3.6.5 (Oh Sehun)

3.6.5 (Sehun)

It’s the first week of the spring semester, within the next four months, Sehun will be graduating with his fellow classmates and friends before heading to college. He sat by the bleachers of the school’s outdoor track and field and looked at the school team warming up. The runners are slowly jogging around the track while the coach barked orders at them. He jogged his way towards the coach and handed him a water bottle.

“Sehun-ah! My favorite assistant!” he enveloped Sehun into a bear hug and drank from the water bottle.

“I’m your only assistant.” he answered, giving a smirk to the coach. He went towards the water cooler to assemble the water bottles and towels on the benches.

“Oh Sehun.” He looked up from what he is doing.

“Park Eun Ae.” She smiled and grabbed the towel from his hands. He handed her a water bottle and watched her drank from it as she dabbed the towel against her flushed face.

“Coach is being very uptight this semester since the Biannual School Olympics against the Seoul Arts and Science High School is coming up.” He nodded and was about to speak up when the coach yelled at Eun Ae to keep jogging. She twisted the bottle cap back on the bottle and handed to Sehun.

“Mark it for me.” She quickly jogged back before the coach yelled at her again. He took out a black marker from his bag and wrote on the water bottle:

Park Eun Ae’s ^_^


The first time Sehun met Eun Ae was in sophomore year when they were enrolled in the same chemistry class. They were paired off by their teacher to be each other’s lab partners. Eun Ae is a lively and cheerful girl; she enjoys talking about many things with Sehun when they were working on their experiments. She is an active girl as well and went to join the school track team. When Sehun heard that she’s in the team, he quickly applied for the assistant position when he saw the flyers posted around the school.

“A young man wanting to be the assistant to the coach of a girl’s team.” the coach said as he saw Sehun presenting him the flyer. His face flushed, and he quickly stifled out a cough.

“I think I’m a good candidate for this position.”

“How so?”

“I know the coach’s personality the best out of everyone in the whole school.” The coach roared out a laugh as he placed a hand over his forehead.

“I don’t know, it’s quite obvious the reason you wanted this position is because you’re interested in one of the girls.” He gave a stern look to the coach and placed both palms on the table.

“It won’t affect my overall work performance, I promise.” The coach rose up from his seat and folded his arms across his chest as he take one good look at Sehun.

“Fine, you’re in.” Sehun raised his fists in victory and lowered them when the coach coughed.

“Thanks, Dad.”

“It’s Coach here.” He shook his hand with the coach.

“Thanks, Coach.”


“Sehun-ah! Which university did you get into?!” Eun Ae ran towards him and bumped into his shoulder as she peered at his acceptance letter. Sehun took a quick glance at her letter that she was holding onto and gave her a smirk.

“Guess we’ll be seeing each other for the next four years.” She gave a playful punch to his arm and walked towards her bike. Sehun followed her and unchained his bike that is standing next to her’s and biked to the cafe that Eun Ae’s mother owns. They took their seats at a table next to a window in the second floor. They’ve been visiting the cafe every day ever since they need to study for their college entrance exams and her mother adored Sehun.

“Umma, look at where we got accepted to!” Eun Ae proudly displayed both of their acceptance letters to her mom when she placed their trays down on the table.

“Oh my goodness! Both of you got accepted to Yonsei University! I can see you two together for the next four years, then get married and have children, oh and I can help take care of t-”

“Umma!”

“Mrs. Park!” Both of their faces flushed in embarrassment. Her mother chuckled and patted their shoulders.

“Just joking, can’t handle an old lady’s jokes? And Sehun-ah, call me Umma like how Eun Ae does, Mrs. Park sounds too distant.” Sehun returned a small smile before eating with his head down. They both ate in silence as Mrs. Park walked back downstairs to welcome the incoming customers. Sehun made an excuse saying that he needs to go home early, and Eun Ae quietly nodded as she walked downstairs with him. Sehun walked back home slowly while pushing his bike at the side. Many of his friends, his dad, and even Mrs. Park can tell that he likes Eun Ae, except for her. He puffed out his cheeks and blew air out through his lips as he waited for the traffic light to turn green. He wanted to confess to her, but the timing never seem to be in his liking.

“Just go up to her and confess like a man.” Jongin told him as he grumbled over the bad timing of confessing to Eun Ae for the nth time. Sehun shook his thoughts away and crossed the street, stopping as he reached the concrete pavement when his phone rang, it’s Eun Ae calling.

“Eun Ae?”

“No, it’s Umma. Sehun-ah, can-please come to the hospital right away. Eun Ae got into an accident. We’re at the hospital near the school.” He hung up and quickly shifted his bike before pedaling to the hospital as fast as he can.


How did she got into an accident? I just left the cafe half an hour ago, stupid light is taking forever to change. He frowned and tapped his fingers impatiently against the handles as he waited for the last traffic light to turn green. When he arrived to the main entrance of the hospital, he ran inside, bringing his bicycle with him.

“Young man, you need to chain your bicycle outside first or I won’t let you in.” The security guard stopped him as he entered through the automatic doors. Sehun apologized quickly, bowing his head down to the security guard, his sweat dripping down from his face as he tilted his head. The security guard helped him find Eun Ae’s room when he finished chaining his bike and he thanked him profusely. He leaned his back against the elevator wall as the doors shut to bring him to the fifth floor, his head tilted upwards as he breathed deeply through his nose to catch his breath. He saw Mrs. Park and his dad standing outside, her dabbing tissues on her eyes as he gently patted her shoulders.

“Appa, what happened?” His dad looked up with a grim face.

“She got hit by a car.” Sehun can feel his heart dropped to the bottom of his stomach.

“She left shortly after you, and a careless driver struck the back of her bike. He is currently with the police now with her dad.” Her mom spoke after calming herself down.

“Can I-” They both nodded their heads and Sehun slowly turned his body to face the door before pushing it open.


He sees her lying on the bed, her left leg dangling up in the air with the support of a white bandage. She also has bandages wrapped around both of her wrists and the upper left corner of her forehead. He sat himself down on the edge of the mattress, flinging his messenger bag to the floor.

“Are you alright? Does it hurt?” He saw her hands have small cuts here and there and he looked up to see her expressionless face.

“Hey, you’ll be alright soon. Come on, smile!” He smiled as wide as he could, extending his thumb and index finger out before placing them under his chin. He seen her mad couple of times, and this method never fails to make her smile. Her eyes flickered up to Sehun’s face, and tears started to stream down. He got taken aback from her crying, he never saw her cried before.

“Hey, hey, don’t cry.” He quickly pulled out two pieces of tissues from the box on the table and handed them over to her, she crumpled the tissue papers and threw them on the floor. Sehun didn’t know what else to do, so he stayed seated at the corner and waited for her to calm down.

“Now I can’t enter.” She wiped the tears away with her hands, hissing softly as her salty tears touched upon the cuts on her hands. He figured out she was talking about the Biannual School Olympics that’s going to take place next month. He inched closer to her and wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

“There’s always n-”

“There won’t be a next time, we’re graduating.” Sehun wanted to kill himself.

“I’m sorry, I know how much you prepared for it.” He can feel her arms wrapping tighter around his waist. Their parents both walked in the room shortly afterward, his dad comforting her of not being able to participate in the Olympics and her mom dabbing tissues to Eun Ae’s tear-stained face. The doctor said she will be able to go home after three more days, but she won’t be able to participate in any strenuous exercise for another month and a half. Sehun and his dad left the hospital shortly after, unchaining his bike and placing it inside his dad’s car as they drove home in silence.


Sehun visited her every day until she got discharged from the hospital and would personally take her home after school. He and his dad created a comfy seat behind his seat of his bike so she can sit and rest her injured leg comfortably. She slowly turned more bright as her teammates came to visit her and encourage her to never give up. Sehun would also go to the physical therapy sessions every week to accompany her.

“Good job, Eun Ae-ah, go slowly, one step at a time.” the physical therapist encouraged her as Eun Ae slowly walked on the treadmill. Sehun is sitting on the chair against the wall with a bag of snacks and two chocolate bubble tea. When the therapist told her to take a break, Sehun quickly walked to her side and bring her to the chairs.

“Wah, so much sweets Sehun-ah!” She quickly sip her chocolate bubble tea while rummaging through the bag.  

“They’re not just for you, Eun Ae-ah, I gotta eat too.” She scrunched up her nose at him as she opened a bag of chips. They talked about their classes and how the teams are preparing for the Olympics until the therapist told her to continue with the session.

“Coming!” she quickly stood up and took the first step with her injured leg. She yelped in pain and Sehun quickly grabbed her hand to balance herself. He held onto her hand tightly until she walked up to the treadmill, finally letting go when the physical therapist looked at him with a raised eyebrow. He walked back to the chairs, putting the hand that held her’s onto his heated face and smiled.


“You held her hand and you still did not confess to her?! What the hell man!” Jongin slapped Sehun’s shoulder when they were taking a break on the grass field from their football game. Sehun shrugged his shoulders and looked at his phone, one more hour until Eun Ae is finished with her last class. Today is the last day of her physical therapy session and he said he would treat her to something good afterwards to celebrate.

“Are you going to confess to her today then? You better or I will be very disappointed in you.” Jongin continued, gulping down the water in his water bottle.

“You try confessing to a girl you liked for the past two years for the nth time when the timing is never right.” he retorted back, hitting Jongin on the head with his water bottle.

“Timing is just your excuse, you’re just too chicken.” Sehun thought of what Jongin had said, he did always say the timing is never to his liking whenever he’s not able to confess to Eun Ae.

“Maybe you’re right, I am too chicken. I guess I’m afraid she’ll say no.” His self-confidence quickly dropped as he thought about his plans for tonight with her. Jongin encouraged him to keep his plans, saying it’s senior year, it’s now or never.  


They biked to a local restaurant near Eun Ae’s home and walked to the balcony seating area to eat. There are many couples and small families seated in the restaurant enjoying their dinner.

“Wow Sehun-ah, didn’t know there’s a romantic side of you.” Eun Ae giggled as she flipped through the menu. He gave a small smile and kept his eyes on the menu, thinking when is the best time to confess to her. Their dishes came rather quickly and they chatted about their potential college majors and what clubs or teams they’re interested in joining. When they’re done with their main course, the waiter asked if they wanted to order some desserts.

“Uh yes, um, would you mind coming back after we looked through the dessert menu?” Sehun asked as the waiter handed him the menu. The waiter smiled and nodded his head before walking to another table that needed assistance.

“You still have room for dessert Oh Sehun?” she asked, raising an eyebrow in disbelief. He smiled and looked through the menu.

“You mind if I order two of these?” He pointed at the picture of a chocolate lava cake with a strawberry on top, she nodded and he quickly ordered two. Okay, I’m going to confess to her now. He repeated that sentence in his head over and over as they ate their lava cake. He finished his cake faster than her and he prepared himself as he wiped his mouth with a napkin.

“Eun Ae-ah, I have something to tell you.” Eun Ae looked up with the fork in .

“Hmph?” She pulled out the fork from and cut off another piece of the cake.

“I like you.” She coughed and placed her fork down as she went to reach for her glass of water. Sehun also went to get his glass of water and downed a large portion of it.

“I liked you since sophomore year, and…and I wanted to let you know how I feel. I-I don’t want to keep hiding this secret for the next four years when we’re in college.” She didn’t give him a response or finish her cake. She asked the waiter for the bill and excused herself to use the restroom. As she walked away, Sehun placed his hands on his head, knowing he got rejected. Argh, I should never confess to her, now I don’t know if we can even stay as friends now. He quickly paid and texted Eun Ae that he’ll be waiting outside.


They biked to her home quietly, her arms around his waist and her head lying against his back. He felt awkward from her touch after the confession, but pretended nothing’s wrong. When they reached outside of her apartment building, Eun Ae grabbed onto his wrist before he pedaled away.

“Come inside.” He narrowed his eyebrows in confusion, and he started to move when Eun Ae tugged his wrist. They walked into the apartment building and to her apartment. Sehun noticed that no one is home yet and that made him feel uncomfortable. He stood by the door as Eun Ae dropped her bag onto the sofa.

“Sit, I have something to show you.” He listened to her and sat on the sofa as she went to her room. She quickly came back out with a cardboard box in her hands. She placed it on top of the coffee table and sat down next to Sehun.

“Open it.” He opened the cover of the cardboard box and saw many empty plastic water bottles.

“Huh?” She took out one of the water bottles and showed it to him.

“These are all the water bottles you’ve marked for me since I joined the team.” He looked confused as he saw the water bottles being neatly arranged in the box. She chuckled and placed the water bottle back in the box.

“You don’t get it Sehun-ah? I like you too.” Sehun looked at her, his mouth opened slightly in shock. He took the water bottles out one by one to reconfirm.

Park Eun Ae’s :)

Park Eun Ae’s >.<

Park Eun Ae’s -_-”

He jumped up in happiness and wrapped his arms around Eun Ae as he sat back down on the couch.  

“Yeah, I knew you liked me too.” he said cheekily when he broke their hug. Eun Ae hit his head with one of the water bottles.

“Don’t act so cheeky Oh Sehun, or you’ll regret it.”


Even though Eun Ae is not able to participate as part of the school team to compete in the School Olympics, she and Sehun came to help out by handing out water bottles and towels. The Biannual School Olympics is one of the most extravagant events the schools prepared for their students and the seats were filled up one hour before the actual event. They cheered loudly whenever it’s their school teams that are competing, but they cheered the loudest when it’s finally the girl’s track team.

“YES! WE WON!” Eun Ae shouted as the judges announced the victor school of the Olympics. Sehun quickly told her to sit back down as her leg is not fully healed. They both walked over to the track team and hugged each and every one of them, including the coach.

“Alright guys, let’s go celebrate in Eun Ae’s mom’s cafe!” They all cheered and went to the cafe where her mother had closed to the public for the day so she can serve the team. From there, everyone knows the relationship between Sehun and Eun Ae as they feed each other their food.

“You better treat her well Sehun or you can never come back home.” his dad instructed, pointing his fork at him. Eun Ae’s mom hushed him by gently slapping his back.

“Aigoo, of course our Sehun will treat Eun Ae well. Eun Ae-ah you better treat Sehun well or else.” she warned her, shaking her finger at her. Both of them laughed at their parents and continued eating their food.


“Now I proudly announce you high school graduates of Seoul High School of Phys Ed!” the principal shouted through the microphone on the podium of the stage. All the graduates jumped up from their seats as confetti was shot through the sky, covering each and every one of their heads. They were separated by gender and there was way too much people in the auditorium so they decided beforehand to meet at the main gate once the graduation ceremony is over. Sehun immediately found Eun Ae waiting by the main gate and silently crept behind her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and presented a bouquet of flowers to her.

“Congratulations Eun Ae-ah.” He gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before she turned her head to look at him.

“Thank you.” She accepted the bouquet and returned the kiss on his cheek. She placed the bouquet on the basket of her bike and was ready to go sit on it when Sehun stopped her.

“I got another present.” He took out a water bottle and handed it to her. She looked at it and smiled, turning it so he can see his words.

Park Eun Ae’s <3.