The truth

Heart beat

 

Jackie’s pov

 Flashback

“What did you said?!?” I almost screamed my heart out.

“Calm down miss.” The nurse said while patting my shoulder.

“Miss Amber has  stage 4 Glioblastoma multiforme, she has less than a year….” The doctor said in sympathy. “She needs to be admitted into the hospital as soon as possible.”

“Amber….” I looked at Amber who seemed to be in a state of depression.

“I  need some time…”

After a few days she decided to move back to Cali for medical treatment. The reason is obvious, she didn’t’ want her precious princess to see her leaving…..

“Amber!!” I cried when I saw her suffering badly. “You’ll be okay!!”

“I know it Jackie, I have no more time to spend….” She said bitterly. “Here….” She handed me her phone. “My princess is getting mad there…..” She coughed a few times before continuing. “I recorded 100 voice mail, pls send one to her everyday. And the messages.”

“Why are you doing this?”

“If I tell her I’m going to die, I’m afraid she’ll be sad. But I’m afraid to break up with her now… I don’t know why…. So pls let me  ‘break up' with her after I die….”

“I-I understand…..”

“And this…. If by chance you meet her someday, tell her the truth cause that might be God’s will….. And give her this……”

End of flashback.

 

Krystal’s pov

 

Tears are falling down like waterfall when I heard about the truth. I stand in front of Amber’s tomb, squad down, and shouted, “Why didn’t you tell me!! You should have told me then I wouldn’t have hated you for the past 8 years.Why? If you told me, we would’ve spend your remaining time together….. “

“pls don’t be like this Krys, Amber will be sad if she sees you like this.” Jackie comforted me. “Here is a letter Amber asked me to give you….”

“l-letter?”

“Yeah, here.”Jackie handed me an old letter. “I never open it…” She gave me a faint smile.

 

I quickly unfold the letter and read it carefully.

 

To my one and only, princess.

   Princess, if you have the chance to read this, means you know I’m not in this world again by now….. Well, I don’t know how old are you when you read this, are you an old lady now? Keke, even if you’re an old lady now I bet you’re still beautifull. The truth is, I really wanted to see you becoming an old lady…. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that I want to see you with wrinkles or what, what I mean is, I want to be with you until we both become old lady. I really think that if I’m not dead we would still be together now. You know, I ‘m really scared to see you cry. That’s why I decided to go to U.S. for medical treatment cause I know you will cry when you see me lying on the bed suffering.

  You know, I’ve never been so in love with someone before. I thought you were my other half. But maybe your other half is someone else….. But princess, my heart will always belong to you, even if it stops beating, even if it decayed, it’ll still beat for you…..

Your stupid servant,

Amber Liu.

 

“Amber….” I cried my eyes out. I lied down in front of her tomb…. Badump….. badump……. I can hear her heart beat…..  “You are my other half, even if you’re gone… I love you, stupid…”