1/2

Condemning but still... It's love

'How do I look?’ Woohyun asked Sungyeol, who was reading a magazine while lying on his belly on his bed, flipping to the next page after scanning all the models in it. Sungyeol looked up and sighed.

 

‘Lie or truth.’ Sungyeol rolled over, stretched his impressively long body and let out a long yawn.

 

‘Truth, duh. It’s not like you know how to lie anyway.’ Woohyun frowned.

 

‘Fine, since you chose truth, I might as well be frank with you.’ Sungyeol said at a painfully slow pace. ‘You’ll get ditched by Sunggyu after today if you decide to wear this horrible green and yellow checker shirt and those torn jeans. And your insoles are a little too much today, your heels look as though they are going to stick out if you bend down and your bb cream, Woohyun, have you look at yourself in the mirror? You didn’t apply it evenly. Look! There’s a white patch at your forehead!’ Sungyeol pointed at Woohyun and threw him a small mirror.

 

‘About my shirt and pants, they’re popular nowadays okay? And my insoles, well, I don’t have your height for goodness’ sake. I somehow feel that I’m horribly undressed now, because of your kind advice.’ Woohyun pouted and tried to even out his bb cream on his face. ‘And this is my first freaking date. Oh gosh. I should’ve talked to Sungjong instead. I feel like a loser now.’

 

‘Well, I think Sungjong will freak out when he see you in this outfit, not giving you advice and most likely will burn your clothes or something.’ Sungyeol gave him a lazy smile.

 

‘Aish! What should I do now?’ Woohyun cried. ‘I don’t have much time left.’

 

‘No, you don’t.’ Sungyeol agreed with him. ‘In fact, you have only 3 minutes left before your date runs away and thinks that you have stood up on him.’

 

‘! Why didn’t you tell me earlier?!’ Woohyun cursed and ran out of the dorm, slamming the door.

 

It was just another boring afternoon, where all Sungyeol’s friends had decided to go out with their dates and Sungyeol had no one. Sungyeol didn’t care though. Sure, he didn’t’ have a lot of friends and the fact that all his friends were attached didn’t bother him at all. Since no one was available for him to bother. He decided to take a walk at Myungdong, where lots of new and interesting things could be found.

 

‘Oh, come on, I’m pretty sure you want this, babe.’ A few men were pulling a teenage girl towards a black alley, yet no one was stopping them, passers-by were just rushing past them.

 

‘P-Please! Let me go! I don’t know who you all are!’ The young girl cried out pitifully.

 

Sungyeol frowned. He hated these sort of situation. He marched over and slapped those guys’ hands off her.

 

‘What? You’ve got a problem here?’ One of the not-so-friendly looking guys asked, pushing Sungyeol on his chest and causing Sungyeol to stumble backward a little.

 

‘You shouldn’t do that to a young girl, it’s obvious that she didn’t want to go with you all. Look! She’s going to cry soon!’ Sungyeol pointed at the poor girl, who was shivering in fear.

 

‘You will regret, bamboo stick. You will regret poking your nose into our business.’ Another guy, who had a huge tattoo of deadly looking serpent said.

 

‘Run.’ Sungyeol whispered into the girl’s ear and faced the gangsters again.

 

‘You bastard!’ One of them threw a punch at Sungyeol and Sungyeol successfully dodged it. But he knew he wouldn’t be able to dodge anymore sooner or later because, hell, there were 5 of them and there was only one Lee Sungyeol. He ran. It wasn’t the manliest thing on earth to do but Sungyeol didn’t want to die young.

 

Sungyeol knew his way pretty well and he could tell that those gangsters weren’t really familiar with the streets. He knew a few streets ahead would be one of his mother’s friend’s home. He could use that. He ran towards that direction and he saw from afar that the door was not locked so he just ran in and slammed the door. He leant against the door and panted loudly. He peaked through the window and tried to see whether the gangsters had caught him hiding here.

 

‘Where the hell is that bamboo stick?’

 

‘Aish! We’ve lost him! Rotten luck today. That girl’s is pretty and we missed the fun. He’d better don’t run into any of us again or else he’ll die. I’ll kill him with my bare hands.’ Sungyeol shivered at the thought. Yes. Please, he prayed, don’t ever let me meet those gangsters again. A loud gasp caused Sungyeol to turn and gasp as well.

 

That brought Sungyeol to one conclusion. He wasn’t in his mother’s friend’s house since his mother’s friend didn’t have any children. Sungyeol stared at the boy who just came out of the bathroom with only a white towel wrapping his waist loosely and his hair still dripping wet. Boy, he had a good figure as well. Six pack.

 

‘Who the hell are you and what are you doing in my house?’ The younger (Sungyeol assumed) demanded and he readjusted his towel, making it tighter around his waist.

 

‘Mm. Sorry. I’m about to visit my mum’s friend. I guess I got into the wrong house.’ Sungyeol lied and the other boy narrowed his eyes at Sungyeol. Obviously he didn’t believe Sungyeol. Sungyeol was a bad liar. He didn’t learn the skill of lying at all.

 

‘Your mother’s friend? I don’t think any ahjumma here is expecting anyone and I don’t think your mother will befriend of any of my neighbour. Unless, your mum’s friend is a ghost or a trespasser and apparently I think you are.’ He crossed his arms in front of his toned chest and Sungyeol gulped.

 

‘I’ve gotten the wrong street, okay?’ Sungyeol lied again. ‘Look, I’ve already say I’m sorry, what else do you want me to do?’

 

‘What I want you to do?’ The other guy was a little shorter than him but still, their eyes were able to meet each other and Sungyeol found the other very good looking actually. Weird. Was it him hallucinating or the guy was really getting closer?

 

The owner of the house smirked and placed his hands on each side of Sungyeol, disallowing Sungyeol to escape while he examined him. Sungyeol winced a little as he tried to keep his face as far as possible from the stranger’s face.

 

‘You’re afraid, aren’t you?’ The stranger smirked. ‘What is your name?’

 

‘L-Lee Sungyeol.’ Sungyeol stuttered. Oh no, was this guy going to him then murder him after that?

 

‘You’re from Woollim High aren’t you?’ the stranger suddenly asked.

 

‘Yeah. How did you know?’ Sungyeol’s eyes widened in surprise. Then he looked at his blazer in his hand. Oh.

 

‘I’ll remember you.’ He got away from Sungyeol. ‘Get out of my house now.’

 

Sungyeol flung open the door and ran all the way back home, totally terrified. He prayed hard that he wouldn’t meet anyone that he had gotten into trouble that day. But, oh, how wrong he was to think that way.

 

Sungyeol didn’t usually give a crap about other students in school, except for his friends, but when a hamster approached their table, he couldn’t help but blurted out something unpleasant.

 

‘Hyung, who is this? He looks like a chubby hamster.’ Sungyeol chuckled and Woohyun glared at him, giving him a kick.

 

‘Well, I’m not a hamster but I’m Kim Sunggyu, nice to meet you.’ Sunggyu smiled, not minding what Sungyeol had said at all. ‘You’re the straight forward Lee Sungyeol that is well-known around here, aren’t you?’

 

‘Yep. So you’re older than us?’ Sungyeol looked at Sunggyu.

 

‘Yes. I’m older than all of you here.’ Sunggyu let out a small laugh. ‘In fact, I have a brother in this school as well.’

 

‘Brother? Who?’ Sungjong was interested and took a sip of his fruit juice.

 

‘You guys might have heard of him. Kim Myungsoo.’ Sunggyu smiled.

 

‘Oh my god. Kim Myungsoo? You guys don’t look alike!’ Sungjong exclaimed and Sunggyu laughed loudly.

 

‘I’ve gotten that a lot.’ Sunggyu explained. ‘But yes, he’s my baby brother.’

 

‘I don’t know who that is.’ Sungyeol murmured but Sungjong managed to pick that up.

 

‘Hyung, are you seriously a caveman or something? Kim Myungsoo is the hot guy around here. He is damn handsome.’ Sungjong rolled his eyes, then he pointed at somewhere. ‘Oh! That’s him!’

 

‘Myungsoo ah! Over here!’ Sunggyu waved his hand a little and Myungsoo started walking to their table.

 

At the exact moment that Myungsoo reached their table, Sungyeol looked up and both the newcomer and Sungyeol had a shock. Sungyeol stood up and pointed finger at Myungsoo and Myungsoo did the same.

 

‘You?!’ They yelled at the same time.

 

‘Well, hyung, so you have been lying. You know Kim Myungsoo after all.’ Sungjong snickered.

 

‘I don’t know his name is Kim Myungsoo!’ Sungyeol denied while his eyes were still widened, Myungsoo smirked.

 

‘Myungsoo ah, how did you guys know each other?’ Sunggyu looked at his brother curiously.

 

‘Well, remember I told you about a ert who ran into our house and I had just finished bathing with only a towel wrapped around my waist?’ Myungsoo glared at Sungyeol. ‘That’s him.’ He gestured at the tall latter.

 

‘You… Sungyeol, I didn’t know you’re this sort of person.’ Sunggyu looked a little shock, while the rest of Sungyeol’s friends’ jaws dropped.

 

‘I did not!’ Sungyeol cried. ‘I was chased by gangsters and I really thought it was my mother’s friend’s home!’

 

‘Gangsters?’ Sungjong looked at Sungyeol. ‘What did you do again, Sungyeol hyung?’

 

‘Well, I was walking down Myungdong since all of you guys have your date, and then I passed by this alley where a bunch of gangsters were trying to harass a girl. I told her to run and face the gangsters instead. That’s why I was running.’ Sungyeol explained. ‘And I didn’t mean to go into some random people’s home!’ Sungyeol added, puffing up his cheeks.

 

‘Ah, I see.’ Sunggyu nodded.

 

‘You guys seriously buy his story?’ Myungsoo couldn’t believe the rest who were nodding. ‘That’s like the lamest excuse ever!’

 

‘It is pretty typical of Sungyeol. He loves to play hero and ended up being the coward.’ Woohyun laughed.

 

‘Am not!’ Sungyeol scowled before shoving another spoonful of rice into his mouth.

 

----

 

‘Great news Sungyeol!’ Woohyun yelled the moment he entered the dorm that he and Sungyeol shared.

 

‘What is it?’ Sungyeol replied without looking up, he was wearing his glasses and doing his homework.

 

‘We’re going to have a new classmate!’ Woohyun jumped onto his bed and hugged the pillow.

 

‘New student?’ Sungyeol was still scribbling words onto his worksheet.

 

‘Nope! A student will be transferred from Mr Park’s class to Mr Yoon’s class!’ Woohyun continued.

 

‘Uh-huh. I don’t think it will concern me in anyway.’ Sungyeol replied once again. He still had one more question to tackle before he could call it a day for his homework.

 

‘Oh, this is where you’re wrong, because it concerns every bit of you.’ Woohyun smirked.

 

‘What are you talking about?’ Sungyeol finally turned to face Woohyun, removing his glasses off his face. ‘Who the hell will that be?’

 

‘You’ll see.’ Woohyun his lips and Sungyeol just simply shrugged it off.

 

----

 

‘ Woohyun! I’m going to get you during lunch! I swear!’ Sungyeol hurriedly got dressed and made a run for the classroom block after grabbing his schoolbag and his blazer, his tie was still hung loosely around his neck. Woohyun had left him a note saying that ‘I’m meeting Sunggyu this morning so remember to wake up yourself! Don’t be late! <3

 

What made it worst was, Sungyeol could actually be on time, but his stomach just had to act up before he made his way to his classroom for homeroom, instead of going into his class, Sungyeol made a dash to the washroom instead.

 

‘Lee Sungyeol!’ Mr Yoon, his homeroom teacher, hollered at him when Sungyeol came out of the washroom and just slid open the door harshly in order to enter the class. ‘Why are you late for my homeroom class?’ Almost the whole class eyed Sungyeol and Mr Yoon, back and forth. Sungyeol gulped.

 

‘I’m stuck in the toilet this morning.’ Sungyeol honestly replied. Honesty is the best policy, right?

 

‘What do you mean? I don’t think the toilet will lock you up by itself or something.’ Mr Yoon frowned, a vein popping out from his forehead. A few students laughed.

 

‘No sir, the toilet didn’t lock me in. I had too much vegetables last night for dinner.’ Sungyeol said with his serious tone. A corner of his eyes, he saw Hoya was already putting his head on the table and his shoulders shivering vigorously. Sungyeol frowned. What’s so funny?

 

‘Too much vegetables?’ Mr Yoon furrowed his eyebrows. He couldn’t seem to comprehend what Sungyeol was saying.

 

‘You still don’t get it? Gosh. I’m ting just now. Like literally ting. Popping. You get it now?’ Sungyeol rolled his eyes and this time, the whole class busted into a roar of laughter, Sungyeol could hear Hoya’s voice particularly clear.

 

‘Please make sure you finish your business before class starts next time. I don’t want you to be late for my class again.’ Mr Yoon tried to cough his embarrassment away and asked Sungyeol to take his seat so that he could start with the lesson. Sungyeol sat down in a huff and placed his schoolbag on the floor.

 

Then he realized something. He had a new table partner, Sungyeol had been sitting alone at the back of the classroom since he was too tall, and their class was odd numbered. Sungyeol turned to look at his new table partner and he nearly fell off his chair.

 

‘What are you doing here?’ Sungyeol hissed at Myungsoo, who turned to look at him with a smirk on his face.

 

‘Studying, of course. Do I look like I’m popping over here?’ Myungsoo glanced at Sungyeol sideway.

 

‘Why? I thought you’re in another class or something?’ Sungyeol continued asking.

 

‘Don’t ask me. Ask my brother.’ Myungsoo shrugged, Sungyeol continued to glare at Myungsoo. The hell. So he had to tolerate the latter now? Wait. Myungsoo wouldn’t do anything funny to get him into trouble, would he?

 

‘Lee Sungyeol, what is the answer for question two?’ Mr Yoon suddenly asked.

 

‘Yeah?’ Sungyeol looked at the teacher.

 

‘No, the answer is not ‘yeah’. Please pay attention, Sungyeol ssi.’ Mr Yoon sighed. He didn’t say anything else since he knew Sungyeol would talk back at him and bring disruption to his class, he didn’t want that.

 

---

 

‘Sunggyu hyung, why is your brother doing in my class?’ Sungyeol asked as he heavily sat his lunch tray onto the table.

 

‘Studying. I heard that your class is not a bad class so I make a request for him to transfer to your class. Something wrong?’ Sunggyu smiled.

 

‘Something wrong? Are you seriously asking me that? Of course something is wrong! He’s seated next to me! Aka, my table partner. How can I be sure that he won’t’ get me into trouble?’ Sungyeol ruffled his hair in frustration. ‘Moreover, I’m pretty sure that my first encounter with him isn’t what you call pleasant. He will do something to me and I’ll die and-‘

 

‘Yeah. And I’m so going to choke on my own gag from your drama, Mr I-need-to--in-the-morning.’ Myungsoo joined them at the table and sat down beside his brother, directly opposite Sungyeol.

 

‘What? What do you mean I need to in the morning? Yah! It’s the truth okay? I’m really urgent in the morning and-‘ Sungyeol frantically explained, he didn’t seem to notice there were 3 other people who were turning green. Sungjong coughed loudly as he choked on his rice and he hammered his chest so that he could breathe again.

 

‘Too much details, Yeol. I think we get the picture.’ Woohyun said. ‘We’re trying to eat lunch here. Lunch.’ Sunggyu nodded in agreement.

 

‘Psh. Whatever.’ Sungyeol grumpily ate another spoonful of rice.

 

---

 

Sungyeol really regretted it. Really. He shouldn’t have gone to the café near the school, although he was there for his Americano babies but still. His craving for coffee seemed unimportant when he came face to face with 5 muscular guys. They were the ones whom Sungyeol had pissed off.

 

‘Look. What do we have here?’ One of them just picked up a pole from the ground and smirked.

 

‘Bamboo stick, we meet again.’ The one with the serpent tattoo let out.

 

‘I-I don’t’ know who you are.’ Sungyeol gulped, his palms were getting sweaty.

 

‘Sure you don’t huh?’ The guy laughed loudly. ‘I’ll see if this pole can knock some sense into you, probably also bringing back the memory of you trying to play hero and making us lose our girl. Damn, she has a really nice .’

 

Sungyeol scrunched his nose in disgust. He hated guys who think of girls as an item, as a toy they could toy with and abuse. He hated it so damn much.

 

‘Unhappy, are we now?’ The guy noticed Sungyeol’s face changing from fear to disgust. ‘I’ll see who will be unhappy after we get you.’ He raised his pole and preparing to smash it on Sungyeol’s head, Sungyeol hugged his head as a reflex reaction and shut he eyes tightly.

 

Strange. He didn’t feel any pain even after 3 seconds. He timidly opened his eyes slowly and saw someone’s hand stopped the pole from coming into contact with his head. He slowly turned to look at the owner of the hand and his jaw almost dislocated itself from his body.

 

‘Kim-Kim Myungsoo?’ Sungyeol whispered in his disbelieve voice, eyes widened.

 

‘Sorry, dude. The guy you’re trying to hit here is mine.’ Myungsoo smirked at the gangsters who looked at him with somehow a respectable look.

 

‘I’m sorry. I didn’t know he’s your man.’ The guy with the tattoo apologized and Myungsoo gave them a thin stack of 100 dollar notes to them. They left without uttering another words.

 

‘You constantly surprise me. Getting into trouble in class isn’t enough, you have to get into trouble with those guys?’ Myungsoo raised an eyebrow at Sungyeol.

 

‘Wh- what? I didn’t! I’m just trying to save a girl who almost got the other day! That’s why I mistaken your home as my mother’s friend’s home.’ Sungyeol pouted.

 

‘Right. And if I didn’t happen to see you with those people just now, I figure that you’ll be at the mortuary by now. Do you know that pole can break your skull into half with your brain juices splashing everywhere?’ Myungsoo snorted.

 

‘Yeah.’ Sungyeol said quietly. ‘Thank you.’

 

‘There isn’t anything to thank me for. I don’t owe you anything now, neither do you owe me anything.’ Myungsoo began to walk away.

 

‘I owe you one! For saving me!’ Sungyeol yelled.

 

‘No, you don’t. I have mistaken you as trespassing my house the other time so we’re even now.’ Myungsoo replied without looking back.

 

Sungyeol had a feeling that maybe his table partner wouldn’t give him a hard time since, well, he seemed to be nice, except on their first encounter.

 

----

 

‘What did you say again?’ Their Math teacher, Miss Kim, walked towards Sungyeol and Myungsoo’s table with a dark aura emitting from her. ‘What are you doing in my class again?’

 

‘We are, um, discussing about how ugly your skirt is. The color of your blouse doesn’t match with your skirt and the lace of the skirt looks like as though they’re going to fall off soon.’ Sungyeol gulped then answered honestly, Myungsoo mentally face-palmed and he just had the urge to bang his head onto the table.

 

‘Why, why in the world, will you two be talking about my fashion sense when I’m obviously trying to teach here?’ Miss Kim slammed her hand on the table, some of the students whispered ‘Ouch.’ And Sungyeol jumped a little.

 

‘Well… I-‘ Sungyeol’s tongue was caught by a cat. He couldn’t explain why although it was obvious that it was Myungsoo who started that stupid conversation and slowly the conversation had turned into a debate.

 

‘Miss Kim, we aren’t talking about that actually. We are debating about math question instead.’ Myungsoo quickly answered while flipping his exercise book and looked for a particular page. ‘Look, these are some of the workings of the questions but Sungyeol seemed to disagree with me. How about you check it, Miss Kim?’ Myungsoo offered a blinding smile and passed her the exercise book. Miss Kim eyed him with suspicious in her eyes but she took it anyway.

 

‘Myungsoo, I thought you’re one of the best students here? There are a couple of careless mistakes here and there.’ Miss Kim sighed as she just took a pencil and circled out all the mistakes.

 

‘We’re no-‘ Myungsoo clasped his hand around Sungyeol’s mouth and smiled at the confused looking teacher.

 

‘Yes Miss Kim.’ Myungsoo smiled again while Sungyeol tried to pry off Myungsoo’s hand from his mouth so that he could explain.

 

‘I’ll let you go this time, I don’t want to hear any nonsense from you two again, is that clear?’ Miss Kim glared at them.

 

‘Yes Miss Kim.’ Myungsoo bobbed his head up and down to agree, letting go of Sungyeol.

 

‘It’s not—Ouch! Ye-Yes Miss Kim.’ Sungyeol felt as though his tears could just burst out from his eyes as Myungsoo pinched his thigh with too much force and glaring at him, as though daring Sungyeol to complete the sentence he wanted to say. As soon as Miss Kim returned to the stage and began teaching again, Myungsoo stopped pinching Sungyeol and Sungyeol’s hands immediately went to the spot where it was abused by Kim Myungsoo.

 

‘It hurt you idiot! It’s going to bruise!’ Sungyeol cried out softly so Miss Kim wouldn’t hear him.

 

‘You’re the idiot. Can’t you see that she’s going to send us to detention if you told her the truth you ?’ Myungsoo hissed.

 

‘But honesty is the best policy.’ Sungyeol pouted, his thigh still had that stinging sensation.

 

‘Shut up. I won’t get into detention just because of your stupid nonsense. My record is clean and I don’t plan to have it tinted in my high school life. So you better keep your mouth shut when I talk to teacher and I will do the explanation, not you.’ Myungsoo half-whispered and glared at Sungyeol again.

 

‘Oh, man!’ Sungyeol grunted as he placed his head on the cafeteria table.

 

‘What’s wrong?’ Sunggyu asked, ruffling up Sungyeol’s hair.

 

‘Your brother is horrible!’ Sungyeol cried. ‘I’m going to get a bruise on my thigh because of him! And he’s a big fat liar.’

 

‘And the big fat liar you just mentioned is just seated right here.’ Myungsoo rolled his eyes and slurped his noodles.

 

‘What happened?’ Sunggyu asked, eyeing the both of them.

 

‘In class, we’re discussing about Miss Kim’s horrible fashion sense and we happened to get caught by her. I was planning to tell her the truth and then apologize but this idiot here-‘ Sungyeol pointed at Myungsoo. ‘Decided that lying to Miss Kim was a better option. When I wanted to clear things up, he pinch me so hard!’

 

‘Who’s the idiot, seriously? Who will go around admitting that they have bad mouthed the teacher who is going to mark your exam scripts?’ Myungsoo slammed his metal chopsticks onto the table. ‘You tell me. Who’s the one who started arguing with me black is a boring colour? Huh?’

 

‘…Me.’ Sungyeol quietly and timidly replied. Myungsoo didn’t bother reply and picked up his chopsticks again to eat his noodles. Sunggyu seemed to be deep in thought, until a happy-go-lucky Woohyun came and broke the silence.

 

----

 

‘You can’t be serious.’ Sungyeol let out in disbelief, looking at the huge luggage in front of the door of their dorm.

 

‘I am. Your new roommate will arrive in about an hour or so, but I’m going to my Gyu first. See you!’ Woohyun said cheerfully.

 

‘But… But I don’t even know who that guy is! What if I can’t get along with him?’ Sungyeol whined.

 

‘You will. I’m pretty sure you can survive with him and he can take better care of you than I do!’ Woohyun picked up his phone. ‘Well, I’m going now. For real. I’ll see you around in class and lunch. Have fun!’

 

‘Fun my .’ Sungyeol murmured.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: I feel guilty to the max because I made you guys wait so long and it is not even completed... But I can bear the idea of you guys waiting even longer so I decided to give you whatever I have typed up till now. Yeah. I'm lazy... == It's not an excuse but I am lazy. >< Forgive me okay? I'll try to type up the other half of the story soon. Yeah. Soon. >< It has become a two-shot and I don't know how this happen. But still, just wait for me, okay? <3 Hope it didn't bored you guys to death.

 

Really, a big thank you to those who has sub and even upvoted this. Thank you. I'm so sorry for the wait and yeah. I don't really deserve this. :(

 

I'll complete this asap! <3 (I'll try okay?)