She's gone

Heart beat

 

Krystal's pov

 

‘I hate you I hate you I hate you!!!’ that’s what I typed on my phone before sending it to my stupid girlfriend. She’s the worst!! She’s went to U.S. last year to study and she never once called me. She only texted me once a week asking me to stop calling her cause she’s either sleeping or studying when I’m calling her. I know the time difference between Korea and U.S. but she can’t just do this to me!!

“If you aren’t calling me we’re over!!” I left her a voice mail before throwing it on the floor. Stupid llama, you said you will always be there for me… tears began flowing down before I even realized.

I quickly picked up my phone when it rung. It’s a voice  mail…..

“Hey princess, I’m sorry for not replying your messages or your call lately, I’m having an exam. Please don’t be angry. And don’t worry, I’ll send you voice mails everyday from now on. But I can’t call you due to some reasons. Love you.” A smile crept on when I heard what she said. So she still cares about me…..

Since that day on, I’ve been getting voice mails everyday….

“Hey princess, me again . I know you must miss me a lot right? Hehe… I miss you a lot too. I dreamt about you almost every ninght. I really really really want to see you right now…… But I can’t….. cause I need to study, bye!” Stupid, I want to see you too.

“Hey princess, hope you won’t get bored listening to my voice everyday. I really want to hear yours though….. “ She sounded a bit sad, she really misses me huh? “I love love love you very very much. Bye.’” I giggled over her cheesiness,. My Amber’s back, her dorkiness and stupidness.

“Hey princess, ‘cough cough’ don’t worry, I just got a little cold since it’s winter here now…. I really want to see you. I miss youu so badly….” She ended the voice mail just like that…. Is she okay? She sounded weak….

After that, she stopped sending me voice mails, she sends me messages instead.

‘princess, I love you. Sorry but I’m having soretroath so I can’t send you voice mail. For now I’ll send you messages okay?’

‘princess, let’s break up…’ My heart stopped when I received this message. Break up?

‘I send her a message asking why. But she never replied….. I cried my heart out for the next few months and finally I moved on…..

 

8 years later…..

 

“Umma umma, it’s beautiful!!’”  My little boy said while dragging me to all kinds of places. Right, I’m married for 7 years now and I have a 5 years old son. Though I didn’t love my husband as deep as I love Amber but I’m happy with my life now. We’re now on a vacation to California. It’s my first time here and I really like it.

“K-krystall?” I turned my head only to find ……Jackie, Amber’s sister, looking at me happily. “It really is you!! You’re still so pretty.” She said while giving me a warm smile. “this is your kid? He’s so cute, just like her mom.”

“Tthanks.” I chuckled when my boy blushed.

“How have you been, Jackie?” I asked curiously.

“Oh, I’m good. I’m married and I have a girl around your son’s age.” 

“Good for you.” I said before asking her another question….”H-how about Amber?/”

Her face expression changed 360 degree when I mentioned Amber’s name. “What’s wrong?’ I asked in concerned.

“Right, you didn’t know.” She murmured with tears in her eyes.

“Didn’t know what??!”

“She passed away 8 years ago…” My heart stopped when I heard what she said.

“W-what!!”

“I need to tell you the truth…” Jackie gave me a faint smile. “Meet me here tomorrow.” She gave me a location….

“T-this is…”

“Yeah, where she was buried…”