Sequel

Condemning but still... It's love

Sungyeol was dense. No. He wasn’t dense. He was very, very dense. But no matter how dense a person could be, he still understood his own feelings. Sungyeol did know about his feelings for Myungsoo before he actually asked Myungsoo what it meant to have his heart raced for someone. He just did that out to test out Myungsoo’s reaction but Myungsoo seemed to be a denser kid than him.

 

‘Urgh.’ Sungyeol ruffled his hair in frustration. Seemed that he had taken a wrong approach in the beginning.

 

Sungyeol thought about the times which he spent time with Myungsoo. Myungsoo was always there to clean after his mess and settle the trouble he made. Despite the bickering and complaining, Sungyeol could not deny the facts that Myungsoo really took good care of him as a close friend.

 

‘…ngyeol. Sungyeol ssi!’ A classmate tapped his shoulder and he slightly jumped.

 

‘Y-Yes?’ Sungyeol looked up.

 

‘Someone is calling for you.’ That classmate pointed at the door and Sungyeol saw Sunggyu by the door, smiling and waving at him.

 

‘Thanks.’ Sungyeol stood up and walked towards Sunggyu.

 

‘Sunggyu hyung, is there anything that you need? Myungsoo is not in this class for the next lesson-‘

 

‘Nope. I am here to meet you. Got a question to ask you.’ Sunggyu shook his head and smiled.

 

‘Hm? What question?’ Sungyeol looked confused.

 

‘Well, let’s take a walk since it is a fifteen minutes break.’ Sunggyu offered and Sungyeol just followed.

 

They slowly headed to the staircase where there were only a few students.

 

‘Sungyeol ah, you might think that it is weird for me to ask you this question, but what do you think of Myungsoo?’ Sunggyu looked at him in the eye and Sungyeol wanted to avoid eye contact.

 

‘W-Well, I see him as a close friend of course. Why did you ask this all of a sudden? I-I mean, we have been good and we haven’t been into fight or cold war if you don’t count those daily bickering.’ Sungyeol stuttered a little and he looked everywhere but Sunggyu.

 

‘No, I am not asking you about how you see Myungsoo as a friend. I am asking you how do you find him as a person?’ Sunggyu didn’t know how to phrase his words as well since he was debating whether to ask Sungyeol whether he like Myungsoo or not.

 

‘Huh? I don’t really get your question. Myungsoo is a kind, nice person although he can be quite blunt and mean sometimes.’ Sungyeol was starting to get confused again.

 

‘Argh! No! I wanted to ask you, if you have any other feelings for my brother, apart from friendship?’ Sunggyu almost died of frustration.

 

‘H-Huh?’ Sungyeol felt all the blood rushed up to his face and he didn’t know what to reply. ‘I-I’d better get going. Classes are starting soon so see you later Sunggyu hyung!’

 

With that, Sungyeol ran off at an incredible speed.

 

Sunggyu looked at the younger running away and sighed.

 

‘Sorry, Myungsoo ah. I seemed to have spoiled things for you.’ Sunggyu whispered in his heart as he headed back to class as well.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

With Sunggyu initiating to talk to him, Sungyeol began to suspect if he was being too obvious. As he thought more about it, he decided to ignore that thought. Since Sunggyu hyung came to ask him, this meant that nobody knew anything yet, right…?

 

‘Gah!’ Sungyeol threw himself on his bed and rolled around,

 

The dormitory door was unlocked and Myungsoo walked in, seeing Sungyeol rolling around, Myungsoo raised his brows and stared.

 

‘What the heck are you doing?’ Myungsoo asked as he put down his stuff.

 

‘Nothing.’ Sungyeol replied while covering himself with his baby pillow.

 

‘Are you going to use the bathroom? If you are not, I am going to use it.’ Myungsoo took off his tie and blazer, ing the first few buttons of his shirt, displaying his collar bone.

 

Sungyeol gulped when he saw those and shook his head vigorously. Myungsoo just gave him a weird look and went into the bathroom with his towel.

 

Get a grip, Lee Sungyeol. Sungyeol slapped his own face after sitting up, with his face blushing like a big tomato.

 

‘I’m done. Have you showered? If you haven’t you better do so now. I’m afraid that there won’t be hot water supply later and you will catch a cold if you don’t take a hot shower in this weather.’ Myungsoo came out only with a towel wrapped around his waist. ‘By the way, about the feelings you mentioned the other day-‘

 

‘I will go and take a shower now!’ Sungyeol ran into the bathroom and slammed the door.

 

Myungsoo was a little upset, actually. Not just that Sungyeol was unwilling to talk to him about his feelings now, coming to think of Sungyeol liking some girl was just unacceptable in Myungsoo’s opinion. Myungsoo, by now, had realised that he actually liked Sungyeol. Myungsoo smiled bitterly to himself. Seemed like he didn’t stand a chance anymore, huh?

 

On the other hand, Sungyeol was debating whether to tell Myungsoo about his feelings for him. The greatest fear he had was that he would lose Myungsoo as a good friend if his confession fails. Then somehow, what Sungjong used to say last time came to him.

 

Sungyeol hyung, I don’t really understand, you are never afraid to make nasty comments about the teachers’ bad fashion sense or whatsoever, why are you so scared to face your own feelings? They are equally real, right?

 

Sungjong was right. Everything was just like a gamble, if he won, it would be happily ever after. If he lost, it would not necessarily mean that he lost Myungsoo as a friend, right? Sungyeol decided. To bet with whatever he had.

 

Myungsoo, who was lying on his bed, also thought about what Sunggyu told him.

 

Myungsoo ah, it is never scary to actually try to protect something you treasure. The most important thing is, never betray your heart, try to listen to your inner feelings, and don’t always suppress them. You will live a very tired life.

 

Sunggyu hyung was always right. Why not listen to him this time as well? Myungsoo was determined to protect something he didn’t want to lose. He quietly waited for Sungyeol to come out of the bathroom. Within ten minutes, the bathroom door was flung open and Sungyeol ran out.

 

‘Myungsoo!’

 

‘Sungyeol!’

 

They both called out each other’s name at the same time.

 

‘Erm, I think you can go first.’ Sungyeol’s eyes wandered around with his face slightly flustered.

 

‘Fine.’ Myungsoo cleared up his throat and said. ‘Lee Sungyeol, I like you. Not just a friend but I want to start a romantic relationship with you. I know that there is someone you like but I just want to tell you that if your relationship with that person won’t work, I will still be an option for you.’

 

Sungyeol stared at Myungsoo wearing a disbelief expression plastered on his face. Myungsoo was a little uncomfortable with Sungyeol’s stare and looked away, blushing.

 

‘Stop staring. I mean, we are still friends, right? even if you don’t like m-‘

 

‘I do! I do like you! And don’t be stupid, I thought I was obvious enough. The one I like is you, plus, you don’t see me hanging out with others, apart from my circle of friends.’ Sungyeol yelled.

 

‘So…’ Myungsoo looked at him, a little surprised. ‘We are going out?’

 

‘I-I guess so.’ Sungyeol looked at the ground.

 

‘Great!’ Myungsoo jumped up and hugged Sungyeol, he had never thought his confession would be this smooth and he was truly happy.

 

‘Ahem. Am I interrupting something?’ Woohyun peeped through the gap of the door along with Sunggyu.

 

‘No, not really.’ Myungsoo laughed and let go of Sungyeol who looked as though he was going to faint.

 

The end.

 

Small extra:

 

While Myungsoo wasn’t looking, Sungyeol stole a piece of fried chicken from Myungsoo’s plate and munched on it immediately. The rest of the people sitting with them just rolled their eyes as they continued to eat their lunch, although from their expression it could be seen that they actually anticipated with Myungsoo’s reaction when he discovered Sungyeol’s ‘crime’.

 

‘Lee Sungyeol. Did you stole my food again?’ Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol’s stuffed cheek and a vein on his forehead started popping.

 

‘Nope.’ Sungyeol swallowed that mouthful of food and gave him a bright smile.

 

Myungsoo gritted his teeth and grabbed Sungyeol’s cheek, pressing his lips onto Sungyeol’s and Sungyeol took 10 seconds to react after he heard chopsticks falling onto the table from Woohyun's hands.

 

‘Yah! What’s that for!’ Sungyeol blushed like there was no tomorrow.

 

‘Payback for stealing my food.’ Myungsoo just smirked and continue to eat his lunch.

 

The end (For real)

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Yes!!!! I finally ended this fanfic after dragging for so damn long~ You won't understand the happiness of checking the box of mark story complete! Thank you for those who stick with me for so long and really happy to have you guys to go through this fanfic with me. :) Have a good day ahead and last but not least, a big THANK YOU  for those who subbed, voted and commented! See you in my next fanfic!