xiumin

I'm Home

 

Luhan walked into M’s dorm. He knew the person he was looking for was by himself right now.

“Minseok?” Luhan called. 

There was no response.

Luhan followed the source of noise and walked into their living room.

Minseok was lying down on the couch, watching soccer. He was mindlessly fiddling with a rubik’s cube while watching the game.

“Hey!” Luhan called.

Minseok looked up lazily. “Oh, hey,” he said, getting up. Luhan went over to sit down next to him.

“Minseok, want to go eat hot pot? My treat,” Luhan said, smiling.

Minseok pouted. “You know I’m on a diet, Luhan.”

Luhan rolled his eyes. “You don’t need to lose anymore weight, Minseok. I miss my boazi~”

“He’s still here!” Minseok puffed his cheeks out playfully and laughed.

They sat in comfortable silence. Minseok’s attention was back on the game.

Luhan stared at the screen blankly. “Minseok, I need to talk to you,” he said after awhile.

“What did you say?” Minseok asked, eyes not leaving the screen.

“I need to talk to you,” Luhan said a bit louder.

Minseok turned to him. “Can’t it wait until after the game?” he pouted.

Luhan shook his head. “I don’t think I’ll have the courage to bring it up again…”

Minseok raised his eyebrows before lowering the volume. “What is it?”

Luhan took a deep breath. “I’m leaving, Minseok.”

Minseok stared at him. He chewed the inside of his cheeks.

Luhan looked back at him and swallowed.

After a long silence, Minseok nodded. “Well, your health comes first, Luhan,” he said, eyes unconsciously trailing over Luhan’s arm. Marks from numerous IV drip injections decorated his arm.

Luhan continued staring at Minseok in silence.

Minseok sighed and took Luhan’s hand and traced the scars on the back of it. “Luhan, I’m not mad at you. We all knew this was coming. Your health is getting worse and worse…”

Luhan felt his eyes water and blinked back his tears furiously. “You’re not mad?”

Minseok shook his head. “Of course not, stupid. I’m just worried about how SM will react to this. You know it's not going to be pretty.

"And our fans," Minseok added as an afterthought. "Dealing with two members leaving in less than a year..."

Luhan sighed. “You know this will probably put an end to M’s promotions in China…”

“I know,” Minseok nodded. “We’ll figure something out. The important thing is for you to regain your health, Luhan.”

“I can say the same for you. You really need to stop losing weight, Minseok,” Luhan pleaded.

“Okay, okay,” Minseok said, putting his arm over Luhan’s shoulders.

“I’m sorry,” Luhan said quietly.

“Don’t apologize,” Minseok sighed.

Luhan’s eyes trailed to the abandoned rubik’s cube on the coffee table. “You still can’t solve this?” he asked, smirking playfully.

“Hey, not everyone’s like you,” Minseok smacked him on the arm lightly.

“Ow, that hurt!” Luhan groaned.

Minseok grinned, before turning away. He blinked a few times before turning back to his friend and smiling.

* * *

BREAKING: EXO’s Luhan files lawsuit against SM Entertainment to terminate contract

 

Minseok’s phone rang. He looked over and saw a group text from their manager:

Everyone go back to the dorms now. Don’t post on SNS or talk to press.

Minseok closed his eyes and sighed. He shut off his phone, knowing it would start ringing constantly. He quickly left the gym and walked to M’s dorm.

A small crowd of fans were in front of the entrance. Some were crying hysterically. Minseok bowed a few times in silence as he squeezed his way through.

Minseok walked into the living room where Yixing, Jongdae, and Tao were sitting around. Yixing looked over at him and nodded while Jongdae grimaced. Tao was crying silently in the corner. Minseok squeezed Tao’s shoulder comfortingly before walking to his room.

Minseok sat down on his bed and took a deep breath. His eyes trailed to something on his desk. He scrunched his eyebrows in confusion and walked over.

His rubik’s cube was sitting on his desk, finally solved for the first time since he bought it. Minseok picked up the post-it note that was attached to it. 

Goodbye.