Two

Dear Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BACK TO THE PAST - 25th December 2011 

Belle's eyes shot open as she caught her breath. Breathing heavily, she felt as if someone had just threw her into a tornado. A warm sensation on her hand drew her attention and she looked down at what she was holding on to. A cup of latte. Feeling confused, Belle looked around her surroundings and it struck her that she was sitting on the bench at the shopping mall's platform. She felt a strong sense of deja vu, like as if as she had been in this situation before. 

Belle placed the cup of latte down beside her and took a look at her cellphone.

25th December 2011, the date on her cellphone read. 

2011? Shouldn't it be the year 2014 now?, Belle's head was throbbing. What had just happened? 

Just then, images of Mark's dead body lying on the cold concrete ground flooded her mind. She remembered herself pleading to Death, hoping for Mark to live. 

Bit by bit, everything made sense to Belle. She pleaded for Mark to live, and she got it.

Belle had just time-travelled back to the day where she and Mark met for the very first time. 

 

--------------------

"Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas!", the ever-so familiar voice of Mark brought Belle back to her senses. 

She looked in front of her and saw the boy that she loved so much. There he was, giving out presents to the kids, exactly the same way as he always did.  The desire to be in his arms was too great. Belle pushed herself off from the seat and before she could make her way towards him, something in her mind struck her.

"Remember, your destinies cannot be changed if your paths cross again.", the voice in her head reminded her. It was a pact with Death that she had made.

Mark gets to live, but she have to sacrifice their love. 

Taking a step back, Belle looked over at Mark as he played around with the kids joyfully. Reluctance flowed through every single vein in her body. She really didn't want to leave him.

But she had to. 

Gripping hardly onto the extra cup of chai latte, the latte that intertwined both of their fates in the first place, Belle walked over to a little boy.

"Could you do me a really sweet favor and pass this cup of drink over to Mr. Santa Claus over there?", Belle asked as sweetly as she could, hiding the sadness behind her voice.

The little boy nodded his head and went over to Mark swiftly. Belle took the chance and hid herself behind a tall Christmas tree. 

She saw the little boy handing Mark the cup of latte. Mark took his mask off and looked around puzzledly before taking the cup in his hands. He ruffled the boy's hair and thanked him. 

"I'm sorry,", Belle whispered as she tried to control her tears from overflowing.

"and I love you."

 

--------------------

DEJA VU THROUGHOUT THE YEARS - 2011 to 2014

Ever since the day she left Mark, Belle had tried her best to live life normally. She was fine before he appeared. Surely she'd be alright without him too, right? Many times, she'd tell herself to take the memories with Mark as though as it was a really long dream. But after all, what dream could be so real such that it really pained her heart so much?

Everything else happened exactly the way it happened. She got accepted into Seoul's College of the Performing Arts. She wondered if Mark's debut preparation was going well? She wondered if the nights of trainings had drained him, she wondered if he was eating well, she wondered if he was still as thin as ever.. All these thoughts, occupied the most of her mind every single day. 

Christmas every year got lonelier and lonelier. Once, she had a boy to spend the special night with. But now, she's back to square one. With even a piece of herself missing. 

After Got7 debuted, Belle recorded all of their videos, performances and interviews. She was so proud to see Mark succeed and fulfill his dream. She knew that it was definitely a tough fight for Mark, but he had succeeded. Her only regret was that she couldn't be there for him. Encouraging him everytime he felt like giving up, giving him massages when the practices got the better of him, and telling him that it will all be worth while. 

She regretted all those. 

On Christmas day 2014, the day that separated Mark and her, it was also supposedly the day that Mark passed away. Not wanting to relive the horrible memories of that day, Belle snuggled herself in bed at 7pm and forced herself to sleep. 

Once this day is over, it calls for a new beginning for Belle. She is determined to completely wash Mark out of her life. 

When the new year starts, she'll be in college, preparing herself to be a world-class pianist. 

"This is goodbye, for real, Mark. I wish you happiness.", and with that, Belle slipped into a peaceful slumber.

 

--------------------

PRESENT - Year 2015

"Man, I sure am excited to attend classes again. I thought I've washed my hands off studying for good!", Jackson whined.

"Why did the president even decide that it'll be good for us to start college right now?", JR added on.

Mark looked over at the two younger mal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter