

“Y…yeah. Of course I will be there. At 8 right?”

“Yup. I see you tonight honey! I miss you.”

“Miss you too.”

 

 

Hayoung walked towards the fancy restaurant. It’s been three months since the last time she met her parents. ‘Gosh, I miss them so much.’

“Reservation by Lee Jihoon,” she mentioned her father’s name at the front table worker. The man nodded his head before called one of the waitress to lead her to the reserved table.

“Enjoy your dinner,” wished the worker, bowing a little. Hayoung smiled and nodded her head, thanking her.

“Hayoung ah,” her mother called her. Hayoung fastening her path towards her gorgeous parents and hugged her mother before moved to her father.

“Have a seat pretty. Your omma already order your favourite food,” her father said. “Thank you,” she thanked the elder.

“How’s life?” her father started the conversation, sipping a bit of the red wine. “Good. It’s just this few days I had been busy with the company’s new project. The rest are fine. What about both of you?”

“We’re fine. It’s just I have thinking about the upcoming thanksgiving day. The whole family will be staying in ours since it’s our turned this year.”

“The whole family? Wow!”

“Yup and I want you to be there too. Spend sometimes with the family. You have be rarely going back home after been promoted,” her mother pouted. Hayoung smiled slightly. She hates to admit but everything that her mom had be mentioned was totally right. She rarely going back home, meeting with the rest of the family.

“Don’t worry. This year, I already applied a week off days for thanksgiving days. I’ll definitely be there.”

“That is so great baby and by the way…” her father stopped and glanced at her mother, giving her some sort eyes signals. “…don’t you have something else to tell her yeobo?”

“Tell me what?” Hayoung looked at her parents wondering about the topic.

“Erk… Hayoung baby, you’re already 24 rights?” her mother started, earning a nod from the daughter.

“I was wondering about your boyfriend because you never mention anything about boys before. Are you….” Hayoung knew where the topic will lead to and quickly denied it.

“No! I’m not lesbian and I’m positive about it,” she said. “That’s so relief to know. Then, I can’t wait for you to come home later.”

“And why it’s that?” she asked slowly, staring at her parents. Both of the parents looked so happy when she mention that she still have a feeling towards guys.

“I want you to meet someone. He always asking me about you and last week he finally tell me that he had a feeling on you and since you don’t have a boyfriend, I been wondering that it will be great for both of you to get to know each other.”

Hayoung looked so dumb founded hearing what her parents just told her. ‘Yes, I don’t have a boyfriend because I wasn’t looking for it yet. I want to focus on my career. , I have to stop this right here, right now.’

“But mom, dad. Don’t you think that I should choose my own life partner?”

“I know but you will love this guy once you getting to know him. He such a sweetheart.” Hayoung shooked her head. ‘I’m sorry omma, appa. I didn’t mean to lie but I have to.’

“I already have a boyfriend,” she stated causing her parents looked at her with a surprise look. Even her dad’s jaw hanging a bit.

“Y….you...You never tell us about this,” her mother said in a sad tone. Hayoung sighed.

“I want to surprise you. I was just thinking that maybe I should bring my boyfriend too this Thanksgiving Day.”

Hayoung really felt like banging her head on the table right now. ‘What the hell I just saying. I don’t have a boyfriend. You’re really an idiot Lee Hayoung. Pabo ya.’

Once hearing what Hayoung just said, a smile formed on her parents’ face. They looked so excited. Who won’t be excited right? When your child suddenly tells you that he or she already choose their love partner, one more steps before marriage.

“Oh my god. Okay! Now spill it out. What is his name? How long have you know each other? What is he doing for his life? Is he good-looking?” her mother bombed her with questions. Her father chuckled looking at her excited wife. “Calm down yeobo. Let Hayoung take her time first. First of all, do we know about this guy?”

Hayoung unwillingly nodded her head, “Yes.”

Her father smiled before mentioned a name that almost make Hayoung choked her dinner.

“Is it Himchan?”

Hayoung’s eyes widen when she heard Himchan’s name. Why on earth her father ever thought about Himchan being her boyfriend. Her mother clapped her hands together, “That’s right. It must be Himchan. I should have been noticed about this. You guys were so close since little. If your boyfriend is Himchan, I won’t mind at all. He’s such a great guy. So charming.” Her father nodded, agreed with his wife.

Hayoung desperately wanted to puke when her mother said that Himchan is a great guy. ‘Mom, you need to see his ex girlfriend list. It’s longer than your groceries list. But since you guys happy thinking that Channie is my man then you’re leaving me with no choice other than…,’

“Well, you guys are really got me there. I didn’t know it was so obvious.” Hayoung lied; feels like a huge burden just fell on her shoulder. ‘I'll die if they know that I was lying and Himchan so going to kill me if he knows that I was using his name.’

“I knew it! Yeobo, see I told you before that these two kids do hiding something from us. They have been stuck together like glue. Thank god. But why Himchan’s mother never mentioned us about this?”

“A...Ah...I…it is because...s...she didn’t know yet! We’re tried to surprise you but I guess it’s not longer a surprise for you guys.” She gave her parents a playful grin although she felt like a knife just stab her heart. She never lies before.

“Ohhhh. So, you better bring Himchan together with you this Thanksgiving Day. I will invite the Kim to join us.”

‘Shoot. That’s great Hayoung. Congrats. Now you need to handle more trouble.’ Hayoung just nodded her head, “Yeah. Sure, that will be amazing. I will inform him after this.”

“You guys live together?” her father asked. Hayoung shooked her head vigorously, “No!”

“Why not? He wasn’t really a stranger to you and I thought nowadays young couple always move in together?” her mother asked, looking into her eyes.

“Because Himchan’s workplace is quiet far away from my house and mine also far from his. So, we thought we should live separately before we bring the relationship to the next phase.” She explained. Well, this time it’s totally not a lie because Himchan’s workplace is far away from her house so does hers. But that brat always comes to her house especially during weekend because he’s too lazy to cook.

“Okay then. Oh god! I can’t wait for this year Thanksgiving,” her mother excitedly said, hugged her father leaving Hayoung with a huge problem.

 

 

 

Hayoung lazily dragged her legs towards her apartment. Her mind currently full with plans. A plan to tell Himchan without getting killed, how to avoid Himchan from join the thanksgiving and thousands more plans.

She twisted the door knob. She took off her shoes, dragged herself to the couch before laid herself on it. She sighed heavily and closed her eyes.

“What’s up with the sigh?”

“Argh!” Hayoung jumped in surprise, looking around until she saw Himchan who was  leaning himself near the kitchen door, munching an apple. “What the hell?! You want me to die or what?” Hayoung scolded him, threw a small pillow towards him but swagingly he dodged it. Himchan rolled his eyes before took a seat next to Hayoung.

“Anything you want to share? I thought you were happy meeting your parents though causing I’m pretty sure that I heard you're nagging about how much you missed your elder everyday,” he said, bite the apple.

“You will kill me if I tell you about it,” Hayoung said, kept on staring on the blackout television. Himchan looked at her weirdly while he started to lay his body on the couch and put his head on Hayoung’s lap. Hayoung sighed.

“You know I won’t kill you. We’re best friend. You can tell me anything. I promise I won’t get mad. Does it related to me? You and your parents had been talking about me? Aww… I feels so honour.” Hayoung rolled her eyes, smacked Himchan’s arm, lightly. Himchan laughed at Hayoung annoyed sight.

“My parents thought that I was a Lesbos because I never mentioned to them about any boys before,” she explained, ruffed her hair messily. Himchan chuckled hearing her nagged. “Are you’re not?” he said, earning a deadly glare from Hayoung.

“I’m pretty sure. 100% sure. I’m still drooling when I saw topless guys with abs duh. I even drooled when I once saw you and Yongguk shirtless,” she said but when she realised that the hell just came out from , she quickly closed with her palm. ‘The heck just I said. I’m so doom.’

“You have been drooling over me? Wow! I didn’t know that.” Himchan laughed loudly but stopped when Hayoung grabbed the apple and tried to shove it down his throat. “Hey! Hey! I still want to live you know. I haven’t married yet, idiot.”

Himchan quickly sat himself up, seized the apple and threw it away before tomorrow there will a headline on the newspaper about a guy die because of an apple.

“Then what was the problem? You could just tell them that you’re not a lesbian. Piece a cake.”

Hayoung buried herself down to the couch, “That’s not the problem. I already explained to them about it.”

Seeing his best friend in this kind of state, does managed to make Himchan being worried. “Then?”

“They want to set me up with this guy and I don’t want it. So, I accidently lied to them.” A wrinkle form on Himchan’s forehead. “You never lie before. What did you told them?”

“T…Th…that…” she stuttered, making Himchan became more anxious. “That what?”

“I…we…the…” Himchan became impatient and playfully yelled at her because he knew she will spill everything out when she in a shock state.

“What?!”

“That you and I are dating!” she spilled it, leaving Himchan in shock state. Hayoung looked down, stared on her feet. She didn’t dare to make an eye contact with Himchan. Himchan sighed heavily. “What about my parents? Don’t your parents feel weird that my mother didn’t mention anything about us?”

“I sort of had telling them that we’re planning to give them a surprise?” she replied, slowly turned to look at Himchan. Himchan ruffed his smooth dark brown hair.

“Ya…Hayoung ah. N….” he about to say something when his phone suddenly rang. Mommy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter