The Boyfriend Tag

The Boyfriend Tag

Only lightly edited!

*****

I angled the camera towards the bed where atop of it laid the awkward lump I called my boyfriend sleeping away before I dropped myself beside him and swiftly pulled the sheets away, exposing him to the cool autumn breeze.

 

“Rise and shine, it’s already 7:30!”

 

A grumble and a moan in protest sounded in my ears before a muffled 'you mean its only 7:30' came as a reply.

 

“C’mon, if you wake up now I’ll promise to cook your favorite food for lunch and dinner.”

 

“…hmm”

 

“Well then I guess we can forget about whatever I planned for us tonight…particularly some physical action in our room…”

 

He shot up in an instant with eyes so awake you wouldn’t have thought he was sleeping just a couple of minutes ago. “Wow yeah so what do you need me for?”

 

“Pft, men. Now be nice and put these on,” I muttered, before handing him a clean shirt and some oversized black-framed spectacles. I shifted towards the camera to check the conditions once again before I started the recording. I shifted back slowly until I felt two arms closing themselves around my waist and pulling me back against a warm chest.

 

“Hey guys, so today’s video has been highly requested over the past month and by highly requested I mean all my social platforms were flooded with this request so I’m sure by now my usual viewers will know what today’s topic will be. If you’re not so clear, just continue watching and you will find out in about one minute. First, let me introduce my partner-in-crime for today’s video. Everyone, meet Kim Jong In. Jong In, meet my wonderful and lovely viewers.”

 

I gave the head on my shoulder a little nudge and gestured towards the camera, hinting that it was his time to talk.

 

“Hello everyone, I’m EXO’s Kai but my role today is to be your beloved, actually no, my beloved princess’ boyfriend Jong In. Please take care of me today~” I playfully pinched his cheeks for the extreme cheesiness.

 

“If you’re still unclear about what today’s video is about, we'll be doing the boyfriend tag which Jong In here has no idea about and I am about to bomb him a whole lot of questions from the net plus some that I got you guys to send in so without further ado, let us start the interrogation!”

 

“You’re out to eat, what dressing does she order with her salad?” I stifled a giggle as I looked at his confused face before raising a brow at him.

 

“Uhm, Caesar but then again you will never order a salad willingly because most salads have arugula in them and you hate those.”

 

“Correct, correct and correct, very detailed Mr. Kim. Next, what is my eye color?” I snapped my eyes shut as I waited for his answer.

 

“Dark brown, but you always wear the grey color lenses ‘cause you think grey is a much cooler color compared to brown. You’ve also switched between light brown and grey after we started wearing them for our performances.” I opened my eyes to look at him, shocked at the details that he so confidently gave.

 

“What? I am quite the observer okay? I also know you cut your hair shorter and dyed it a darker brown, just like a shade darker than your previous color.” He gave me a lazy smile and I planted a kiss onto those curved lips.

 

“Third question, what would she eat for breakfast?”

 

“Hmm…” he thought for a while before pulling me closer and said “You usually just get whatever you can on the way to school or you’ll skip breakfast, which I might add, is totally unhealthy and I have told you a million times how you shouldn’t do that, but otherwise, you would definitely get something with eggs in it if you had the time to choose or cook.”

 

“I am getting very impressed over here wow. Okay, what is my favorite color… currently because I think everyone knows by now that I can my favorite colors like I change clothes.”

 

“Wait so it’s not purple anymore? This is a sly move princess, I haven’t seen you in like a month before this!” He gave me a pout.

 

“Sorry bro but I dropped hints on my Instagram and my current obsession is the monochrome theme so black and white were the correct answers,” I merely shrugged and scrolled further down the page to scout for interesting questions.

 

“Ooh here’s one from @Kaithegreat on Twitter; ‘For Ri Ae unnie, is Kai oppa really that cheesy in real life?’” I let out a loud laugh before answering, “well, wow I feel a little sad now that I thought about it, but I actually got won over by his pathetic pick up lines over the months where he was wooing me.”

 

I felt my body twisted to face the boy in question while he protested, “hey, my pick up lines weren’t pathetic! …Right? I mean, it wasn’t that bad?” He gave me a doubtful look while I gave him a cheeky smile and turned back to the screen of my Macbook.

 

“Do we have a tradition?” I was met by silence so I looked up only to see a sulking Jong In with his arm crossed. I sighed and shifted onto his lap.

 

“Jong In, I was kidding alright? Your pick up lines were cute and funny and would we be here if I didn’t like them?” I gave him a peck on his lips and a little smile.

His lips curled up a little before he groaned, “damn, I can never be mad at you can I? So, what was the next question?” I smiled and tried to climb off his lap but he latched his arms around my waist and fixed me in my spot. I stretched my arms over to grab my laptop and repeated the question.

 

“Yeah we do, we always visit a new Japanese or French restaurant once a month because they’re our favorite. We also do this ritual thing before I go on stage whenever you come and watch us.” We did our usual handshake thingy and kissed our snowflake necklaces at the end.

 

I gave a little yawn before I continued, “What do I usually order when I go to Starbucks?”

 

“Easy, grande caramel macchiato with non-fat milk or chai latte when you’re not in the mood for coffee. “ He laid his head at the crook of my neck before yawning. “Damn those contagious yawns.”

 

I let out a little laugh, starting to feel a little drowsy before taking a look at the list again. “From @happypills_8912385 on Twitter; ‘Hope both of you would give your answer for this! What is something you do that they wish you didn’t?’ So, what is something I do that you wish I didn’t?”

 

He gave a faint hum before he answered, “I wish you would stop overthinking about how certain things would turn out, because you always think the worst and I don’t want you to worry your pretty little head about those. I want you to be happy and carefree always.”

 

“Well I wish you would stop overworking yourself so much, and take a break once in a while. I know you recently injured your back again, don’t think I didn’t notice your discomfort after performing Growl that day.” I shot him a concerned look.

 

“See, thinking too much again. I promise I’ll take care of myself so don’t worry alright?” He gave me a small peck on the cheek before nesting his head between my neck and shoulder again. I made him answer a few more questions before we said our goodbyes and ended the video.

 

I packed up the camera and laptop, gave a little stretch, and decided to hop back into bed since it was only 9 in the morning and I had the whole day to edit the footage later.

 

I buried my head in his chest and wrapped my arms around his waist while he rested his chin on the top of my head. I recapped the morning in my head, surprised at how much Jong In knew about me and I gave a little satisfied sigh and murmured “Jong In.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I love you, and thank you for taking the effort to know about me”

He said nothing and pulled me closer.

 

I was falling asleep when I heard a hushed whisper,

 

“Love you too princess.” 

 

 

*****

 

A/N: I'm sorry it came out shorter than I expected but this was all I could come up with because it was an impromptu idea and its already well past midnight so my brain isn't really functioning that well at this point haha.

 

I'm thinking of taking in some requests for drabbles, tell me what you think about it! :-)

 

Comment, subscribe and upvote if you liked this thank you!

x