02

Dangerous Fate

"Father, you won't ever leave Mihyun alone, right?" Mihyun asked her father who smiled and shook his head.

"Never, sweetheart. Never." Mihyun smiled cheerfully at her father's answer. 

"Promise?" Mihyun held up her pinky finger and her father chuckled before nodding and hooking his finger with hers.


Unknowingly, a tear had slipped down her eyes at the dream. She still remembered it all like it had just happened yesterday. Slowly,she opened up her eyes and she was once again greeted by the same bedroom she had seen in her dreams. Only this time, her father wasn't there. With a sigh, she slowly sat up. Just then, the door slipped open and she was greeted by a male whom she's never seen before.

"What the-" Mihyun was shocked. "Who..Who are you?" She asked cautiously. She was taken aback when the male suddenly pouted before stepping towards her, looking very displeased. 

"You don't remember me? It's me!" The male said as he sat down and showed her the scar which was on his right leg though it was now covered up by the black pants he was wearing. At that sight, the memories of the wolf from the previous night ran through her mind.

"You're the wolf?!" Mihyun was taken aback. He was one of the few spirits left in this world? Unbelievable. The male nodded before smiling gently.

"Yes, I'm that wolf who was being hunted down by the soldiers. Thank you very much for saving me, by the way. I'm in your debt." The male bowed his head in a form of respect to the girl. "My name is Sehun. Oh Sehun." The male then continued. "And you are?" He tilted his head slightly in curiousity.

"I'm Mihyun..." Mihyun replied. "I remember you now. I offered you a place to stay which was my home." She told him. "Do you have anywhere else to go?" She asked and Sehun shook his head.

"Sadly, no. I was actually planning on asking you if I could stay here for a little while more. Until my wound recovers." Sehun told her. She nodded with a gentle smile.

"Of course. Since you'll be staying here, it's best I showed you around, huh? I'd best introduce you to the others staying here too otherwise they'd end up attacking you by mistaking you as an intruder." Mihyun chuckled. "Could you please go out for a minute? I need to change my clothes." Sehun nodded and obediently left Mihyun alone.

"I think I'm crazy." Mihyun muttered to herself before shaking her head and quickly getting dressed in her kimono. With a sigh, she tied her hair up before securing it in place with a flower ring. Once she was done, she stepped out of her room where she found Sehun standing there patiently. "Thank you for waiting. Now let's go, I'll show you around." She smiled softly at him before beginning to show him around.

Soon, they reached the courtyard where Sehun spoke for the first time since they left her room. 

"Who's the leader of this shrine..?" Sehun asked, curious. 

"Me." Mihyun told him truthfully and Sehun looked at her, slightly taken aback. "I-" Mihyun was cut off when a sword was suddenly stuck in between her and Sehun.

 

Author's Note! 
Hello! Here's the second chapter. Hopefully it was enjoyable and not too confusing. If there are any questions (that do not involve me, spoiling the plot), do leave it down below and I'll get to you! ^^ Oh and thank you very much for subscribing! It makes me so happy. c: