Chapter 3.

One Simple Mistake.

Three weeks.

Three weeks Kibum has been awake.

Everyday it gets harder and harder to stay away from him. I wake up every morning hoping for a change, hoping that he will remember me. But each day it’s the same.

Taemin has been giving me updates about him but somehow that makes everything worse. Knowing that he’s aloud to see him and I’m not is excruciating. He’s with him almost every day claiming that he’s helping him remember but I know he doesn’t say anything about me. Kibum’s mother made him promise not too.

Thank god Minho is coming today, getting me out of this house before my thoughts consume me.

My mother calls me down and I realize he’s here already. He’s been coming earlier and earlier these past few weeks, maybe he can sense that I need to get out and get my mind off everything. I walk downstairs to greet a smiling Minho standing in the doorway.

He’s oddly cheerful. Usually he looks just as miserable as I do.

“What’s with the smile, you’re freaking me out.” I shove him lightly.

“Just happy to see you.” He winks at me. “And we are going to Park Ave., school starts in a couple of weeks so we need to get you some new clothes.” He pulls my arm and drags me to the car before I can protest.

He knows I hate shopping now, it was always Kibum’s thing and with everything that happened, I haven’t been able to bring myself to go. All day my thoughts will be flooded with memories of Kibum dragging me store to store despite my protests. Each time I would try to convince him that we bought enough he would shout, “Yah! If you want to be my boyfriend then you have to put up with my addictions!” I smile to myself at the memory. I always shut my mouth after his little outbursts, shopping wasn’t so bad as long as I was with him.

Now going with Minho it’s not going to be the same. We are both the type to hold the bags off to the side while our significant other picks out clothes for us. Normally when Kibum or Taemin would all want to go together, it would be a blood bath trying to get Minho to agree. But here he is smiling away like were going to a candy shop. My guess is he’s trying to cheer me up and for that I couldn’t thank him enough.

Minho slows and finds a nice spot on the side of the road to park. Park Ave doesn’t have parking lots for any of the stores, they want to fit as many stores as they can on this popular strip.

We get out and I notice it’s not that crowded because on Sundays the stores close early. Good at least I wont have to endure this torture for too long.

We walk down the strip but he doesn’t pull me into any stores. Even when I suggest one he tells me no. Then why the hell are we here.

“Minho can we go home if your not going to let me into any stores.” I whine.

“No we are not leaving, there’s…uh certain store I want to go in.” He looks proud of himself. Is he lying to me? This jerk better not be lying to me or ill knock him out.

As we walk I hear the most beautiful, nagging voice I have ever heard.

“Taemin-ah let me go into the stores! They have such pretty things. I swear I’ll bite you if you don’t let go!” His voice, I haven’t heard it in so long I almost thought I imagined it.

“Key if you do not stop fighting me we will not go into any at all! I told you were meeting some friends and then we can go.” I heard Taemin’s voice in the distance. I wish I could see them, we are in a very crowded area so it’s hard to see past the people.

Minho smiles and pulls me through the people. He knows I heard him, I just can’t believe he would do all this for me. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to repay him for finding a way for me to see him.

Finally we escape through the mess of people into a more open spot and I see him. His brown hair is gently sweeping across his forehead and his clothes tightly hugging his now healthy body. It’s almost as if the last seven months never happened, except for the fact that he doesn’t remember me.

He drags me until I’m standing right in front of him. My voice fails me and all I can do is stare. He is the most beautiful creature I have ever laid my eyes on.

He stares right back with his lips slightly parted. Its insane how badly I need to kiss those lips. My eyes wander down his body, taking in every inch of him.

“Ahem.” One of them coughs. I quickly look away, realizing I probably seem creepy. I sneak a glance back at Kibum and notice his the blush forming on his cheeks. He’s so cute it’s practically unbearable.

“Key, this is Minho.” He points at Minho. “And this is Jonghyun.” I watch as his eyes widen in horror at the sound of my name. “Alright so we all know each other, now Minho and I have some shopping to do. You guys have fun.” He garbs Minho’s hand and turns to leave but not before winking at us.

They can’t be leaving us alone! What do I even say to him? This is not good. I can feel the panic bubbling up in my chest. I want to runaway but I also want to wrap him in my arms at the same time. I don’t know which option is better.

“So..you’re Jonghyun?” His question snaps me out of my thoughts.

“Y-yeah, why?” I ask nervously. He can’t have remembered me, can he?

“Well cause my mom told me that if a guy named Jonghyun came near me then I should punch him in the face.” He smirks. Awesome, this is starting out great. “But I’m not gunna do that, you have very nice face, I wouldn’t want to ruin it.” His smile gets wider. I feel my cheeks heat up at his words, he still thinks I’m good looking. I don’t even try to fight the smile forming on my lips.

“If your not going to punch me, would you like to go into some stores?” I watch his face light up and my heart thumps loudly in my chest.

“Yes please!” He practically shouts.

He turns to lead the way and I follow. We walk a few steps side by side when I feel his fingers lace through mine. My heart stops in my chest. His touch alone is enough to send electricity throughout my body.

He looks down and realizes he grabbed my hand. “Oh, I’m sorry.” He mumbles while blushing. He releases my hand and my whole body runs cold. I ache to touch him again that I don’t think I'm strong enough to resist the urge.

I swallow my doubt and take his hand in mine. “You don’t ever need to apologize to me.” I say in a low tone.

A shy smile appears on his lips that melts my heart. “Well, good cause I wasn’t actually sorry.” He gives my hand a light squeeze while smiling at me. I really missed his sassy remarks. Even if he doesn’t remember anything, his personality is still the same. I never thought it was possible to love him more but spending these few moments together made my love for him grow. I love him more than humanly possible. 

 

----------------------------------

Sorry if there's mistakes, its really late here and im exhuasted but I haven't updated this in a while so I wanted to write this chapter

Thank you to every one who has subscribed and commented! 

I'll try to update this quicker and I'll try to write better, I'm not to thrilled on how this chapter came out but I'm going to blame that on the sleep deprivation

But thank you again for reading this!

xoxoxoxox