Red cheeks

The Nerd Next Door

Chapter 2 - Red Cheeks 

I laid on my comfortable bed, sighing as I spread my arms and legs staring at the cieling. That was really weird... Minho and I? I mean... It's only the first day. I grabbed my phone from the side table beside my bed and called Krystal. 

"Hello?" yawned Krystal, "Krystal! I have... Uh... Question" I stammer, "at 2am in the morning?... Why aren't you asleep?" Krystal asks grogily, "um... I couldn't sleep but seriously! I have a serious question to ask" I pout, Krystal laughs softly, "okay, what is it?" 
"Is it possible to... I don't know... Like someone on the first day?" I ask cautiously, I could hear Krystal rustling in the bed, "Why?! Do you like someone? Did you and Jonghyun start to talk again?" Krystal asks excitedly, I shudder at the thought of Jonghyun, "no! It's nothing like that. Nevermind, go back to sleep, talking to you is already feeling like a chore" I hiss, with that I hang up before Krystal could say anything. 

It was a cold and windy day, I left for school early this morning with no sleep... I could see the sun rising. "S-Sulli?" a familiar voice stuttered, "oh! Minho!" I laugh, "why are you up this early?" I ask curiously. Minho cocked his head to the side... Damn, that was cute. "I always leave early in the morning, I never see anyone else leaving this early. "Oh... Uh I just couldn't sleep last night" I state shyly, Minho gives me a small smile. We walked together to class that morning, we sat in the classroom quietly, Minho was studying the books for that class and I was just staring off into space outside the window. 

"Oh, you are here early Sulli" Jessica smiles, I nod, "you are too... Not as early as me though" I stick my tongue out playfully. Jessica shrugs, "my dad has been pushing me to get better grades or else I won't get that new car I am hoping to get after I graduate" she says annoyed as she rolls her eyes. Bleh... I'm not looking forward to graduating, the end of the year exams are going to be hard. "Hey nerd" Jessica snickers, Minho didn't even bother to acknowledge Jessica, I could see Jessica looking a bit mad. "H-Hey Jessica, sit down with me and talk to me" I say quickly, I don't want anyone to cause trouble for Minho. Jessica shrugs it off and sat at the desk beside me. 

It was a long and tiring day and oddly enough, I was rather excited to study today... Minho was there already, no surprise, I made my way to the table and sat beside him. "Hello Minho" I greet him happily, "h-hi" he shyly replies. He is made fun of a lot for his stuttering problem but I think it's kind of cute... Wait, Choi Sulli stop that! I mentally slap myself in the face. 

The next day it went from studying after school to studying lunch times and after school, then the next day it went from studying during break, lunch and after school. The day after that, it went from Minho sitting beside me in every class we had together. I liked it, I knew it was probably hurting my repuation but Minho was such a kind person and he was much more comfortabl around me I'm sure of it. 

It was the weekend, a few of my friends wanted to go out and I decided to invite Minho. I was rather nervous... None of my friends have actually acknowledge his existance except for Krystal. I asked Minho to bring one of his friends, I can't wait to meet who hangs out with Minho. I put on a nice white loose dress with flower prints on it, paired up with a red headband. I look cute, I smile to myself in the mirror. Krystal knocked on my bedroom door with her signature knock. "Sulli, I'm coming in... 3... 2... 1... TA DA!" Krystal jumped in, wearing cute blue skinny jeans and a white blouse. "You look lovely" Krystal compliments, "same to you my love" I giggle. 

We met up at our favourite ice-cream place with the others. I anxiously searched for Minho, "Sulli, are you looking for someone?" Key asks, I nod distractedly. "Minho isn'there yet, we should wait" I ask. Key stared at me confused, "I don't know who Minho is but anything for the goddess" he joked. I finally spotted Minho with another female walking towards us. "Minho!" I waved my hands frantically, he waved back. Key scoffed, "the nerd? That's Minho?" I ignored him. I quickly ran up to Minho, "you came!" I say happily. Minho had a wide grin plastered on his face, it was rare for me to see that. Was it because of the girl he was with? 

She was pretty nerdy looking herself, she had a long plaid skirt on that reached up to her knees and a black turtle neck tucked into her skirt, she was also wearing glasses and she had a few books in her hand. "I'm Yuri, Minho's best friend" she smiles, her voice was soft and sweet. "Hi, I'm Sulli. I don't think we have ever met before" I state, assuming she went to the same school as me. Yuri laughed, "well I go to a different school. I'm sure we would have if I attended your school" she states. Something about Minho and Yuri together made me uneasy. 

Key and Yoona walked to me, standing beside me. "If it isn't the duo nerd squad" Key teased high fiving Yoona, "what are you doing being caught up with these losers?" Key laughed at me. I felt embarrassed and helpless. Yuri and Minho were walking together at the back and I was being dragged along the front with Jessica's arm linked to my left and Yoona's arm linked to my right. Krystal was in the middle, she didn't look too happy. Key and Onew were behind Krystal, pretty sure they were trying to look their best that they weren't actually with Yuri and Minho. In a way, trying to cut them off in the group. 

We took a bus down to the beach, Key and Onew were setting up a BBQ. Krystal was talking with Yoona and Jessica, I was finally free and I made my way to Yuri and Minho who were sittig under a tree away from everyone. "Hi" I smile, comfortable sitting beside Minho with my legs crossed. Minho smiled, Yuri gave me a small smile. "So... Are you two enjoying yourself?" I ask, "Of c-" Minho started, "no" Yuri cut him off. Minho softly nudged Yuri, signaling to keep shut, "no Minho. Sulli you invited us to have fun but we don't feel comfortable at all and I'm sure none of your friends want us here" Yuri sighed. I felt guilty, they were right. 

"I'm sorry, my friends are pretty mean..." I felt horrible, I shouldn't of tried to merge two social groups together. "It's okay, I'm sure in your head it all worked out" Yuri was straight forward, I liked that about her. But she seemed rather close to Minho and I felt... Jealous? "We're going to leave first" Yuri stated, Minho didn't have a say it looks like. Minho silently followed, I'm sure he felt embarrassed or shy or something... I waved awkwardly at the two as they walked off. "Bye losers!" I heard the girls except Krystal yell out, then bursting into a fit of giggles. I was mad... But I couldn't do anything. 

It was Monday, today was the test. I was nervous, I don't want to fail and I don't want all of Minho's hard work to be for nothing. Minho sat beside me in English, he gave me a thumbs up to reassure me that I could do this. I smiled gratefully, Mr Hyun handed out our test. "Okay class, you can start now." Everyone turned their papers around and the sounds of pens scribbling echoed through the classroom. Apart from Minho, I was the second person to finish the test. Minho and I were to wait outside while the others were finishing off their test.

"How do you think you did?" Minho asks nervously, I shrug, "I hope I did good. I felt like I did... All the questions didn't really get me thinking a whole heap... I felt like we went through all these before." Minho sighed, "I just don't want you to fail" Minho mumbled softly. My heart skipped a beat, he sounded like he genuinely cared for me. Everyone was finally done with their test, Minho and I stayed back to talk to the teacher. "Mr Hyun, would you be able to mark my test now? I just want to know if I did good or did I already fail?" I ask him nervously, he nods and smiles. 

Minho and I seat ourselves at the front desk anxiously waiting for the results. 15 minutes later, Mr Hyun sighed relieved, "you did it Sulli, A+" he laughs. I wanted to scream in joy except I hugged Minho tightly, indulging his beautiful scent, I could feel my heart beating faster. I let go embarrassed, "sorry I was excited..." I say shyly. He smiled, "Sulli I am so happy that you did it." he smiles. "I couldn't of done it without you..." I blush. 

~
Authors note: 
Second chapter up! Thanks for your support guys! Comment, vote, subscribe please! 
Poster coming soon.