Three

Dear Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Banana milk for you two lazy asses.", JB said as he and Mark arrived to the fountain. They had went to get some beverages and snacks. 

"Hyungs are the best.", Jackson aegyo-ed and grabbed his milk. He opened a bag of chips and tosed another over to JR. JB rolled his eyes at them and sat himself down beside Mark.

"Hey Mark.", JR mumbled with chips in his mouth. "The girl behind keeps staring at you.", he pointed his chin forward. Taking a bite off his sandwich, Mark turned around and met eyes with the girl. 

"It's that girl from the auditorium", Mark thought. Upon realizing that he was looking back at her, the girl turned around immediately. Mark shrugged and turned back to face s.

"She's probably just a fan." 

 

--------------------

Belle felt as though her soul had left her body. Tears filled her eyes and her hands shook mildly with the plastic spoon still grasped in them.

The boy whom she had missed so dearly for the past three years, actually appeared right before her eyes once again. She really had to control every single cell in her body to not lunge herself at him. 

All she really wanted right at that moment is to snuggle right against his chest, inhale his scent, feel his fingers running up and down her back, and just simply be in a world of their own. 

"He's no longer your Mark.", Belle reminded herself.

True enough, he doesn't even know her name. Much less all the memories that they had once shared. 

Right there and then, Belle felt the most painful price that she had to pay since the day she made the pact with Death. 

"Belle?", Jin called out to the dazzled girl in front of her. "Belle!"

Belle snapped out of her thoughts and looked at Jin.

"Are you alright? You seem really out of sorts..", Jin asked with concern.

"I'm just a little tired..", Belle lied. She took a few more sips of her soup and covered the takeaway tray with its lid.

"Let's go and return the trays."

 

--------------------

For the rest of the day, Belle's mind was on Mark and the tragic fact that they were in the same school. She couldn't even pay attention to the rest of the talk that her lecturers gave. 

"My dad is here to fetch me for dinner. Wanna catch a ride?", Jin asked while they were walking out of the academy. 

"I cycled here actually. Thanks for the offer though!", Belle replied and pointed to her sky blue bicycle that was chained to a bicycle lot.

Jin's dad came around and Belle greeted him. Jin hopped into the car and waved goodbye to Belle.

"Bye Belle! See ya tomorrow!", Jin chirped. Belle smiled at her and waved back.

 

While cycling to the nearest supermarket to get some groceries, Belle sighed in comfort at the touch of the cool breeze against her facial skin. Besides playing the piano, cycling around neighbourhoods helped in letting forget her thoughts and just be in the moment. 

Walking down the aisle of the supermarket, Belle swiftly grabbed her groceries one by one. She stopped at the ice-cream section with her eyes fixed on one particular tub. Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough ice-cream. Mark's favorite. And it was the last tub left. Without much thinking, Belle reached out for it.

"I'm sorry-", Belle apologized as she turned to look at the person who reached for the ice-cream at the same time as she did. Her eyes widened as they come in contact with Mark's. He took the tub of ice-cream and placed it in her hands. The close proximity between their bodies made her held her breath for the longest time possible. She was not dreaming. He was inde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter