(6)

To This Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I walked toward the hospital in disbelief. Tears streaming down my face, No..No…this can’t be happening to me. This can’t happen. They were just smiling to me the other day telling me to work hard. No…this can’t be happening…please don’t. I walked into the emergency room finding my relatives.

The doctor walked out and I ran up to him. “Relation?”

“I..I’m their son. Are…are they alright? Are my parents alright? They’re fine right? Just small injuries? Please..please..”

He looked at me pitifully, “I’m sorry; both of your parents had passed away. They were on their way to this address, yet they died on the spot from a strong collision from the other car, who had a drunk driver driving.” I took the sheet of paper to see the address and my breath hitched. It was mine. They died on the way to my house. I assume they were going to surprise me. I lost it and started crying, bawling, demanding to see the bodies. My uncles were holding me back while all I could do was weep for my loss.  

 

It wasn’t long until their funeral was held. While my relatives were weeping, giving me my condolences, I tried my best to hold it in. A man can’t cry like this. He can’t cry or else he’d seem more pitiful.

Hours had passed and it was now midnight. I couldn’t do anything but drink right next to their pictures in the funeral home. “Dad..do you remember when the time when you came home all tired, yet I forced you to play with me? Though you were tired, you still agreed. My dad who would struggle to work every day and the young me who would cry because I couldn’t get the latest and coolest things kids had these days, I…I wanted to work hard so that I would treat you to something at least once..” I started crying again after holding it the whole day. “Mom..you’d make sure I was eating. I complained that I c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter